Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

EQN at E3

Comments

• redcappredcapp Member Posts: 722
    Originally posted by Grailer
    Originally posted by Iadien
    It won't be at E3.

Shame , it would've been good to know more .

Im starting to worry a bit about the foundry/storybook part ,  sounds almost like player made instances and instances = fail .

Yeah.  If this is the metric they're using to determine that this is a sandbox, then we're all setting ourselves up for disappointment.  But, we really don't know yet, obviously.

• IadienIadien Member UncommonPosts: 638
    Originally posted by Nanfoodle
    Originally posted by Nadia

probably eq1 and eq2

https://forums.station.sony.com/eq/index.php?threads/follow-your-favorite-soe-games-and-news-at-e3.200752/

EverQuest Franchise Takes a Look Back and Forward

The EverQuest franchise will be looking at its rich development history of EverQuest and EverQuest II and will be discussing what’s coming up for the franchise as a whole. Make sure you tune in to the livestream featuring Dave “Smokejumper” Georgeson for more details. Also, if you’re at E3, you can visit our My EQ Story booth to share your favorite memories of your time in Norrath!
    For more information, click here to go to www.everquest.com or www.everquest2.com!

Yeah. But, they may let something slip, who knows. =p

I am sure they have some fluff into to release. Races, classes anything like that has no fear of being poached by Blizzard or the like. I dont think we will hear anything groundbreaking till Aug.

The main reason I think we may get something about EQ Next is because Terry Michaels, Senior Producer of EQ Next, will be there.

• supergfunksupergfunk Member UncommonPosts: 95
    Originally posted by Braindome

The reveal will be.....

Cash Shop!

LOL

• GrailerGrailer Member UncommonPosts: 893
    EQN = Spark clone?
  • quseioquseio Member UncommonPosts: 234
    Originally posted by Nanfoodle

I am sure they have some fluff into to release. Races, classes anything like that has no fear of being poached by Blizzard or the like. I dont think we will hear anything groundbreaking till Aug.

I DONT CARE  ifitsjust fluff i would be ecstatic over some screen shots race models, mobs  zones anything more than a unfinished model wearing armor

if soe came up with a innovateive new class it could get poached easy

Confirmation from Domino.

https://twitter.com/pentapod

"Ohai #EQ2, #EQNext fans, don't miss the livestream today at 3:30PST on the EverQuest franchise and what's next!"

• DullahanDullahan Member EpicPosts: 4,536

http://www.twitch.tv/everquestnext 3:30 pacific

also http://www.twitch.tv/soe for everything else

• ThodraThodra Member UncommonPosts: 444
    Well, that was waste of time...

Originally posted by Thodra

Yep, SoE said no information would be at E3 initially, but then some Devs led us to believe there would be. What waste of time.

• Trudge34Trudge34 Member UncommonPosts: 392

Yep. Whole lot of nothing said there...

Played: EQ1 (10 Years), Guild Wars, Rift, TERA
    Tried: EQ2, Vanguard, Lord of the Rings Online, Dungeons and Dragons Online, Runes of Magic and countless others...
    Currently Playing: GW2

Nytlok Sylas
    80 Sylvari Ranger

• Storm_CloudStorm_Cloud Member UncommonPosts: 401

Pretty much, lol....

The worst part was that the guy from Curse, who actually had got to test the game didn't look thrilled at all. Not even a little bit.

Scary...

Originally posted by Storm_Cloud

Pretty much, lol....

The worst part was that the guy from Curse, who actually had got to test the game didn't look thrilled at all. Not even a little bit.

Scary...

I noticed that too, but I thought. Maybe they told him to look like that

• keenberkeenber Member UncommonPosts: 438

and it allso sounds like EQN is a long way from been finished if there still looking for disgners for the game.

Who in there right mind will let curse do a web site about a new game that site spoils games into easy mode

Originally posted by keenber

and it allso sounds like EQN is a long way from been finished if there still looking for disgners for the game.

Who in there right mind will let curse do a web site about a new game that site spoils games into easy mode

Just weird, iøm sure I saw a video where Smedly said launch would be 2013

But yea, feels like it won't be anytime soon

• Storm_CloudStorm_Cloud Member UncommonPosts: 401
    Originally posted by keenber

Just weird, iøm sure I saw a video where Smedly said launch would be 2013

Well, he said they would have a version ready that wasn't a beta version... Whatever that means...

EDIT!

Did some digging... 

"Players will have to wait a bit longer to try it themselves, but maybe not as long as you'd expect. "Players will get their hands on an actual release version of what we're doing late [this] year - and I don't mean a beta," says Smedley."

http://eq2wire.com/2013/01/24/players-interpret-smedley-quote-as-2013-eqnext-launch/#more-15466

• AsboAsbo Member UncommonPosts: 812
    Originally posted by Bidwood

They could use E3 to say the game is going to be on PS4, generating a ton of hype for Sony's new console, and that they hope everyone can join them for the reveal of the actual game. ;)

Planetside 2 was confirmed for PS4 and Smedley has been tweeting about it. Someone asked him if EQ Next will follow and he said it's possible, and that they're both based on Forgelight. =)

Why do people keep going on about the PS4 being a part of EQ, it's never has been and it's pretty unlikely it will. If you want to play EQ MMO games then I hope that it stay on the PC platform only and stops them wasting time and money developing for more than one platform.

There are plenty of games for the PS3/4 and I've yet to see an MMO for them at all.

which could or would run like they do on a PC. That said I see that TESO has delayed launch after telling everyone they porting it to both PS4 and Xbox too. This is the problem companies are trying to make certain games for a platform and then once they change direction and port across it dilutes and adds delays.

Personally if they do announce they making EQN for any of the consoles then I will have to look at whether I'll even bother to buy it unless it proves to do and play ten times better than the original did. Personally I'm getting peeved off with the hype with the console wars, it's pathetic imo.

Bandit

Asbo

• AticusWellesAticusWelles Member Posts: 152

Originally posted by NightBandit
    Originally posted by Bidwood

They could use E3 to say the game is going to be on PS4, generating a ton of hype for Sony's new console, and that they hope everyone can join them for the reveal of the actual game. ;)

Planetside 2 was confirmed for PS4 and Smedley has been tweeting about it. Someone asked him if EQ Next will follow and he said it's possible, and that they're both based on Forgelight. =)

Why do people keep going on about the PS4 being a part of EQ, it's never has been and it's pretty unlikely it will. If you want to play EQ MMO games then I hope that it stay on the PC platform only and stops them wasting time and money developing for more than one platform.

There are plenty of games for the PS3/4 and I've yet to see an MMO for them at all.

which could or would run like they do on a PC. That said I see that TESO has delayed launch after telling everyone they porting it to both PS4 and Xbox too. This is the problem companies are trying to make certain games for a platform and then once they change direction and port across it dilutes and adds delays.

Personally if they do announce they making EQN for any of the consoles then I will have to look at whether I'll even bother to buy it unless it proves to do and play ten times better than the original did. Personally I'm getting peeved off with the hype with the console wars, it's pathetic imo.

Bandit

Its more likely that EQN will be on PS4 than it won't. Smedly said years ago that all future SoE MMOs will be on PlayStation consoles (at the same time he hinted eqn was in development), SoE is now part of SCE instead of Sony Pictures making PlayStation a priority, the forgelight engine was developed for PS4 and PC, etc.

They want to make PS4 an MMO powerhouse, and their biggest MMO franchise is Everquest.

Oh and PS2 had its own version of Everquest (compared to most modern day MMORPGs it was actually pretty decent),, so saying its never been a part of PlayStation is incorrect.

• steelheartxsteelheartx Member UncommonPosts: 434
    I just hope that it has more of a PC interface than a console interface.  Take Defiance by Trion for example; great game, but really a horrible UI for PC users.  Consisted of dropdown menus upon dropdown menus, and text chatting with fellow players was prett rough.

Looking for a family that you can game with for life? Check out Grievance at https://www.grievancegaming.org !

• kjempffkjempff Member RarePosts: 1,759
    How about: EQ1 F2P fast progression server (1week lock timer) ? As a teaser that will last till the EqNext boom ^^
  • redcappredcapp Member Posts: 722
    Is there a persistent link to whatever was said? 

Hmm, put a new MMO slated for this year on a console that might not even be launched yet...

Not sure if srs.

• Damage99Damage99 Member UncommonPosts: 202
    Originally posted by redcapp
    Is there a persistent link to whatever was said? 

http://www.twitch.tv/everquestnext

• Laughing-manLaughing-man Member RarePosts: 3,654
    Originally posted by Dullahan

Hmm, put a new MMO slated for this year on a console that might not even be launched yet...

Not sure if srs.

Console launches this holiday season, EQ Next probably will as well.

Where is the root of your confusion? 

• comicguycomicguy Member Posts: 123
    I would be shocked if EQNext is not on the PS4
    Originally posted by Laughing-man
    Originally posted by Dullahan

Not sure if srs.

Console launches this holiday season, EQ Next probably will as well.

Where is the root of your confusion? 

Gee, I dunno, maybe the whole development process where hardware and people with that hardware are required to test your product.