Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

MMORPG.com will be down for maintenance beginning at midnight EST on Wednesday, August 31. Downtime is expected to last only a couple of hours.

Are you a mono-gamist?

2»

Comments

• LithuanianLithuanian vilniusPosts: 256Member Uncommon
    Mostly monogamist. If I stick to one game – I play it no matter what. Example: player mmorpg "I", then tried ("I will just try while I is updating") mmorpg "L". Result: now immered in L and too little thoughts about changing or playing 2 games at once.
  • free2playfree2play Toronto, ONPosts: 1,906Member Uncommon

In EVE I am a monogamer but I run 4 accounts.

In FF14 I only had one account, same with LotRO and I could have both of those installed and would switch out depending on the mood.

Mono multi box gamer?

• IssieaIssiea SydneyPosts: 75Member

I'm definitely a mono-gamist.  Only ever play one game at a time.  

Even if I try out a new game I will play it for a few hours to a few days (depending on how much I may or may not like it) if it's a keeper then I will continue to play it.  If not then I will uninstall it and either find a new game or take a break from playing anything.

• DihoruDihoru ConstantaPosts: 2,731Member

Pretty much that guy, EVE's my gaming love but she's about as fickle as she can get so from time to time I have to go plough some virgin fields while she gets over another bout of expansion bugmidya.

• crasset15crasset15 Posts: 190Member Uncommon

Morrowind/oblivion/skyrim when I'm burned out with MMOs

DayZ

Neverwinter and a bunch of other trash-MMOs when I get burned out of TSW (that happens a lot lately)

Guild wars 2 when I'm sick of everything else, and simply need to play something for the sake of playing something.

GTA 4 MP for random carnage and racing.

Metro and Stalker for single player survival goodness.

Occasional random SP games from steam sales when I feel like it.

I expect to devote to a single MMO when the new sandboxes start releasing.

• VolkonVolkon Sterling, VAPosts: 3,788Member Uncommon

I have one main game, GW2. I may, once a week or so, play a little Defiance, but that's it. Pretty much monogamist.

Nice play on the word, btw! Well done indeed.

Oderint, dum metuant.

• KenFisherKenFisher Northwest, INPosts: 5,035Member Uncommon

I'm clearly a mono-gamist kind of guy.  Sure I could go play others, but why bother?  More hassle than it's worth.

Ken Fisher - Semi retired old fart Network Administrator, now working in Network Security.  I don't Forum PVP.  If you feel I've attacked you, it was probably by accident.  When I don't understand, I ask.  Such is not intended as criticism.
  • buddhaneo99buddhaneo99 MelbournePosts: 30Member

Maybe some of you are not e-quip-ped to be mono-gamist. That is to say you don't have the e-quip-ment.

I bet I could make a game that you would be faithful to.

Maybe you haven't met "the right game".

• maplestonemaplestone Ottawa, ONPosts: 3,099Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by buddhaneo99 I bet I could make a game that you would be faithful to.

You're not really my type.

• TheMaahesTheMaahes Marlborough, MAPosts: 185Member
    Originally posted by buddhaneo99
    I always like funny quips, and I just couldn't help myself, when I thought of this one! So... are you a mono-gamist, into mono-game-y, that is to say, into just one game? Or are you a poly-gamist, into many games? When you think about it "mono-game-y", and "mmorpg", sound very similar so it makes sense that mmorpg players should be mono-gamist? What are you?  

A sneaky git I see.

I personally like sticking with one game. I stuck with WAR for a long time, but afterwards have been drifting through many games lately. Damn, describing it like that is making me feel sleezy.

2»