Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Rift: v2.3: Empyreal Assault Brings F2P Action

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

With the latest update to Rift, players can now enjoy the game for free. Empyreal Assault brings the new Dendrome zone, a ten-player raid, a new Chronicle, open-world raid bosses, game performance improvements, and more.

There are no restrictions on levels or content for registered free players; the entire world is open to explore and conquer. The expanded in-game RIFT Store offers thousands of items and services – from faction changes to mounts, pets, boosts, and much more – but the best gear must be earned in-game. For those looking for the ultimate RIFT experience, a subscription is available that offers a suite of awesome “Patron” benefits.

Read more on the Rift site.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• marz.at.playmarz.at.play Member UncommonPosts: 912
    Excited! Not P2W for those complaing that you can buy gear...its entry level gear. The best gear is earned ingame. 'Nuff said.

• davc123davc123 Member UncommonPosts: 458
    Rift is great game!
  • XeonsoldierXeonsoldier Member Posts: 190
  • Scott_JeslisScott_Jeslis Member RarePosts: 628

Yes very enjoyable to play, especially with all the roles/classes, even more enjoyable as F2P.

I will contribute $$ here and there for convenience items to help support ongoing development. If most players do once in awhile we will be in good shape.

• aromeroaromero Member Posts: 49
    Awesome! can't wait!
  • KrimzinKrimzin Member UncommonPosts: 687

Fun Stuff.. Waiting on Servers to come up now!!

Just because I'm a gamer doesn't mean I drive a Honda.
    Best Duo Ever

Lets see your Battle Stations /r/battlestations
    Battle Station 
  • ElrarElrar Member Posts: 5

Thanks for the support guys - looking forward to getting these shards online & getting you all in-game, I'll stop by to let you know when they're up!

Have fun,

James "Elrar" Nichols, RIFT Community Manager

James "Elrar" Nichols
    Community Manager
    Trion Worlds, Inc.
    www.archeagegame.com
    www.facebook.com/archeage
    www.twitter.com/ArcheAge

• ArskaaaArskaaa Member RarePosts: 1,265
    good free to play game:) not perfect but good.
  • VaultFairyVaultFairy Member UncommonPosts: 566
    Think i will try and get myself into a guild so i can experience some of the end game content as i've always played solo.
  • ArskaaaArskaaa Member RarePosts: 1,265
    Originally posted by VaultFairy
    Think i will try and get myself into a guild so i can experience some of the end game content as i've always played solo.

There is not raid finder?

• NadiaNadia Member UncommonPosts: 11,798
  • GhavriggGhavrigg Member RarePosts: 1,308
    Downloading now to give it another go. I just wish they would have updated their combat animations, because the current ones are gonna drive many players away.
  • piquetpiquet Member UncommonPosts: 189
    Can't wait! I didn't want to spoil myself by playing too much on the test shard, so I have seen very little of The Dendrome. Also can't wait to buy some profession extensions. I only play 1 toon and couldn't decide between apothecary and runecrafting, now I can have both - awesome! :-)
  • Po_ggPo_gg Member EpicPosts: 5,749
    Originally posted by Torvaldr

I'm so stoked to get off work and into the game.  I think people are really going to like the new vendor interface.  It's not just about buying cash shop stuff, but (at least on the PTS) it provides a great way to find all the stuff you can buy from vendors.

Of all the games with this combat style and progression (EQ2, LotRO, WoW, etc), this is my favorite.

I haven't played Rift, somehow it wasn't my cup of bilberry tea (along with Torvaldr's list of similar games... even ditched LotRO for the first time, and was only hooked onto it on the second try, purely because of the Shire :) ), but I follow the changes since I like to be up-to-date with the market.

Based on the infos so far, the f2p model seems very friendly and allowing. Not to mention the REX implementation, it has some unique ideas. I think I will hop in just to check the f2p switch from first hand. As I heard, the soul system is a good place for theory-crafters...

And a +1 for Elrar, it's always nice to see community managers around here :)

• French_Fr1esFrench_Fr1es Member UncommonPosts: 42
    when it goes f2p?
  • BookahBookah Member UncommonPosts: 260

I NEVER thought id say this but 2 out of 3 of the games im enjoying the most atm have no monthly fee.

TSW<---Amazing

Rift<-----Amazing

WOW<---amazing for 15$

Thanks Trion, Rift is awesome I hope this help pack the servers and your back accounts :)

I for one bought the new souls and ill be buying stuff on the store to help with development.

• Po_ggPo_gg Member EpicPosts: 5,749
    Originally posted by George_LP
    when it goes f2p?

It's free for a while now up to lvl20, and it will be fully f2p in a few hours.

• piquetpiquet Member UncommonPosts: 189
    Originally posted by George_LP
    when it goes f2p?

Today.

Shards are still locked at the moment, but should be up in an hour or two, if all goes well.

• Slappy1Slappy1 Member Posts: 458
    I'm stoked!

Some day I'm going to put a sword through your eye and out the back of your skull!

Arya Stark

• jesteralwaysjesteralways Member RarePosts: 2,560
    man talk about f2p rush. i can't even download patch now, managed to patch up to playable status and then suddenly download speed is at 0kbps, more than sure too many players are constantly downloading. have to wait i guess.

Boobs are LIFE, Boobs are LOVE, Boobs are JUSTICE, Boobs are mankind's HOPES and DREAMS. People who complain about boobs have lost their humanity.

• RazeeksterRazeekster Member UncommonPosts: 2,591
    I just wish they offered Patron players some cash shop currency because as the Patron thing stands now, it doesn't interest me in the least bit.

Smile

• GhavriggGhavrigg Member RarePosts: 1,308
    Originally posted by jesteralways
    man talk about f2p rush. i can't even download patch now, managed to patch up to playable status and then suddenly download speed is at 0kbps, more than sure too many players are constantly downloading. have to wait i guess.

The game itself is down for maintenance for like another 45 mins, so I guess there must have been some hiccups because of it. 

Still, I downloaded the game easily a little over an  hour ago.

• AlomarAlomar Member RarePosts: 1,299
    Went back to rift 2 weeks ago in anticipation for f2p, good population on Seastone (US pvp shard) already. Looking forward to more open world pvp along with all of this great additional content!
    Haxus Council Member
    21  year MMO veteran 
    PvP Raid Leader 
    Lover of The Witcher & CD Projekt Red
  • HorusraHorusra Member EpicPosts: 4,411
    Originally posted by Razeekster
    I just wish they offered Patron players some cash shop currency because as the Patron thing stands now, it doesn't interest me in the least bit.

I think they might have been worried about Rex being sellable in the game.  Also with the cash gathering bonus makes patrons more likely to have more money to buy the Rex

• zaylinzaylin Member UncommonPosts: 794
    Ok Thanks a lot Trion, Now I wanna come back and play, have to say I do miss Playing Rift. And I have to agree IMO its one of the Top 3 MMOs out atm. Ya know its funny a lot of people say they want MMOs to change and when they do, their attitude is "Meh I dont like it" because its to unfamiliar..hmm Gee wonder why we can get  away from wow clones >.<.. en who I know what ill be down loading after this post {grins} . Will be good to be back, I loved the soul system!