Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Are you a mono-gamist?

2»

Comments

• LithuanianLithuanian Member UncommonPosts: 543
    Mostly monogamist. If I stick to one game – I play it no matter what. Example: player mmorpg "I", then tried ("I will just try while I is updating") mmorpg "L". Result: now immered in L and too little thoughts about changing or playing 2 games at once.
  • free2playfree2play Member UncommonPosts: 2,043

In EVE I am a monogamer but I run 4 accounts.

In FF14 I only had one account, same with LotRO and I could have both of those installed and would switch out depending on the mood.

Mono multi box gamer?

• IssieaIssiea Member Posts: 75

I'm definitely a mono-gamist.  Only ever play one game at a time.  

Even if I try out a new game I will play it for a few hours to a few days (depending on how much I may or may not like it) if it's a keeper then I will continue to play it.  If not then I will uninstall it and either find a new game or take a break from playing anything.

• DihoruDihoru Member Posts: 2,731

Pretty much that guy, EVE's my gaming love but she's about as fickle as she can get so from time to time I have to go plough some virgin fields while she gets over another bout of expansion bugmidya.

• crasset15crasset15 Member UncommonPosts: 194

Morrowind/oblivion/skyrim when I'm burned out with MMOs

DayZ

Neverwinter and a bunch of other trash-MMOs when I get burned out of TSW (that happens a lot lately)

Guild wars 2 when I'm sick of everything else, and simply need to play something for the sake of playing something.

GTA 4 MP for random carnage and racing.

Metro and Stalker for single player survival goodness.

Occasional random SP games from steam sales when I feel like it.

I expect to devote to a single MMO when the new sandboxes start releasing.

• VolkonVolkon Member UncommonPosts: 3,748

I have one main game, GW2. I may, once a week or so, play a little Defiance, but that's it. Pretty much monogamist.

Nice play on the word, btw! Well done indeed.

Oderint, dum metuant.

• KenFisherKenFisher Member UncommonPosts: 5,035

I'm clearly a mono-gamist kind of guy.  Sure I could go play others, but why bother?  More hassle than it's worth.

Ken Fisher - Semi retired old fart Network Administrator, now working in Network Security.  I don't Forum PVP.  If you feel I've attacked you, it was probably by accident.  When I don't understand, I ask.  Such is not intended as criticism.
  • buddhaneo99buddhaneo99 Member Posts: 30

Maybe some of you are not e-quip-ped to be mono-gamist. That is to say you don't have the e-quip-ment.

I bet I could make a game that you would be faithful to.

Maybe you haven't met "the right game".

• maplestonemaplestone Member UncommonPosts: 3,099
    Originally posted by buddhaneo99

I bet I could make a game that you would be faithful to.

You're not really my type.

• TheMaahesTheMaahes Member Posts: 185
    Originally posted by buddhaneo99

I always like funny quips, and I just couldn't help myself, when I thought of this one!

So... are you a mono-gamist, into mono-game-y, that is to say, into just one game?

Or are you a poly-gamist, into many games?

When you think about it "mono-game-y", and "mmorpg", sound very similar so it makes sense that mmorpg players should be mono-gamist?

What are you?

A sneaky git I see.

I personally like sticking with one game. I stuck with WAR for a long time, but afterwards have been drifting through many games lately. Damn, describing it like that is making me feel sleezy.