Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Amazing Siege Video!

-Zeno--Zeno- Member CommonPosts: 1,298

http://youtu.be/SPgKrkvoVkA

So many players.  What was seen on the video is a fraction of the players there.  Darkfall is far from being dead.  The only thing could kill DF now is being to popular...

The definition of insanity: doing the same thing over and over expecting different results.

Comments

• thanoskkkthanoskkk Member UncommonPosts: 230
    Looks really great, tempting me to try this game

He that lives upon Hope dies farting.

• kDeviLkDeviL Member UncommonPosts: 215
    Can't wait to get to this point

If WoW was released today even in its' entirety it would be f2p in 3 months.
    Why is it still such a big deal?

• NevulusNevulus Member UncommonPosts: 1,288

I'm having a blast, I was at that siege, this was before the patch to fix some of the crashing, so there were some peopel experiencing crashes. AV was monitoring in real time and collecting feedback from the players who did crash and the next day the patch went into effect.

• WellspringWellspring Member EpicPosts: 1,464
    Umm, at what point in the video is the siege supposed to start?
    --------------------------------------------
  • BrownAleBrownAle Member Posts: 399
    Originally posted by Wellspring
    Umm, at what point in the video is the siege supposed to start?

The whole video is of the siege.

Also, seems only mages and primalists make videos...want to see some warrior videos right smack in the middle of the chaos.

• dc1509dc1509 Member UncommonPosts: 11

What a mess ....

And how do you differentiate between friends and foes ? I can see that there are signs on the minimap, but except that ?

• bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838
    Good work OP. The music is just terrible though. It makes the vid hard to watch.
    "We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • MegaD61MegaD61 Member Posts: 59
    Originally posted by dc1509

What a mess ....

And how do you differentiate between friends and foes ? I can see that there are signs on the minimap, but except that ?

The big indicators above their heads? lol good vid.  Zerg wins for now!

What a mess ....

Large battles in DF are chaotic.  You have a huge advantage if your side is organized, has calm and orderly voice coms, and has good leaders making calls.  You do get icons above friendlies when close to them..however with friendly fire you need to be careful and organized.

It makes for some really interesting fights...especially when uninvited guests show up and you have to make the call if they are friendly to you...there to pick a fight with anyone who attacks...mad at you for something and trying to shit on your siege...or trying to screw over your enemy.

Poor organization can turn a group who is there uninvited to make life hard for your enemies into enemies...and yah sometimes people will show up to fight everyone.  Icons only help you identify whos in your alliance and party and whos on the side you declared war on...anyone else tends to be a mystery for a brief period.

Its interesting for sure...like it much more than thempark standoffs where you have one group stacked on eachother and another group outside of range stacked on eachother and only the idiots who get into range die as the entire enemy side attacks them at once.  Its why zergs are boring in themeparks and why zergs can be dealt with in DF.  Also if you are getting out zerged in DF you are losing in politics.

• Cristina1Cristina1 Member UncommonPosts: 372
    Originally posted by MegaD61

What a mess ....

The big indicators above their heads? lol good vid.  Zerg wins for now!

..as opposed to a one man army? imageimage

• DarthRaidenDarthRaiden Member UncommonPosts: 4,333

Has now the enemy has been cut out of ressources ? lost control over a territory ? you build a bridgehead in his area of influence ?  cut off  enemys supply paths ? There is not much to shape or to achieve in DF sieging "player citys" system...thats worth of mentioning as a MMORPG...

Right...you posted a video about it and bragged about without any consequences ar deeper meaning in the shallow litterbox of AV's shallow game...and thats about it..combat for bragging rights..what is shallow and childish...and also

Amazing combat anyone can have in multiplier games as well...

-----MY-TERMS-OF-USE--------------------------------------------------
    $OE - eternal enemy of online gaming
    -We finally WON !!!! 2011 $OE accepted that they have been fired 2005 by the playerbase and closed down ridiculous NGE !!

"There was suppression of speech and all kinds of things between disturbing and fascistic." Raph Koster (parted $OE)

• ThillianThillian Member UncommonPosts: 3,156
    Why on earth are people using CUSTOM music when they make game videos, it is mind boggling.

REALITY CHECK

Originally posted by DarthRaiden

Has now the enemy has been cut out of ressources ? lost control over a territory ? you build a bridgehead in his area of influence ?  cut off  enemys supply paths ? There is not much to shape or to achieve in DF sieging "player citys" system...thats worth of mentioning as a MMORPG...

Right...you posted a video about it and bragged about without any consequences ar deeper meaning in the shallow litterbox of AV's shallow game...and thats about it..combat for bragging rights..what is shallow and childish...and also

Never seen someone get so mad over someone else posting a video of a siege.

There is territory control, but in the adjacent villages.  Your right theres no cutting resource supplies off and starving the city...no game does that and real siege warfare involving that would take ages and be boring.

It might not be what you want out of a siege mechanics..but its a hell of a lot more entertaining than themepark endgames...

Originally posted by BrownAle

There is territory control, but in the adjacent villages.  Your right theres no cutting resource supplies off and starving the city...no game does that and real siege warfare involving that would take ages and be boring.

It might not be what you want out of a siege mechanics..but its a hell of a lot more entertaining than themepark endgames...

Asking valid question is now "getting mad" ?

Maybe you brainwashed already by AV to the level of calling such valid questions and concerns as "mad" ? 

I just thought the "Amazing" in the subject should be balanced with some background about those sieges and what would have been important for a sandbox MMORPG but which AV ignored to implement even with the tons of suggestions of the playerbase.

-We finally WON !!!! 2011 $OE accepted that they have been fired 2005 by the playerbase and closed down ridiculous NGE !!

"There was suppression of speech and all kinds of things between disturbing and fascistic." Raph Koster (parted $OE)

• snapfusionsnapfusion Member Posts: 954
    Cant handle the gigantic white and red circles blocking my view, unplayable.
    Originally posted by BrownAle

Asking valid question is now "getting mad" ?

Maybe you brainwashed already by AV to the level of calling such valid questions and concerns as "mad" ? 

I just thought the "Amazing" in the subject should be balanced with some background about those sieges and what would have been important for a sandbox MMORPG but which AV ignored to implement even with the tons of suggestions of the playerbase.

the things you suggest are not in any game...at all....and you make it sound like a must have....doesn't even sound fun what you suggested as being missing...

you do seem extremely angry, all because someone posted a video and another guy said it looked interesting.

so the guy who spent al that time making the video thought it was amazing...I still dont see why all the hate and anger about it.

anyway ill stop now you can get the last word or whatever, let the thread go back to being about the guys video and not about your personal problems with the game or the guys video.

• wyrdaskolirwyrdaskolir Member UncommonPosts: 563
    This is hilarious. I come back to check forums 1-2 months later and DarthRaiden is still here as a dedicated troll.
    Originally posted by wyrdaskolir
    This is hilarious. I come back to check forums 1-2 months later and DarthRaiden is still here as a dedicated troll.

There is really some guys, that fit AV perfectly.  Anachronistic, backwards, uninspired, blunt, shallow .

Mr. wyrdaskolir  you fit these lacking , shallow and blunt game perfectly and you indeed deserve being ignored and receive all the bad customer service you receive by AV. But  since i was fooled by AV for 5 years myself i shouldn't probably be that harsh on you..i was the same as you not long ago..i juat wake up and got aware that i have been fooled and i gave somewhere my money who with wrong promises and lies took it and misuse it..its standart in our not ethical world seems ..but i also won't be silent about it ..

Why Sieges lack much of MMORPG features and instead are just about bragging rights like you every muliplayer game again? Why AV ignored all of the suggestions in forums for Siege warfare and area control ?

But...given the numbers AV might plan for DF3 on mobiles just to please you wyrdaskolir lol..with DF:UW they proofed  they like to replace their playerbase once in while haha

• taus01taus01 Member Posts: 1,352
    Originally posted by -Zeno-

So many players.  What was seen on the video is a fraction of the players there.  Darkfall is far from being dead.  The only thing could kill DF now is being to popular...

Or the bad graphics, horrible animations and effects, lag, crashing...who cares. This video has convinced me once more not to ever buy this game.

Thanks OP

"Give players systems and tools instead of rails and rules"

Originally posted by taus01

Or the bad graphics, horrible animations and effects, lag, crashing...who cares. This video has convinced me once more not to ever buy this game.

Thanks OP

The irony is graphics, animationms and effects is the most they worked on for DF:UW ignoring all the gameplay additions ;P

About crashes and lags...AV promised already 2003 --thats since a decade ---that the server runs smooth and stable for 10k concurrent users (thats even more then al there active playerbase) ...you wanna tell me they liars ?

• taus01taus01 Member Posts: 1,352

Thanks OP

The irony is graphics, animationms and effects is the most they worked on for DF:UW ignoring all the gameplay additions ;P

Did they time travel back to 1990 for inspiration?

About crashes and lags...AV promised already 2003 --thats since a decade ---that the server runs smooth and stable for 10k concurrent users (thats even more then al there active playerbase) ...you wanna tell me they liars ?

Looks like there are crashes and bugged/crashed players everywhere so it seems that this issue still exists, unless someone convinces me that video is not Darkfall.

"Give players systems and tools instead of rails and rules"

Thanks OP

Did they time travel back to 1990 for inspiration?

Looks like there are crashes and bugged/crashed players everywhere so it seems that this issue still exists, unless someone convinces me that video is not Darkfall.

don't worry.... its simple ..AV are liars