Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[Interview] Aion: A Glimpse Into Aion 4.0

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

NCSoft is anxious for players to learn more about Aion 4.0, set to hit the game later this summer. We have teamed up with the developers to give our readers an exclusive in-house interview with Producer Seunguk Baek. Check it out before heading to the comments with your thoughts and questions.

NCSoft: Many players have expressed that they feel that they are “rushed” to end-game more and more with each new patch. Is the primary focus to get players to end-game as quickly as possible or are there plans to revitalize mid-level content?

Seunguk Baek: The mid-range levels are opportunities for the player to learn the mechanics of the game and prep for end game content. It isn’t good to go through it too quickly, and it’s a bad experience if it drags on too long. The goal is to find the right balance, and we pay close attention to the leveling process.

Read more A Glimpse Into Aion 4.0.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• TribeofOneTribeofOne Member UncommonPosts: 1,006
    Good luck Aion but No Thanks
  • SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,001

I never like NC Soft interviews. They never really give any real information.

It's always "we're working on... We want it to be Fun ... We will Monitor that ... " etc.

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • dg29031994dg29031994 Member UncommonPosts: 135
    Originally posted by Sovrath

It's always "we're working on... We want it to be Fun ... We will Monitor that ... " etc.

^ agree.

"The mid-range levels are opportunities for the player to learn the mechanics of the game and prep for end game content. It isn’t good to go through it too quickly, and it’s a bad experience if it drags on too long. The goal is to find the right balance, and we pay close attention to the leveling process."

So what did they do?

• UkihaUkiha Member Posts: 58
    "Once you go Aion....you never go back...!!! Akakakak!!!"
  • blohm86blohm86 Member Posts: 43

"The mid-range levels are opportunities for the player to learn the mechanics of the game and prep for end game content. It isn’t good to go through it too quickly, and it’s a bad experience if it drags on too long. The goal is to find the right balance, and we pay close attention to the leveling process."

Laugh out loud, what in the name of the old gods in the north is he jibbering about? Please, if you ask a question and get a bad answer such as this, ask him politely to rephrase himself to give him a second chance; its just mean posting it here.

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,001
    Originally posted by dg29031994
    Originally posted by Sovrath

^ agree.

So what did they do?

Exactly! We never really know what is going on. This is since the Lineage 2 days. Maybe even before.

To the point and  just quickly looking over this interview, you can tack on "HOW?" after every one of their responses.

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • kryon256kryon256 Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 10

How about Seunguk Baek actually do what many, many people have requested for him to do since Aion's launch and remove the utterly retarded forced PvP mechanic that is responsible for the game losing a massive chunk of its players over the years (me being one of them) because of non stop ganking and griefing by high level losers who want a quick laugh?

No self respecting PvE player wants to play an MMORPG that allows him or her to be stabbed in the back by some egotistical, high level whilst in the middle of accepting a quest by an NPC, and that's a fact. Time and time again over the years I've seen petitions from many who make up the Aion community begging for one of two things: either a PvE server, or a PvP flag for security. The powers that be could easily implement either of these two things but would unwisely rather lose players (and in effect money) instead of cater to a side of the player base that is just as important to the game's survival as the other (PvE players, and the other being PvP players). Aion is a PvEvP game, therefore...PvE is just as much deserving of the developers' attention as PvP is, and while this fact might be a hard pill for all the modern day PvP elitists/kiddies out there to swallow, then they can shed all the tears they want, because some of us "old Everquest era PvE carebears" still enjoy our environments, and that's just the way it is. Personally, I love Aion and played a high level Templar for a long time, but until they change the way PvP is implemeted...I won't touch Aion with a 20 foot pole, no matter how much glam, polish, or new shiny toys the developers decorate it with.

But, in other news: please go and sign the petition to bring Tabula Rasa back. I shouldn't need to explain why it would be a good thing to have this game back. Thank you.

• IceAgeIceAge Member EpicPosts: 3,120

Well , you had me with Aion until you sold .. yes sold me to GF. And of course, going F2P was a no-thanks for me ! But that's ok, I had a really good time in Aion, back when it was P2P. 

NcSoft, it's that kind of a company, when today you love them, and tomorrow you hate them. 

Seems now it's time to love you again, but for that, bring Lineage Ethernal faster and work your ass even faster on Lineage 3.

Reporter: What's behind Blizzard success, and how do you make your gamers happy?
    Blizzard Boss: Making gamers happy is not my concern, making money.. yes!

• miranda23miranda23 Member Posts: 7
    GF = Girlfriend?
  • ThaneThane Member EpicPosts: 3,534

"let's make a shooter class, and give em a helmet that covers one of their eyes!"

yea, you don't need 2 eyes for real 3d perception if you are asian :P

"I'll never grow up, never grow up, never grow up! Not me!"

• foxackerfoxacker Member UncommonPosts: 4
    Aion is a Korean game, they dont care about NA... and why they would do? is the best money maker game in Korea so plz go play WoW pandas look... well pandas... xD
  • gutshotttgutshottt Member Posts: 4
    Dear NCSoft:  Go pound sand. Til we get COH back you'll get not one red cent from me or any of my comrades  You Idiots have given us good games and then taken them away too soon.  You want my money? Give me a product I want.
  • OzmodanOzmodan Member EpicPosts: 9,726

This game is a no play for me as long as they require the installation of pando to play it, I will not allow that piece of crap on my computer.

I am not a big fan of NCSoft either.