Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

4 Sieges tonight!

Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,983

Should be a fun night!

Let's see how the server hold up.

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

Comments

• kDeviLkDeviL Member UncommonPosts: 215

xD Shaweet,  Dunno if anybody else cares but keep me informed as server stability this far after launch is something I really wanna know about.  Not just you but lemme know if anyone from your clan d/cs too, and how often.

If WoW was released today even in its' entirety it would be f2p in 3 months.
    Why is it still such a big deal?

• gamekid2kgamekid2k Member Posts: 360
    Originally posted by Slapshot1188

Should be a fun night!

May I get some advance info who is hold siege on whom? :-)

I bet some of these are involved, Sinister, LM, Empire, KGB.

Thanks.

Now Playing: DARKFALL Unholy Wars "Return to Open World, Full Loot PvP, Conquest in a Sandbox MMO with player driven economy! Just like classic MMOs!"

• Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,983
    Originally posted by gamekid2k

Should be a fun night!

May I get some advance info who is hold siege on whom? :-)

I bet some of these are involved, Sinister, LM, Empire, KGB.

Thanks.

Lets see...  Team Penetrator, with Nox are sieging an OTG hamlet

Empire is sieging an OTG hamlet (different one)

Empire is sieging a DarkSide hamlet

LastCall is Sieging Zealot city on Ruby

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

• wrekognizewrekognize Member UncommonPosts: 388
    Originally posted by kDeviL

xD Shaweet,  Dunno if anybody else cares but keep me informed as server stability this far after launch is something I really wanna know about.  Not just you but lemme know if anyone from your clan d/cs too, and how often.

My wife and I did not crash at all in the first siege

• RaapnaapRaapnaap Member UncommonPosts: 455

Meanwhile, on EU... Entirely nothing happens, as EU clans continue to hold their carebear grip on the games politics.

Even with crashes during sieges fixed, all but a hand full of EU clans bother to play the game as intended, making up excuses for doing nothing such as "no incentives to siege", "it's politically unwise to upset people in a PvP game", ect.

• gamekid2kgamekid2k Member Posts: 360
    Originally posted by raapnaap

Meanwhile, on EU... Entirely nothing happens, as EU clans continue to hold their carebear grip on the games politics.

Even with crashes during sieges fixed, all but a hand full of EU clans bother to play the game as intended, making up excuses for doing nothing such as "no incentives to siege", "it's politically unwise to upset people in a PvP game", ect.

My understanding is that during DF1 EU server was dead as well.  Something about Europe I guess :-)

Now Playing: DARKFALL Unholy Wars "Return to Open World, Full Loot PvP, Conquest in a Sandbox MMO with player driven economy! Just like classic MMOs!"

• RaapnaapRaapnaap Member UncommonPosts: 455
    Originally posted by gamekid2k

My understanding is that during DF1 EU server was dead as well.  Something about Europe I guess :-)

Not the case. we had a lot of siege action on EU back then, perhaps even more than on NA because the server situations were practically reversed; NA would prefer politics, EU would siege anything that moved. Having played on both servers during this time and leading a siege-active clan on EU, I could clearly tell the difference.

But much seems to have changed in the mentality of the player. I'd say it is because people need to risk more in UW than they had to in the original game, and city construction isn't cheap in UW which is a large factor in people playing it safe and just ally everyone.

Build a clan and Siege someone then.

• Deerhunter71Deerhunter71 Member Posts: 527
    Sad but 3 of the sieges in past 2 days or so shows how the game is dying....  Zealot who barely has 6 actives is going to lose their 3rd and last holding tonight.  Not a good sign when the bulk of a clan is no longer playing.
    Originally posted by Deerhunter71
    Sad but 3 of the sieges in past 2 days or so shows how the game is dying....  Zealot who barely has 6 actives is going to lose their 3rd and last holding tonight.  Not a good sign when the bulk of a clan is no longer playing.

The world I'm playing in is a lot more active than how you portray it. Unless you're in Zealot, there is no way for you to know how many actives they have. Hell, the 40 man clan I am in typically has 6 - 10 people logged in at any one time, however; over 80% of the clan is very active. In fact a good deal of the actives in my clan could not attend the sieges last night because of real life commitments. I'm sure this is the case with many players in other clans. Three sieges in 2 days is plenty considering one siege can take a total of three hours of attendance.

There are plenty of themeparks. So login to one of them, highlight battlegrounds and click join. I guarantee you won't experience what I did last night.

• GreymoorGreymoor Member UncommonPosts: 802
    Some of the people on here just aren't in touch with the reality in the game. It's very active.
  • evilizedevilized Member UncommonPosts: 576

looking forward to some pro scroaching tonight.

also if you are unhappy on EU come on over to the NA server, bunch of aussies here already.  as for zealot leaving... that's generally the case with the clans that come in and power their way up to "endgame" in the first week. they always leave and move on to the next game release so they can be the fastest levelers again and don't have to actually compete with anybody on equal ground. 

• NevulusNevulus Member UncommonPosts: 1,288

We gained 6 new players in the clan im in, and we had well over 50 people on last night, on a WEEKDAY!

The game may very well die in the future, but as for right now, it is doing quite fine. Only time will tell.

Stop all the Gloom & Doom. Most of the upset posts and people that did leave are df1 vets who are upset that they cant macro grind to the top and walk around like a 1-man army killing everyone.

Get over it, people can gain 40k prowess easy and be competitive now. The game has its fault, as most games do, but it is the only mmo out there with a REAL classic feel and not some instanced cage.

• itchmonitchmon Member RarePosts: 1,999

in the empire clan siege i participated in i didnt crash.  I did hit 5k ping twice though, once costing me a death.  but didnt actually crash... so that's a step to the positive i s'pose.

as far as i know very few folks crashed, at least according to our (empire's) mumble.

no i'm not going to tell you who i am in empire :)

Itch

RIP Ribbitribbitt you are missed, kid.

Currently Playing EVE, ESO

Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired signifies, in the final sense, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and not clothed.

Dwight D Eisenhower

My optimism wears heavy boots and is loud.

Henry Rollins

• Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,983

Huh?

There are 4 sieges in one day... one with over 100 participants... and somehow you find that as a sign that the game is dying.

Zealot is disbanding.  Good.

• BrownAleBrownAle Member Posts: 399

Huh?

There are 4 sieges in one day... one with over 100 participants... and somehow you find that as a sign that the game is dying.

Zealot is disbanding.  Good.

hmm wasn't zealot a small clan of elitest jerks?  should a small and inactive clan deserve a holding?  I remember digging a couple maps up in one of zealots holdings...just walked in dug around not a peep out of them..nothing was built in the city...clans like that shouldn't have holdings and in 1.0 lots of inactive clans had holdings due to others protecting them. this is good that their holding was lost.

I know some people are trying to make zealot dying out to be a sign of demise for the game but there are tons of very active and large clans full of noobs to replace them.  Anyway...didn't they quit DF1 a few times too?  seems to be the norm for those guys.

a lot of the old elite guys and clans seem to not be faring too well in the new game.  This game needed desperately to get new blood, the old blood from 1.0 was toxic and not good for the games health.

Also with the several sieges I heard that there were a few asset damage raids occurring as well...which will probably lead to several sieges this weekend...NA server is pretty damn active which is good.  Its also really good to see a lot of 5k-20k players at these sieges...noobs/new players are getting in on the action...which is fantastic imo.  also proving people can be effective while new

• -Zeno--Zeno- Member CommonPosts: 1,298
    Sieges have started up in the game.  We had a 200 or more player siege that was intense fighting for hours just yesterday.  Reminded me of the Shadowbane days.

The definition of insanity: doing the same thing over and over expecting different results.