Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

YES YES YES

There are moments when even an old gamer like myself can still get giddy as a schoolgirl.

This is one of those moments.  Now I'm off to freeze myself for 2.5 years so I don't have to wait.

Also if anyone's interested,  you can find a press release with a bit more info on Behaviour's site: http://www.bhvr.com/en/news/2013/06/11/

Main features of the game include:

Experience the gameworld with 3rd-person, behind the shoulder action featuring precision gunplay and brutal melee combat with excruciating finishers;

Participate in a persistent online war to conquer the planet, its fate completely in the hands of the players;

Become a warrior from one of four initial factions, each unique and opposed to one another: Space Marines, Chaos Space Marines, Orks and Eldar. 

Participate in truly massive conflicts that simultaneously bring thousands of players to bear over territories and other strategic resources.

Get behind the controls of Space Marine Rhinos, Predators, Ork Battlewagons and other iconic vehicles of the 41st millennium;

Hack through genuinely challenging procedural content alongside your battle-brothers and never have the same experience twice;

Earn the right to customize your builds in a deep progression system drawing on the rich Warhammer 40,000 universe.

Found a Battle Squad with friends and prepare for conflict from your customized shared space in orbit – then drop down to the planet together and seek out glory! 

At this low point in MMO gaming, I refuse to play even the shiniest turd.

Comments

• OpapanaxOpapanax Member Posts: 973
    BELIEVE IN THE SHIELD!!!

PM before you report at least or you could just block.

• brianw1brianw1 Member UncommonPosts: 59
    Give this a good hype.
  • MajiinXMajiinX Member CommonPosts: 89
    This is the best MMO news I've heard in a VERY long time.
  • BrownAleBrownAle Member Posts: 399

warhammer IP is like D&D ip in mmorpgs...its cursed.  I cringe thinking how badly this game will get butchered.

What is this going to be another themepark attempt?  Certainly the developers have taken notice that the themeparks have all been having some serious trouble for like the last 5 years.

IP deserves something great.  Im having visions of quest hubbing to endgame with RVR areas and a twist.  Please don't do the themepark route on this and have everything super structured and predictable.

Actually I take that back...its kinda looking like it might be a Planetside 2 type game possibly with pve in the mix....hmm...

• jdnycjdnyc Member UncommonPosts: 1,643
    Originally posted by BrownAle

warhammer IP is like D&D ip in mmorpgs...its cursed.  I cringe thinking how badly this game will get butchered.

What is this going to be another themepark attempt?  Certainly the developers have taken notice that the themeparks have all been having some serious trouble for like the last 5 years.

IP deserves something great.  Im having visions of quest hubbing to endgame with RVR areas and a twist.  Please don't do the themepark route on this and have everything super structured and predictable.

Actually I take that back...its kinda looking like it might be a Planetside 2 type game possibly with pve in the mix....hmm...

No need to worry.  4 faction PVP with a fifth AI faction to keep it balanced.

• BrownAleBrownAle Member Posts: 399
    Originally posted by jdnyc

Yeah that's what has me worried.

Im not sure if the current generation of gamers are able to pick a faction and RP it...4 factions will make it harder to flock to the good side...but it will happen.

Also im so sick of tab target no risk RVR mechanics where nothing really matters at all...I really hope they do something unique here to mitigate the "meh" factor in holding a point or whatever.

I find this IP interesting, its just, I really don't find the standard themepark game mechanics all that enticing or interesting anymore...I don't think adding a few more realms to the mix and a npc faction is going to spice it up enough since the basics are still the same.

really wish these big budget games had some balls and made a full loot sandbox so hard to get into these games after being converted to playing in a risky environment...I still like the themeparks for the storyline part, despite they now make that so damn fast to progress though...

• steamtanksteamtank Member UncommonPosts: 391

it already has pay-2-win featured all over it.

id love this news so much if it was an actual balanced B2P w/ cosmetic shop or sub based game

as is.. barf

which sucks, i love the IP

• ElRenmazuoElRenmazuo Member RarePosts: 5,361
    Originally posted by jdnyc

Yeah that's what has me worried.

Im not sure if the current generation of gamers are able to pick a faction and RP it...4 factions will make it harder to flock to the good side...but it will happen.

Also im so sick of tab target no risk RVR mechanics where nothing really matters at all...I really hope they do something unique here to mitigate the "meh" factor in holding a point or whatever.

I find this IP interesting, its just, I really don't find the standard themepark game mechanics all that enticing or interesting anymore...I don't think adding a few more realms to the mix and a npc faction is going to spice it up enough since the basics are still the same.

really wish these big budget games had some balls and made a full loot sandbox so hard to get into these games after being converted to playing in a risky environment...I still like the themeparks for the storyline part, despite they now make that so damn fast to progress though...

did u not read the OP its a third person over the shoulder shooter kind of like the single player space marines game.

picture this only in an mmo world

• Entropy14Entropy14 Member UncommonPosts: 675
    get ready to be disappointed in 2.5 years, don't think about it too much just a game, that will last 2 weeks tops.
  • PiratePetePiratePete Member Posts: 105

From what I understand they're taking more of a planetside 2 approach where the pvp war is the main focus and the pve content is mainly hostile mobs in the wild. But that's just my perspective on what was said. 

I think a persistent war between factions would work well in a warhammer game. And the prospects that a faction can be deemed a winner makes it more interesting than planetside 2 for me. 

• Agent_JosephAgent_Joseph Member UncommonPosts: 1,361
    Originally posted by MajiinX
    This is the best MMO news I've heard in a VERY long time.

same here,can't wait for this game

• jdnycjdnyc Member UncommonPosts: 1,643
    Originally posted by PiratePete

From what I understand they're taking more of a planetside 2 approach where the pvp war is the main focus and the pve content is mainly hostile mobs in the wild. But that's just my perspective on what was said. 

My guess.  Every 3 months 5 factions will duke it out for domination of a planet and then move on to a new planet.

The Tyranids should be an invading force just like the other factions, just controlled by AI.

• rodingorodingo Member RarePosts: 2,870
    My pants will explode If I can work my way to earning terminator honors

"If I offended you, you needed it" -Corey Taylor

• RazephonRazephon Member UncommonPosts: 628

I really hope they get a forum up and get developers to post on a regular basis.

2015 is a long way away and we need something to hold us over until then >.<

Currently waiting for the MMO industry to put out something good.