Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Afterworld - Survival

PrayrPrayr Member UncommonPosts: 267

http://www.afterworld.ru/

Has anyone played this or know much about it?

I ran across it today and I am downloading now. Was hoping someone might know if its worth a look?

Comments

• OricyOricy Member UncommonPosts: 12
    Never heard of it, which is a great thing, let me know how it is I may have to download it as well.

• apb2011apb2011 Member UncommonPosts: 168
    I first played it in 2008. Its been in alpha for a very long time, i think its close to being finished. It uses a real money transaction setup like entropia universe. Right now you cannot widthdraw or deposit money because it is not in final stages yet. Its not a bad game. Uses the torque game engine. Its more sandbox than themepark. Full pvp and loot after u leave starting area. If and when it gets into release I will take it more seriously.
  • PrayrPrayr Member UncommonPosts: 267
    Originally posted by apb2011
    I first played it in 2008. Its been in alpha for a very long time, i think its close to being finished. It uses a real money transaction setup like entropia universe. Right now you cannot widthdraw or deposit money because it is not in final stages yet. Its not a bad game. Uses the torque game engine. Its more sandbox than themepark. Full pvp and loot after u leave starting area. If and when it gets into release I will take it more seriously.

Sandbox and Torque.... can't be that bad then.... wonder why its not very well known.... Russian dev team perhaps?

Well if its anything like entropia universe you need to invest money to get anything out of the game.

Well I have nothing against people that play these games put lots of money in just to play IN game but for the most part i see these games as a way to get money out of the game.

• PrayrPrayr Member UncommonPosts: 267

Just played through the tutorial, the game looks great, the tutorial is a HUGE waste of time, don't do it!

1 to shot

2 heals

3 is an ax

4 is a pick

Ran for about an hour to 4 different places to get told how to craft. If you can read, don't do the tutorial.

The game is empty as expected in the n00b city. Crafting is deep. Gathering is thought out and decent speed, and combat is good. Going to give this game a bit more of my time.

Thanks to others for their input.

• ElRenmazuoElRenmazuo Member RarePosts: 5,361
    might as well play fallen earth
  • free2playfree2play Member UncommonPosts: 2,043

I might give it a try for the simple reason, it's Russian. They don't get much cred for having a good code writing group of people and they do.

Only thing I'd be curious to find out is, how much of the maps are interactable? There is nothing any more annoying than running through 3 hrs of map and everything but zombie mobs that only know how to attack, is a painting you can only look at.

- Add on: Just caught the RMT aspect. That doesn't really intimidate me on its own but having been stranded in Entropia in looped death with no way out, I can see that going horribly wrong.

• GroovyFlowerGroovyFlower Member Posts: 1,245

Are there any gameplay video's i could not find one on youtube?

Found some ignore other sentence:)

• BetaguyBetaguy Member UncommonPosts: 2,629
    I'm downloading right now to give a try but am' skeptical at 1.6GB...pffft
    "The King and the Pawn return to the same box at the end of the game"

• BetaguyBetaguy Member UncommonPosts: 2,629
    Originally posted by tkreep
    might as well play fallen earth

Or Xyson

"The King and the Pawn return to the same box at the end of the game"

• TheocritusTheocritus Member LegendaryPosts: 9,751
    This game looked like it might be pretty fun but it has major issues.....THought I read also that it might be going under or they were stopping work on it......As a free player I could only gain 2 skills so I didnt last very long....ITs too bad because the world is really nice and has lots to explore.....This game had real potential but the devs struck me as not being in touch with the players....Its like they knew they needed to make money somehow but didnt know how.