Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fuzzy Avatars Solved! Please re-upload your avatar if it was fuzzy!

PS4 JUST WON CONSOLE WARS $399

124»

Comments

• NadiaNadia Canonsburg, PAPosts: 11,866Member Common

reading this, Microsoft should rethink their policy

http://gadgets.ndtv.com/games/news/xbox-one-vs-ps4-let-the-next-generation-games-begin-378124

4. Used games policy

Here is where Microsoft turns out to be a big flop. The gaming community thrives on second hand and rental games. Why? Because games at the end of it are certainly expensive. Microsoft recently announced that it would be restricting the game distribution where you can resell a game only through a game publisher. Also, with the Xbox One while each game can be shared, it can be shared only once. Now that happens to be extremely restrictive.

Sony on the other hand has announced that the Sony PlayStation 4 will not come with any such restrictions. The console like previous iterations will not limit disc sharing and continues to have the same used games policy.

no rented games on xbox

http://www.techhive.com/article/2040995/xbox-one-owners-will-be-able-to-sell-share-games-but-not-rent-them.html

• KuppaKuppa Boulder, COPosts: 3,292Member Uncommon
    They definitely made xbox a tough sale...

• ElikalElikal ValhallaPosts: 7,906Member Uncommon

People don't ask questions to get answers - they ask questions to show how smart they are. - Dogbert

• GrayGhost79GrayGhost79 Webster, MAPosts: 4,813Member
    Originally posted by Torvaldr
    Originally posted by plaxidia

Lets see.. No region lock -check
    No used game lock- check
    No online requirement - check
    Cheaper membership cost if one chooses to have it (I do)
    so many good, free PS+ games that I had to put in a 1tb hd in my ps3..

Some folks may be purchasing the xbox console for specific titles but I would have to venture a GUESS that gamers who like variety and flexibility will buy the Ps4. Especially with the price. So I would honestly have to predict that PlayStation will sell a retarded amount of these and that will mean even more games for those of us who want them since developers make games to make money and you don't make money if the console you develop for has fewer owners. :)

Actually it's more like this:

Region Lock:  PS4 - No, XB1 - Yes

Used Game Lock:  PS4 - Publisher Decides, XB1 - Yes

Online Check:  PS4 - No, XB1 - Yes

Membership Cost: PS4 and XB1 are the same if you purchase monthly, both offer discounts on bulk time purchases.  Both will offer free games to subscribers.

The vanilla offering of each will only have a 500GB hd.  That can fill up fast.  How much will it cost to upgrade each?

They really aren't too much different.  Sony is more permissive which will appeal to younger (especially more cash strapped) gamers.  Most older gamers I know don't worry about some of those things like region lock or online verification.

What happens if Microsoft loosens some of its more restrictive policies?  Does that level the playing field?  The smooth integration with Win8 and Win Phone 8 are also longer terms strengths for the XB1.  The PS4 definitely has the advantage out of the gate, but long term it's still pretty open.  Declaring victory this early is premature.

Us adults tend to worry more about costs and such than the younger kids so I'm not sure what you mean but that's neither here nor there. 

In any case besides the obvious Sony has several other legs up on Microsoft at this point in time. 

Indie Developers - Microsoft hasn't been overly nice to many of them and Sony is greeting them with arms wide open. 

Blizzard - Yeah, Blizzard is talking console exclusives with Sony not only with Diablo 3 (Which sucked) but also future titles.

MMO's - While Microsoft is getting a few, Sony has been more open with MMO developers and have quite a few coming to it's system and many as console exclusives. 

Bungie - Yes, the former Microsoft cash cow is not only bringing Destiny to the PS4 but it's also going to have exclusive content specifically for the PS4. 

Accessibility - Sure, the Xbox One is looking to integrate with Win8 and Win8 phones... but guess what... Sony wants to integrate with everything oO! They are looking to use mobile devices, the Vita, PC's, Mac's, etc. They aren't limiting there selves like Microsoft is. 

Hardware and Graphics - Sony simply wins here hands down and there is no debate on that. 

Exclusives - PS4 has a good bit, Xbox One has very few. The Xbox One exclusives were a bit funny because most when announced they also said they will be on ,at the very least, PC as well. 

I mean all in all, this list could continue to go on for a bit longer but I will stop here. Microsoft sacrificed a great deal to bring to the table a system that offers a ton of features that no one wants or needs. Sony on the other hand, even after beating Microsoft out in the last round of consoles stepped their game up and tried to deliver a end user driven gaming system. A system that was designed to enhance the gaming experience in every way they could think of and they even tried to deliver a system that developers wanted to develop for. 

So what happens if Microsoft loosens some of the more restrictive policies? I don't think much, there is just so many bad decisions that its hard to see a bounce back. They have given gamers very little reason to buy an Xbox One. They've tried to branch out and be appealing to others but... the Xbox One really doesn't serve very much purpose outside of gaming considering the other functions it performs are performed better by existing devices. 

Declaring victory this early is generally a bad idea but... the odds are overwhelmingly in Sony's favor here. 

• OpapanaxOpapanax Rochester, NYPosts: 973Member
    Originally posted by evilastro
    Never owned a Playstation console before, PS4 will be my first.  It just beats Xbox One hands down.  I don't even know what Nintendo is trying to do anymore, I think they need to go the way of Sega and focus on games.

Nintendo has always gone the opposite direction as the other two system makers. It's just what they do really and they have become increasingly good at it.

The last Nintendo system that I owned myself was a Gamecube and though I was never interested in the ones after I always felt that their design and just overall flavor always stayed Nintendo. Which is super rare in our faddish times.

I don't know how much longer they will stay in the console market, but I don't see them leaving anytime soon. They are one of the (if not original) companies to make console gaming work and even carried the torch soley for some time with the original Nintendo system.

They make their system cheaper and more affordable for those gamers who might not be able to swinig a $400-$500 cost for a gaming system. Their games might not always be super adult or mature, but they have a place I think and a fairly solid foothold on their niche of the market.

PM before you report at least or you could just block.

• sxvssxvs massillon, OHPosts: 109Member
    Originally posted by Elikal

haha oh man! that sold me, i totally want a rock.

ps4 life

• HerXHerX CPGPosts: 22Member

How about this gem from xbone site

• Give your family access to your entire games library anytime, anywhere: Xbox One will enable new forms of access for families. Up to ten members of your family can log in and play from your shared games library on any Xbox One. Just like today, a family member can play your copy of Forza Motorsport at a friend’s house. Only now, they will see not just Forza, but all of your shared games. You can always play your games, and any one of your family members can be playing from your shared library at a given time.
  • RelGnRelGn halalaPosts: 494Member
    Both consoles require pay to play online so both consoles will fail

• ettindettind New Mexico, NMPosts: 5Member
    Originally posted by sxvs
    Originally posted by Elikal

haha oh man! that sold me, i totally want a rock.

ps4 life

Ahahah this made my day... sorry Xbox one but PS4 nailed it :)

124»