Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Black Gold: New E3 Trailer Shows Off the Game

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

Snail Games has taken the wraps off of its next MMO, Black Gold, during the 2013 E3 convention. A new trailer has been released to show off some of the steampunk aspects of the forthcoming game. In addition, a new website has debuted to keep players informed about Black Gold's development and more.

Check out the Black Gold site for more information.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• pmilespmiles Member Posts: 383
    Looks like the love child between WoW and Mech Warrior Online...
  • ArskaaaArskaaa Member RarePosts: 1,265

Meh,steampunk/fantasy and elefants/ponys? wtf?

That game dont make sense.

• MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196
    Sandbox?
  • AlomarAlomar Member RarePosts: 1,299
    Wtf was that..lol
    Haxus Council Member
    21  year MMO veteran 
    PvP Raid Leader 
    Lover of The Witcher & CD Projekt Red
  • RemyVorenderRemyVorender Member RarePosts: 3,991
    And by trying to appeal to everyone, they appeal to no one.

Joined - July 2004

• ShaddyDaddyShaddyDaddy Member UncommonPosts: 192
    Anyone else laugh their ass off at the scene when the elf with the bow and arrow goes against the mech? Just me?
  • MondoA2JMondoA2J Member Posts: 258

Very underwhelming trailer to say the least.

Didn't get me excited for this MMO and it looks kinda dull.

MMORPG Gamers/Developers need a reality check!

• redcappredcapp Member Posts: 722

Uhh.. too much steam?

Plus it's snail games

Probably will pass.

• KhebelnKhebeln Member UncommonPosts: 794

Is it just me or is this game looks really dated, and very similar visually to aion ?

I might be spoiled but considering this game wont be out anytime soon,  by the time its out it will be looking pretty bad. After some of the sneak peek from E3 to what we can expect in the next 2 years this just looks sad.

(Retired)- Anarchy Online/Ultima Online/DAoC/Horizonsz/EQ2/SWG/AC1&2/L2/SoR/WoW/TMO/Requiem/Atlantica Online/Manibogi/Rift+(SL)/Lol/Hon/SWTOR/Wakfu/Champions Online/GW/Lotr/CO/TcoS/Tabula Rasa/Meridian 59/Vanguard/Shadowbane/Fury/SotW/Dreamlords/HGL/RoM/DDO/FFXI/Aoc/Eve/Warhammer Online/Gw2/TSW/Tera/Defiance/STO/AoW/DE/Firefall/Darkfall/Neverwinter/PS2/ESO/FF14/Archeage/Gw2

• bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838

It seems to have sandbox elements. Territory control, building and such. 

300km map. Steam punkers on one side, high fantasy on the other, as the genres collide.

"We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • AnthurAnthur Member UncommonPosts: 961
    Reminds me of Aliens vs Cowboys. I guess when you run out of ideas you just randomly put together different genres. Never was a big fan of that.
  • bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838

Well SanilGames doesn't seem to be short on ideas. They've produced the only original thing we've seen in 8 year. Why do you think you hear all the qq about Wushu not being explained well enough. 

You could write the games of the past 8 years in martian and we would all know exactly what to do. No I think they chose to go this course. 

I for one dislike steam punk, almost hate it. It seems I'd be a perfect fit for the other side.

"We see fundamentals and we ape in"