Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

pure unadulterated gameplay footage from E3

Comments

• gunmanvladgunmanvlad Member UncommonPosts: 281

Oh look more bashing of a game as it comes close to release...never seen that one before...

I hope they add a bit more voice-overs than what they've been showing in gameplay vids. I've probably been spoiler by SWTOR, TSW and NWO, but i'll admit it really helps with immersion on my part.

And an (optional) Lore-based tutorial, would love that.

Who cares if it is a modern WoW? As a kid, I was so amazingly psyched when WoW came along... if they can replicate the joy and fun I had back then with a modernized version of the game, I'll consider my money very well spent.

• BroomyBroomy Member UncommonPosts: 487

For what it is, I think the game will do OK.  This is obviously a themepark game, and hummm...last I looked, a lot of players love themeparks.  In fact, most players wouldn't even know what to do in a "sandbox" so please cut the crap folks.  Saying you want to play a sandbox doesn't make you sound revolutionary, as most players have no idea what the term means.

I think Wildstar will do fine for what it is.  Loving the action combat as well.  And it looks like a game that will adapt to several themepark playstyles.

Current Games: WOW, EVE Online

• TenkouseiTenkousei Member UncommonPosts: 114
    Combat at the low levels looks like a dumbed down, slower version of TERA. I liked TERA's combat and artstyle a lot, not sure about this one though ...
  • BrownAleBrownAle Member Posts: 399
    Originally posted by The1ceQueen
    Ugh, more of the same. The movement looks good, but it looks like the same old boring mob grinding we're use to.

I dunno, yeah im sure levels 1-max will be a quest hub dash...doesn't seem like anyone has cared about progression in quite a long time.

I think the games going to hang on its endgame, that seems very different as far as a themepark is concerned.

Hate the look of the game, but then, that doesn't matter all that much to me.

Also...poor wushu kid...still trash talking all the other games I see...

• RoxtarrRoxtarr Member CommonPosts: 1,122
    Originally posted by Normandy7
    Pretty dull actually. Another failboat in the making. Some devs just never learn.

What's dull about it? What reasons can you elaborate on as to why you feel it will fail? What should the WildStar devs learn in order to make a game that would make you happy?

If in 1982 we played with the current mentality, we would have burned down all the pac man games since the red ghost was clearly OP. Instead we just got better at the game.

• KilmarKilmar Member UncommonPosts: 844
    I'm sorry, but this looked boring as hell. Aren't a game's first 10 minutes usually get filled with pure action to impress new players before the gameplay turns lame? This game just immediately lost me.
  • kotzkotz Member UncommonPosts: 100

Strenght and blood????

hahaha i have heard something similar before?? =)  another game??

And the graphics looks very very similar hmmmmmm

hihihih

• superniceguysuperniceguy Member UncommonPosts: 2,278
    Originally posted by Normandy7
    Pretty dull actually. Another failboat in the making. Some devs just never learn.

Yep, looks like another WOW clone, and I would rather play SWTOR

• mmoguy43mmoguy43 Member UncommonPosts: 2,770

This is the WoW killer

I'm soo funny.

• brihtwulfbrihtwulf Member UncommonPosts: 975

Seems like most people are disappointed by the lack of innovation in this game, despite all the hype from the devs that it would be "different".  It seems that the paths don't play very much of a role in the game, and that the gameplay is still very repetitive "kill 10 x" style.  Too bad.  I was really hoping for something more open and less theme park.  The lack of voice-overs is also a bit of a turn-off for me.  Not that reading is difficult, but having some voice work in the NPC's helps make things feel more in-depth.  I don't really care for the old WoW-style "FOR THE HORDE!" every time you talk to that particular NPC or his pals.

I would still want to get more info and hopefully some video on the crafting and other aspects of the game before making a final decision, but at this point my hopes are more on Elder Scrolls Online, ArcheAge, and EQ Next.  These theme park games are getting stale after over a decade of playing them.

• duggyfr3sh123duggyfr3sh123 Member Posts: 95
    Originally posted by deniter

Having seen what these newer games are like, i'm at the point i could pay a sub for vanilla wow again. Sure, Wildstar is mostly  the same we've seen since eq2 and wow, but i don't care as long as Wildstar has:

- content for several moths before i'm even close to move to elder game

- no wow-like LFD/LFR -tool

- meaningful crafting

- deep and complex character progression

- no linear hub-2-hub questing

- challenging group content

We certainly dont need any more of those fast-forward-leveling-up-then-teleporting-to-instances -games like MoP, Neverwinter, etc.

- has the same shit as any mmo. binge play will guarantee content last 30days or less.

- has LFD/LFR already confiremed

- has no meaningful crafting, what they demonstrated as crafting/exploring was a joke.

- same as WoW character progression

- quest hubs up the ass, linear storyline with 2 faction setup.

- will get nerfed or either pattern recognition will render it inert in weeks

• AsboAsbo Member UncommonPosts: 812
    Originally posted by Four0Six

I have to say a couple things:

1.  I harbor a ton of hate for NC.

2. That aside it looks again like same old same old.

/sadface

Could not agree more, looks like Wow in space and this is all the time I'll be giving this game as I hated Wow after beta testing it so Wild Star dervs must of been Wow players. Not sure why companies have to go down the cartoon side in their games I personally hate cartoon looking game after being abused as a child and being made to watch Mickey Mouse and all that crap it's left me hating this kind of looking content all my life.

So to sum up imo this is a cartoon themepark wow clone in space, end of!!!

Asbo

• LobotomistLobotomist Member EpicPosts: 5,965
    Originally posted by bcbully
    How many times is this game gonna be made?

So sad, but so true ...

I had some remote hope for this game. But now, i lost any interest whatsoever.

Originally posted by Lobotomist
    Originally posted by bcbully
    How many times is this game gonna be made?

So sad, but so true ...

I had some remote hope for this game. But now, i lost any interest whatsoever.

And what hope was that?

• ElRenmazuoElRenmazuo Member RarePosts: 5,361
    looks boring
  • IceAgeIceAge Member EpicPosts: 3,120

I think you guys are missing the fact that the one playing in the videos, he's just....questing, and nothing more. There are a lot of other things to do in WildStar. 

Just saying :)

Reporter: What's behind Blizzard success, and how do you make your gamers happy?
    Blizzard Boss: Making gamers happy is not my concern, making money.. yes!

• steamtanksteamtank Member UncommonPosts: 391

i wanted vanilla WoW back

i wanted CoH rp community back

as long as raiding is difficult and stays 40 mans I will be very content in Wildstar.

as long as the housing system allows for as much customization as the video on their site was showing i will be very content in Wildstar.

i really hope the raids have very hard to get housing pieces ^_^  i love me my trophies.

i get a raiding guild and rp social circles.

im good with WoW 2.0

i dont want 1 game to be everything (its impossible). I will get my raiding kicks in wildstar and my RvRvR kicks in whatever game comes out that actually does it right.

edit: also this is a soldier path.... all the player wants to do is smack stuff in the face right now.  ill be interested to see the other paths. collecting lots of stuff with some weird mobs to kill between ^_^

• StayonboardStayonboard Member Posts: 77

I don't really understand why people are ripping others who don't like the gameplay.

It IS very WoW like... which can be seen as both good and bad. The problem is it feels completely the same as any other themepark game and most of us are tired of that genre. The opening 5 levels are pretty boring too and I think it takes way too long to kill a level 3 mob compared to what it should. There's no real feeling of being a powerful soldier to save the planet, which is one of the problems with Wildstar in my opinion.

Even the different paths apart from Settler and Explorer are pretty lame in my opinion. It didn't really give any extra edge to the game that would otherwise be there... I also hate the linear quest lines, quest hubs, etc. At least other games are going into the more dynamic route (GW2 events, FFXIV FATE system, etc). It's a MUCH better model for leveling (again, all just my opinion). 

Will it be successful? Impossible to know... but Im willing to bet they are going hard after all the ex-WoW players and that's the market. Nothing wrong with that but not likely something I'll personally jump into a play either... 

• tank017tank017 Member Posts: 2,192
    good gravy it looks just like WoW.
  • Got_Game_TVGot_Game_TV Member UncommonPosts: 262
    This looks like a game I've played countless times.  Is this really the game that's on the top of the Hype-o-meter?

Of all the things the guy in the video could have done to show what the game is about, he playes a soldier and quests to kill things. Really? I fault the person playing more than the game.

• StayonboardStayonboard Member Posts: 77
    Originally posted by mmoguy43

Of all the things the guy in the video could have done to show what the game is about, he playes a soldier and quests to kill things. Really? I fault the person playing more than the game.

Not really... he started off level 1 and unfortunately that's just how it is when you start the game

Even if he picked an explorer path, he'd STILL be killing mobs the exact same way, but his "personal quest path" or whatever you want to call it will differ on how that character progressed on THOSE quest lines. It's still absolutely identical when it comes to the normal quest hub routine that every other games have. Playing as an explorer doesn't mean you won't be killing a million mobs on the way to level cap, you'll just have a special set of quests that are added to that path...

Originally posted by Stayonboard
    Originally posted by mmoguy43

Not really... he started off level 1 and unfortunately that's just how it is when you start the game

Even if he picked an explorer path, he'd STILL be killing mobs the exact same way, but his "personal quest path" or whatever you want to call it will differ on how that character progressed on THOSE quest lines. It's still absolutely identical when it comes to the normal quest hub routine that every other games have. Playing as an explorer doesn't mean you won't be killing a million mobs on the way to level cap, you'll just have a special set of quests that are added to that path...

• st3v3b0st3v3b0 Member UncommonPosts: 155
    So disappointing.  Was actually starting to look forward to this game and it looks and plays like any other boring MMO.  Guess I will continue waiting...
  • hockeyplayrhockeyplayr Member UncommonPosts: 604
    I'm not too worried. He grabbed the soldier path which to me seemed like it was already going to be more of the same since it has a focus on killing, aka kill quests.  I am interested to see what the settler path actually entails because that is one of the more unique ways of leveling that they were supposed to introduce