Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fuzzy Avatars Solved! Please re-upload your avatar if it was fuzzy!

RIFT FREE to play FREE to wait

PierrenardPierrenard Shawinigan, QCPosts: 6Member Common

wow they made it free to play but you have to wait min 30 mins before you can get in.

Even peoples who pay have to wait LOL

Bravo what a good start

Comments

• KhinRuniteKhinRunite ManilaPosts: 879Member

Too many people trying to get in.

Trion needs to upgrade their servers.

• VicodinTacoVicodinTaco Erie, PAPosts: 735Member Uncommon
    Brutal
  • Shadowguy64Shadowguy64 Rohnert Park, CAPosts: 848Member
    First game to ever have a queue. OMG, the end is NIGH!!
  • MyrdynnMyrdynn Beaumont, CAPosts: 1,516Member Uncommon

my queue is actually 5 hrs for deepwood or Seastone, where I have chars

• ToxiaToxia Lake Charles, LAPosts: 1,319Member Uncommon
    You guys dont see 3 other threads with this same junk in them? Why need so many threads

The Deep Web is sca-ry.

• ShadanwolfShadanwolf Posts: 2,114Member Uncommon
    Current  shortest wait 1 1/2 hours
  • SaintGrayeSaintGraye Los Angeles, CAPosts: 109Member

Indeed, who could have anticipated that going Free-to-Play would bring in hordes of curious players to crowd the server, potentially causing lag for everyone if simultaneously allowed to play? Or that a large portion, perhaps even the majority, of said players would fail to stick around sufficiently long to warrant acquiring increased server capacity? Or that, lacking the steady income generated by a subscription-based community, Trion could even afford to accommodate the price of further servers? Who?

...well, me, for one. The development staff at Trion, as well, apparently.

It would be reckless to acquire further servers that may well be empty should the F2P transition prove less than successful, not only due to the cost but the inevitable community backlash that accompanies any merging of "shards/servers/realms/whatnot." This is not some nefarious scheme to sell their "Patron" status (read: alternative-subscription), given that, as a F2P title, their business model revolves around having people play the game long enough to enjoy it and purchase items from the in-game shop.

Queue times are quite likely temporary, as they've been in every other game I ever played that featured them. Once the initial swell of F2P intrigue diminishes and the server population recedes to a stable degree, I'm certain we'll see an end to them. Indeed, I'd be surprised if the average player encounters anything more than a five minute delay a month from now.

• comicguycomicguy los angeles, CAPosts: 123Member

First time I logged in in more than a year. Don't even know where my characters are.

Q for Seastone and I have  only 17 more hours to go!!! 

• xAPOCxxAPOCx Vineland, NJPosts: 869Member
    Originally posted by Shadowguy64

ROFL Did you just watch This is the End? Jonna Hill says that very line in the movie LOL

BTW i just saw  http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1245492/ FUCKING AWESOME MOVIE!!!

• MadnessRealmMadnessRealm Montreal, QCPosts: 2,716Member Uncommon

So glad to be a Patron, highest wait time I've had was 6 minutes on Deepwood. *Rubs it in*.

In all seriousness, Trion poorly measured the influx of players that would come from the F2P change and likely assumed that their 8 NA and EU servers would be able to handle it. Give it 2 weeks and things should be shorted out and most tourists will have left.

Oh, before I forget. A GM mentioned that some people in the queue might "freeze" meaning that their timer won't go down (ljust the visuals I believe). The GM said that players can close the game in such case and reopen it without losing their position in the queue (although this only lasts for a few minutes).

------
    Your daily dose of common sense since 2009!

• Punk999Punk999 Baytown, TXPosts: 873Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by xAPOCx
    Originally posted by Shadowguy64

ROFL Did you just watch This is the End? Jonna Hill says that very line in the movie LOL

BTW i just saw  http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1245492/ FUCKING AWESOME MOVIE!!!

Jealous i still havent seen that yet.

"Negaholics are people who become addicted to negativity and self-doubt, they find fault in most things and never seem to be satisfied."
    ^MMORPG.com

This discussion has been closed.