Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Archage 2.0 announced

rubydragon5rubydragon5 Member UncommonPosts: 693

Comments

• xAPOCxxAPOCx Member UncommonPosts: 869

I dont know if i understand this one.

Is this a jab at those that hate the idea of the steam powered car or a jab at those that dont? Or am i missing something deeper in your post?

• rubydragon5rubydragon5 Member UncommonPosts: 693
    Originally posted by xAPOCx

Is this a jab at those that hate the idea of the steam powered car or a jab at those that dont? Or am i missing something deeper in your post?

They took a pure fantasy game, added tropical shirts,  racing cars, jet packs etc

My point is they couldn't of killed the fantasy setting any more if they tried, and opposite of fantasy is sci fi

• CaldrinCaldrin Member UncommonPosts: 4,505
    Originally posted by rubydragon5

They took a pure fantasy game, added tropical shirts,  racing cars, jet packs etc

My point is they couldn't of killed the fantasy setting any more if they tried, and opposite of fantasy is sci fi

yeah I agree during the development everything about the game looked like it was going to be a pure fantasy game, then they added cars, bikinis, tropical shirts and so on lol.. kind of turned it into a joke..

Still I will check they game out when its released over here.

• bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838

It's about "fun" guys, cars are "fun". Bikinis are "fun". AA is all about "fun"!

did I do it right?

"We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • GwapoJoshGwapoJosh Member UncommonPosts: 1,030
    Originally posted by bcbully

It's about "fun" guys, cars are "fun". Bikinis are "fun". AA is all about "fun"!

did I do it right?

Fun fail ;)

"You are all going to poop yourselves." BillMurphy

"Laugh and the world laughs with you. Weep and you weep alone."

• French_Fr1esFrench_Fr1es Member UncommonPosts: 42
    imagination is always better :)

These racing cars are steam powered right? So are some of the farm vehicles and other transport options in game.

Is there "jet packs" in the game or are you referring to the gliders?

So the tropical shirts bother you that much as to start a post about it? If that bothered you that much i would suggest just staying away from this game all together.

And i never saw anything from XLGames that said what type of fantasy setting this game would be in.

Fantasy setting seems to be fine and intact.

• LlexXLlexX Member UncommonPosts: 200

There is "jet pack" in the game:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AzghLm5HXYA

Quest only thing tho.

• adderVXIadderVXI Member UncommonPosts: 727

I think its humerous and i totally get it.  Im sad that i get it though.  Hell, space might be next

Government is not reason; it is not eloquent; it is force. Like fire, it is a dangerous servant and a fearful master.

George Washington

• FusionFusion Member UncommonPosts: 1,398
    Originally posted by Caldrin

yeah I agree during the development everything about the game looked like it was going to be a pure fantasy game, then they added cars, bikinis, tropical shirts and so on lol.. kind of turned it into a joke..

Don't forget scuba gear, tractors, modern sunglasses and other entirely non-fantasy related crap.. the game looked brilliant like a year ago, the new idiotic additions have entirely ruined my anticipation for the game.

http://neocron-game.com/ - now totally F2P no cash-shops or micro transactions at all.
    Originally posted by LlexX

There is "jet pack" in the game:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AzghLm5HXYA

Quest only thing tho.

i think  jet pack is a loose term for that item. not in the least game breaking.

I dont understand. Did you people think this was goin to be some sort of high sword fantasy game? Like a might and magic type of game? Take a look at the landscape of the game. there were elements of steam punk throughout the game.

Nothing game breaking ( for me ) that iv seen. So if you think you wount enjoy your time in AA, then stay away from it. dont bother buying the game or even goin to there main/fan sites. Those of us that like that game for what it is, dont want your input or influence.

• silvermembersilvermember Member UncommonPosts: 526

I dont understand. Did you people think this was goin to be some sort of high sword fantasy game? Like a might and magic type of game? Take a look at the landscape of the game. there were elements of steam punk throughout the game.

Nothing game breaking ( for me ) that iv seen. So if you think you wount enjoy your time in AA, then stay away from it. dont bother buying the game or even goin to there main/fan sites. Those of us that like that game for what it is, dont want your input or influence.

Hahaha logic and maturity, on a mmorpg site.

The whole concept of MMORPG.com runs on the idea that, if you hate something, it doesn't interest you,  and or you quit something, instead of being mature about it and simply walking away from it, you stay and whine constantly. Because studies have shown whining about a game setting and core mechanic like combat for example HAS resulted in the developer changing it, especially when the whining are from overseas player. That same study also showed that, players are 83% times more likely to inject their fantasy into statements made by developers or inferred by them and whine when those fantasies are simply just fantasies. The study also shows that players that are hyped up for a game are 83% more likely to be the trolls when those fantasy are proven false.

• LoktofeitLoktofeit Member RarePosts: 14,247

Since when was it pure fantasy?

It has always had vehicles and steampunk elements to it.

There isn't a "right" or "wrong" way to play, if you want to use a screwdriver to put nails into wood, have at it, simply don't complain when the guy next to you with the hammer is doing it much better and easier. - Allein
    "Graphics are often supplied by Engines that (some) MMORPG's are built in" - Spuffyre

• InporylemQQInporylemQQ Member Posts: 165
    lol

ArcheAge, Black Desert and Bless videos InporylemQQ Youtube

• ComanComan Member UncommonPosts: 2,178

This is so not Fantasy like. I mean take the classic Fantasy games out there like...your know Final Fantasy. Imagine the outrage if you would see cars in that or worse choppers of something! 

• Laughing-manLaughing-man Member RarePosts: 3,654

Because like corn and mashed potatoes on a child's dinner plate, those two things CAN NEVER TOUCH!

They must not meet or have parts of each other touching!

EVER!

Right?

• ProphecysProphecys Member UncommonPosts: 32

Cars,  jetpacks, modern clothes? 

I've been hyped for this game for years, and now this?

Can't wait! Seriously, what MMORPG is that serious about keeping pure fantasy. Maybe NW and CU, but the whole sci-fi fantasy I really enjoy. 

Allods Online had great sci-fi fantasy theme, but just the game itself was bad.

I'll enjoy the cars and jetpacks, anyone who objects can simply not play the game right?

• YaevinduskYaevindusk Member RarePosts: 2,094

To be honest, I laughed when I saw this.

While I'm for creative freedom with one's own game, it also has to be realized that people have preconceived notions when they see pictures and information about games.  Many thought this was a Medieval or even Fantasy like game, but then the introduction of hot rods was a bit over the top.  It completely ruined many people's interest in the world as they probably had the wrong idea to begin with.

When I first saw that video, all I could imagine is the worst of it in that I was a knight on my horse, looking onto a castle in the distance... and then suddenly a hot rod pulls up and the person inside goes "Trolololo knights on horse back", then rides up with a trail of steam following him.

That image just made me sad.

Due to frequent travel in my youth, English isn't something I consider my primary language (and thus I obtained quirky ways of writing).  German and French were always easier for me despite my family being U.S. citizens for over a century.  Spanish I learned as a requirement in school, Japanese and Korean I acquired for my youthful desire of anime and gaming (and also work now).  I only debate in English to help me work with it (and limit things).  In addition, I'm not smart enough to remain fluent in everything and typically need exposure to get in the groove of things again if I haven't heard it in a while.  If you understand Mandarin, I know a little, but it has actually been a challenge and could use some help.

Also, I thoroughly enjoy debates and have accounts on over a dozen sites for this.  If you wish to engage in such, please put effort in a post and provide sources -- I will then do the same with what I already wrote (if I didn't) as well as with my responses to your own.  Expanding my information on a subject makes my stance either change or strengthen the next time I speak of it or write a thesis.  Allow me to thank you sincerely for your time.
    Yeah i just find it funny how the addition of the steam powered car was the breaking point for all these people lol. I would think they would have more issues with the feature that people can add things like billboards with Justen Bieber on it or putting a huge vagina on the sails of your ship.

• deniterdeniter Member RarePosts: 1,429

So, motorcycles and helicopters are perfectly OK in WoW but for some reason cars or buggies are a complete disaster in ArcheAge?

Originally posted by Fusion
    Originally posted by Caldrin

Don't forget scuba gear, tractors, modern sunglasses and other entirely non-fantasy related crap.. the game looked brilliant like a year ago, the new idiotic additions have entirely ruined my anticipation for the game.

This^  A million times this^^^

Originally posted by deniter

So, motorcycles and helicopters are perfectly OK in WoW but for some reason cars or buggies are a complete disaster in ArcheAge?

They fit the goofiness of WoW very well..

Originally posted by Yaevindusk

To be honest, I laughed when I saw this.

While I'm for creative freedom with one's own game, it also has to be realized that people have preconceived notions when they see pictures and information about games.  Many thought this was a Medieval or even Fantasy like game, but then the introduction of hot rods was a bit over the top.  It completely ruined many people's interest in the world as they probably had the wrong idea to begin with.

When I first saw that video, all I could imagine is the worst of it in that I was a knight on my horse, looking onto a castle in the distance... and then suddenly a hot rod pulls up and the person inside goes "Trolololo knights on horse back", then rides up with a trail of steam following him.

That image just made me sad.

correct me if im wrong but i dont think the cars work like that. i think they get over heated and fail. you cant drive them for very long. If thats NOT the case, please inform me of how the cars really work. Lex would know more about the cars then i would. ether way, still not game breaking ( for me )

• faiyofaiyo Member Posts: 123
    Originally posted by GwapoJosh
    Originally posted by deniter

They fit the goofiness of WoW very well..

And Archeage was always this super serious cinematic game right?

It never was. This is just double standards at their finest because "zomg those evil wacky Asians r ruining our uppity western needs"

Let's just put a green orc in the game so the whiners can praise it lol.