Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Best sandbox out now?

Maldinni3Maldinni3 Member Posts: 36

I'm looking for a new game to play, and i've been looking at sandbox games lately.

So my question to you is, what sandbox game out now is the best in your opinion?

Comments

• LyrianLyrian Member UncommonPosts: 412

Depends what you want out of your game. If you want a pure sandbox full of whatever you want to do ever. Then I suggest finding a nice group of friends on a MineCraft server and building stuff up.

If you're looking for something more structured, I would suggest EVE and get into one of the training or PVP corps to get you into the game, then from there you can figure out what you want to do.

There really isn't much else out there.

• azmundaiazmundai Member UncommonPosts: 1,419

this is like asking who the best player on the Heat was Tuesday

LFD tools are great for cramming people into content, but quality > quantity.
    I am, usually on the sandbox .. more "hardcore" side of things, but I also do just want to have fun. So lighten up already :)

• SomeHumanSomeHuman Member UncommonPosts: 560
    I agree with Lyrian.  I bought Minecraft on a whim to see why it was everywhere.  I got totally sucked in, found a great server, and played my tail off for the first half of this year.  There isn't a better sandbox out there, and it's not just a kid's game.

Gaming since 1985; Online gaming since 1995; No End in Sight! My YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC8POVoJ8fdOseuJ4U1ZX-oA

• alloinalloin Member UncommonPosts: 135
    We are all satoshi!
  • jfoytekjfoytek Member CommonPosts: 150
    Wurm Online is the best Sandbox game out at the moment....

UO,Shadowbane,SWG,Darkfall,MO,Wurm Online,Secretworld,GW,GW2,PotBS,LotR,Atlantica Online,WWII Online,WoT,Battlestar Galactica,Planetside2,Perpetuum,Fallen Earth,Runescape,WoW,Eve,Xsylon,Dragon Prophet, Salem

• Vorpal.RendVorpal.Rend Member UncommonPosts: 80

Ok, best is just a viewpoint.

Now there is plenty out there. The ones id recommend are Darkfall, Wurm and Salem.

each are extremely diffrent from the other

• benseinebenseine Member UncommonPosts: 293
    Short list atm: Darkfall: Unholy Wars, Salem, Worms Online, Mortal Online, EVE.

If we are lucky we can play The Repopulation within a year.

In a few years you have Gloria Victis, World of Darkness, Pathfinder Online, Embers of Caerus and probably some others.
  • MaquiameMaquiame Member UncommonPosts: 1,073
    The Saga of Ryzom

Any mmo worth its salt should be like a good prostitute when it comes to its game world- One hell of a faker, and a damn good shaker!

• SavageHorizonSavageHorizon Member EpicPosts: 3,466

Wurm Online.

• imnescarimnescar Member Posts: 1
    I would definitely recommend Wurm Online. The most complex sandbox game I ever played.
  • PhaserlightPhaserlight Member EpicPosts: 3,072
    You don't have to look far.

"The simple is the seal of the true and beauty is the splendor of truth" -Subrahmanyan Chandrasekhar
    Authored 139 missions in Vendetta Online and 6 tracks in Distance

• btraillbtraill Member UncommonPosts: 97
    I'm a little surprised no one has mentioned the Old School Runescape Server or even the Evolution of Combat servers. 
  • majimaji Member UncommonPosts: 2,091
    Fallen Earth is a mix of themepark and sandbox. You have no fixed classes, an open world, and nearly all items are crafted by players.

Let's play Fallen Earth (blind, 300 episodes)

Let's play Guild Wars 2 (blind, 45 episodes)

• blutigfaustblutigfaust Member UncommonPosts: 129

Fallen Earth is a get better gear to get another level, to get better gear to get another level, treadmill.

Xsyon is a sandbox game where you can terraform the land, build with parts such as roofs , walls, floors etc. Animals give stuff like guts, bones and skin. There are scrap piles you get resources such as metal from. It is open world pvp except on your home spot or tribe land. Animals can mutate into stronger deadlier animals, and there are revenants , or zombie like things from abandoned areas. The revenants can kill and loot you as well. They will take your weapon and use it, as well as wear the armor they just took from you.

You can check it out for free, but restricts skills to level 30. To open up skill level, you have to purchase it, and then after first free month from purchase, you sub for 9.99 a month.

Current games playing: MechWarrior Online
    Games being watched:  Project Genom
    Favorite played games: SWG, RomaVictor, and Xsyon

• boris20boris20 Member RarePosts: 404
    Originally posted by benseine
    Short list atm: Darkfall: Unholy Wars, Salem, Worms Online, Mortal Online, EVE. If we are lucky we can play The Repopulation within a year. In a few years you have Gloria Victis, World of Darkness, Pathfinder Online, Embers of Caerus and probably some others.

There is not much sand in the box over at Darkfall anymore. More of a safe zone gathering, then go out into a pvp arena.

• KrematoryKrematory Member UncommonPosts: 608
    EVE Online all the way, High quality sandbox, with a lot of content, amazing emergent gameplay and one of the most dedicated comunities you will ever find.

"EVE is likely the best MMORPG that you've never really understood or played" - Kyleran

• maskedweaselmaskedweasel Member LegendaryPosts: 12,180

The Best

• Havok77Havok77 Member UncommonPosts: 9
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&v=iD3uQZiGsL8   It brings back a lot of memories, and it's large.  WIN