Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

EverQuest Next: Official Site & Social Media Hubs Launched

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

Sony Online Entertainment is gearing up to SOE Live and the first major information release about EverQuest Next. In preparation for the August event, the official EQN site and social media destinations have been launched.

Check out the EverQuest Next site.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• EtherignisEtherignis Member UncommonPosts: 249
    Great cant wait until EQN beta sign-ups start.
  • Agnostic42Agnostic42 Member UncommonPosts: 405

The sheet covering the dragon in the background was pretty funny.

My reaction: Oh crap, EQNext website! (Quickly click link) Laugh since it says nothing, quite literally.

• MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196
    Makes me want to dive back in EQ2 again.

• Iceman8235Iceman8235 Member UncommonPosts: 205
    EQ was my first mmo experience and after seeing what Planetside 2 did with the forgelight engine I'm excited to see what EQ Next has in store for us.
  • comicguycomicguy Member Posts: 123

My EQ story:

I was in college but I got addicted to EQ. I didn't want to disappoint my guildmate so I would stay up 22 hours a day camping a grind spot and if any group came and try to move in, I would yell at them.  After dropping out of school, my parents kicked me out of the house so I became homeless and had to sell drugs to pay for my EQ addiction.

Why didn't they include my EQ story on the new site????

• observerobserver Member RarePosts: 3,685
    Ok, that was odd.  Some lady talking about she dressed up as "Firiona" at a wedding.
  • health001health001 Member UncommonPosts: 58
    LOL i already know how this plays out,when they do give us any info its gonna be 2 screen shots and the rest of the time they just talk about how great the game is gonna be and release more info in 2014 LMAO
  • finnmacool1finnmacool1 Member Posts: 453
    Originally posted by observer
    Ok, that was odd.  Some lady talking about she dressed up as "Firiona" at a wedding.

I was thinking the same thing, what exactly did any of that have to do with eqn or the launching of an official site/media hub?

• health001health001 Member UncommonPosts: 58
    worse part of all this ? eq 3 is gonna be F2P :/ that in its self ruined the game...
  • NanfoodleNanfoodle Member LegendaryPosts: 10,617
    Originally posted by health001
    worse part of all this ? eq 3 is gonna be F2P :/ that in its self ruined the game...

It wont be that kind of f2p. Its going to scale on what you get in the game. In the end if you really want to be equal and join the community, you will need to sub.

• SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

Um...that's Holly Longdale, the Senior Producer on EQ2. ;)

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

• ariestearieste Member UncommonPosts: 3,309
    Yeah, her video does nothing to dispell the impression she left at the last SOE live - that she's basically completely clueless about the game and is just a corporate overseer ensuring that money gets made - with no concern for the world, community or game.

"I’d rather work on something with great potential than on fulfilling a promise of mediocrity."

- Raph Koster

Tried: AO,EQ,EQ2,DAoC,SWG,AA,SB,HZ,CoX,PS,GA,TR,IV,GnH,EVE, PP,DnL,WAR,MxO,SWG,FE,VG,AoC,DDO,LoTRO,Rift,TOR,Aion,Tera,TSW,GW2,DCUO,CO,STO
    Favourites: AO,SWG,EVE,TR,LoTRO,TSW,EQ2, Firefall
    Currently Playing: ESO

• LyrinaLyrina Member UncommonPosts: 51

Lol... You Girls and Guys watched this one (also linked on the EQN Website)?

The Girl looks at the Guy with a "WTF is he talkin' about"-Face....

And he looks like a Idiot, cause he tells his Stuff to someone, who give a F about his Blabla, lol... Sooooo bad SOE...

I laughed so hard, thank you SOE :-P

• Gallus85Gallus85 Member Posts: 1,092
    Originally posted by health001
    LOL i already know how this plays out,when they do give us any info its gonna be 2 screen shots and the rest of the time they just talk about how great the game is gonna be and release more info in 2014 LMAO

A lot of the info is releasing at SOE Live in about 48 days.  Which has been the plan for a long time now.

Try and keep up, sun shine.

Legends of Kesmai, UO, EQ, AO, DAoC, AC, SB, RO, SWG, EVE, EQ2, CoH, GW, VG:SOH, WAR, Aion, DF, CO, MO, DN, Tera, SWTOR, RO2, DP, GW2, PS2, BnS, NW, FF:XIV, ESO, EQ:NL

Originally posted by finnmacool1

I was thinking the same thing, what exactly did any of that have to do with eqn or the launching of an official site/media hub?

It has to do with the Everquest experiences people had in previous games.  Many of us have fond memories of EQ and EQ2 and it's those memories that make us so excited for EQN.  I'm not sure that you guys heard this yet or not, but they're going to be doing a big reveal at SOE Live, in about 48 days.  Until then you're not getting anything, except an occasional development picture or tweet from Smed.

Every time there's news on EQN, or a tiny tease, you guys blow up complaining that it isn't telling you anything, when they already gave a date for when they are going to tell us everything.  There's a reason why they're keeping the game under wraps so close to release.  Great ideas in the game industry spread like wild fire.  Look at what happened with DayZ.  As soon as the mod got popular WarZ made a frantic dash to try and beat DayZ out of the gate (didn't work too well for them) but you see the reason behind SOE's method here.

I think SOE is doing a great thing by holding back details.  That way the competition doesn't try to rob them before they can release.

Legends of Kesmai, UO, EQ, AO, DAoC, AC, SB, RO, SWG, EVE, EQ2, CoH, GW, VG:SOH, WAR, Aion, DF, CO, MO, DN, Tera, SWTOR, RO2, DP, GW2, PS2, BnS, NW, FF:XIV, ESO, EQ:NL

• floreairfootfloreairfoot Member Posts: 59
    I wonder if it's going to be on the PS4?
  • evilizedevilized Member UncommonPosts: 576

want to see everyone's head explode?

at SOE Live they announce EQ:N is ready to ship and will be released the week after. 

(truthfully i'm guessing they will announce a beta start date and beta will run for 4 or so months and then we will see a release in february / march of 2014)

• CoolitCoolit Member UncommonPosts: 661
    Cant wait for news about EQNext!
  • ElikalElikal Member UncommonPosts: 7,912

Everquest Next is a STUPID title. And what the heck was that video about? o.0

"Oh, I am a fat, hairy dude, but myyyy greatest memory was when I dressed as Sailor Moon..."

WHO WANTS TO KNOW THIS. Sheesh.

People don't ask questions to get answers - they ask questions to show how smart they are. - Dogbert

• quseioquseio Member UncommonPosts: 234
    its a working title duuuuh  i doubt its gunnna be its name,,,
  • superconductingsuperconducting Member UncommonPosts: 871

What's up with all you guys hating on that cute girl?

You guys can have your EQNext... I'll take princess Firiona

• killahhkillahh Member UncommonPosts: 445
    Dear kiddies,
    The point of the videos is to try to put across what it was like to play Eq when it was THE game,.
    When death mattered , reputation meant everything, risk was really there.

Most of you don't understand, having grown up on Crap mmorpg's , mass produced thing's all trying to be the most easy to win out there..... And failing.

over 20 years of mmorpg's and counting...

• Postal13Postal13 Member Posts: 94
    Pics or it didn't happen.

Cunfushus says "Only through wasting time do we realize that time should not be wasted."

• KhayotixKhayotix Member UncommonPosts: 231
    Originally posted by SBFord

Um...that's Holly Longdale, the Senior Producer on EQ2. ;)

that is not Holly Longdale FYI.

This is Holly Longdale. Close but no cigar.

Originally posted by evilized

want to see everyone's head explode?

at SOE Live they announce EQ:N is ready to ship and will be released the week after. 

(truthfully i'm guessing they will announce a beta start date and beta will run for 4 or so months and then we will see a release in february / march of 2014)

From what I've gathered, they've already finished production and did in house alpha and beta.  I think SOE live is going to be announcing a very soon or starting right there an EQN open beta culminating in a winter 2013 release.  Most games don't do this, and by the time you "first get info" the game is early in the production cycle.  However, they've wanted to keep EQN's ideas secret, so they're basically waiting until the last possible moment to give details about the game, which would be the open beta test phase.

This might be wishful thinking, but I think it sounds reasonable bsaed on how they've been handling the whole thing and when they're deciding to announce the details.