Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Whats New Since January?

PaRoXiTiCPaRoXiTiC Member UncommonPosts: 603
Just wondering what ANET has been up to since January when I left the game. Anyone have good news? Bad News? Is the game still doing well? What is the first thing I should do when I log tonight?

Comments

• ichihaifuichihaifu Member UncommonPosts: 280

Currently the Dragon Bash is going on, it isnt practically something you log in to enjoy because right now it isnt in all out effect yet.

The festical should pick up pace next weekend when it's actual events activate, right now there is just insane amount of farming to be done if you want the achievement rewards. 

Since most of GW2 content is temporary, you've missed arguably the best dungeon GW2 has had to offer, Super Adventure Box, Braham and Rox's stories and refugee's restationing to Southsun Cove. There was probably something else too, but I've already forgotten about it.

What has changed since january?

Many things have changed, you should watch this video as it covers pretty much everything that has changed since the game was released.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wIgeldCpV68 Its an hour long video so take some time to watch it.

• InFlamestwoInFlamestwo Member Posts: 662

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/the-game/releases/

There you can see all monthly updates. If you want more details go onto the forums and read aptch notes.

• fiontarfiontar Member UncommonPosts: 3,682

For PvE, almost everything new has been temporary content.

For PvP, they've added one or two new maps, player sponsored tournaments, "private" PvP servers, Spectator Mode and some E-caster support.

For WvW, they have added WvW ranks, with the ability to unlock WvW perks that mostly effect things like Siege Engines, Damage from/to Guards/mercs, supply capacity, etc... there are also titles seen by your opponent in WvW based on your rank. There has been some fine tuning to the mode overall, the way servers are matched up, etc... with more changes coming soon.

I think that covers it. Incremental improvements to PvP and WvW, temp content for PvE, while the game world languishes and the multitude of new Dynamic Events once promised have not materialized.

Want to know more about GW2 and why there is so much buzz? Start here: Guild Wars 2 Mass Info for the Uninitiated

• VolkonVolkon Member UncommonPosts: 3,748
    Originally posted by fiontar

For PvE, almost everything new has been temporary content.

For PvP, they've added one or two new maps, player sponsored tournaments, "private" PvP servers, Spectator Mode and some E-caster support.

For WvW, they have added WvW ranks, with the ability to unlock WvW perks that mostly effect things like Siege Engines, Damage from/to Guards/mercs, supply capacity, etc... there are also titles seen by your opponent in WvW based on your rank. There has been some fine tuning to the mode overall, the way servers are matched up, etc... with more changes coming soon.

I think that covers it. Incremental improvements to PvP and WvW, temp content for PvE, while the game world languishes and the multitude of new Dynamic Events once promised have not materialized.

Quick note... the new dynamic events are there, they just don't advertise them. I've come across quite a few (with the admitted possibility that I've simply missed them before) that were 'first time seen' for me at least. They never intended to tell us of the events they add, we're simply supposed to come across them.

Oderint, dum metuant.