Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Microsoft: "We have a console for people without internet, it's called a 360"

Comments

• saurus123saurus123 Member UncommonPosts: 678

no they are not

if you dont have internet access then you are living on north pole

ohh wait they have internet access there :D

• CalmOceansCalmOceans Member UncommonPosts: 2,437
    Originally posted by saurus123

no they are not

if you dont have internet access then you living on north pole

we have no internet in our living room

• GwapoJoshGwapoJosh Member UncommonPosts: 1,030
    I've really enjoyed watching this ship sink..

"You are all going to poop yourselves." BillMurphy

"Laugh and the world laughs with you. Weep and you weep alone."

• saurus123saurus123 Member UncommonPosts: 678
    Originally posted by CalmOceans
    Originally posted by saurus123

no they are not

if you dont have internet access then you living on north pole

we have no internet in our living room

go to the kitchen then :)

• CaldrinCaldrin Member UncommonPosts: 4,505

What if someone had internet access.. but then for whatever reason got cut off.. maybe the lines to their street melted, they could not afford it or whatever..

The xbox one would become useless if they didnt have access to the net after 30 days. I dont care too much as I dont play games on colnsoles but its utterly wrong for them to put this kind of system in place..

Saying that I am sure it wont be long before someone hacks the system

• PNM_JenningsPNM_Jennings Member UncommonPosts: 1,093
    Originally posted by Caldrin

What if someone had internet access.. but then for whatever reason got cut off.. maybe the lines to their street melted, they could not afford it or whatever..

The xbox one would become useless if they didnt have access to the net after 30 days. I dont care too much as I dont play games on colnsoles but its utterly wrong for them to put this kind of system in place..

yeah. the funnny thing about drm and piracy is that at a certain point it becomes a self fulfilling prophecy: the drm is so heavy that the only sane way to enjoy it is via piracy which makes the company freak out more and put more drm on it.

Companies always underestimate what bored geniuses can do.

• KhalathwyrKhalathwyr Member UncommonPosts: 3,133
    I love it. Just makes the decision to NOT buy the XBOX One that much easier.

"Many nights, my friend... Many nights I've put a blade to your throat while you were sleeping. Glad I never killed you, Steve. You're alright..."

Chavez y Chavez

• GroovyFlowerGroovyFlower Member Posts: 1,245

We force it upon you, take or leave it thats what there saying with xbox one.

They want full controll you open your wallet give them your cash or go that way====>....to sony:P

The arrogant attitude towards there future customers, microsoft display here is just unbelievable.

• NadiaNadia Member UncommonPosts: 11,798

The xbox one would become useless if they didnt have access to the net after 30 days.

its 24 hours - not 30 days

http://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/gadgets-and-tech/microsoft-confirms-xbox-one-will-have-24hour-offline-gaming-limit-8649310.html

• oGMooGMo Member UncommonPosts: 89

The xbox one would become useless if they didnt have access to the net after 30 days.

Actually you're wrong, it would be useless anywhere between immediately and 24 hours, not 30 days. It's a 24-hour check-in. That means that if you boot up your XBone to play for the first time today, and your internet is glitchy at the moment, you can't play, because it's been 24 hours. If their servers are down, you can't play.

And how many of us, who have played innumerable MMOs, would ever believe that authentication and servers would be running smoothly and glitch-free from day 1 with no problems, ever? How many Microsoft services have been down for extended periods? (hint: go google "microsoft cloud down")

This is is going to be extremely funny to watch.

• CalmOceansCalmOceans Member UncommonPosts: 2,437

I didn't think about that yet, but hackers are going to take the system down just to see what happens I'm sure.

• rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722
    Originally posted by Mardukk
    [mod edit]

nope. Sony will take over console market on first, second, and third world countries with their fair price and excelent pro-consumer new console made for gamers.

Microsoft didnt get enough slaps in the face from Sony's conference... they had to slap themselves with this interview? sigh

Originally posted by GroovyFlower

We force it upon you, take or leave it thats what there saying with xbox one.

They want full controll you open your wallet give them your cash or go that way====>....to sony:P

The arrogant attitude towards there future customers, microsoft display here is just unbelievable.

M$ thinks they are bulletproof..

• CacaphonyCacaphony Member Posts: 738

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=bTAKSBvuT-A#!lol, they're insane

Insane, probably so. But not untruthful. The 360 is a system that does not require an Internet connection and even has a new model launching. So, while it was stupid of him to say that when they have to compete with what Sony just did, it wasn't untruthful.

Either way, GO PS4!

Originally posted by Nadia
    Originally posted by Caldrin The xbox one would become useless if they didnt have access to the net after 30 days.

http://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/gadgets-and-tech/microsoft-confirms-xbox-one-will-have-24hour-offline-gaming-limit-8649310.html

Also, I could have sworn that if you take your Xbox1 over to a friends house, then that 24 hour check-in becomes an hourly check-in.

• TheLizardbonesTheLizardbones Member CommonPosts: 10,910

I can't tell if this is Microsoft being dumb, arrogant or what.

I can not remember winning or losing a single debate on the internet.

• ice-vortexice-vortex Member UncommonPosts: 960
    Originally posted by rojo6934
    [mod edit]

nope. Sony will take over console market on first, second, and third world countries with their fair price and excelent pro-consumer new console made for gamers.

Microsoft didnt get enough slaps in the face from Sony's conference... they had to slap themselves with this interview? sigh

This interview happened before the MS press conference.
  • AG-VukAG-Vuk Member UncommonPosts: 823
    [mod edit]

What do you mean "will", this is the original design philosophy. That's the main reason PC gaming was superior to consoles. The systems where based on the console modem being the source of internet connection. If they are abandoning this design philosophy consoles could actually become more viable v PC's, to a degree.

• oGMooGMo Member UncommonPosts: 89

Originally posted by lizardbones
    I can't tell if this is Microsoft being dumb, arrogant or what.

It can't be all of the above?

• CaldrinCaldrin Member UncommonPosts: 4,505
    Originally posted by Nadia

OH holy crap...

Microsoft have gone full retard on this one..

What if you move hosue.. it can take up to a week here in the UK for your internet access to be moved to a new property.. so you move and your wtihout your xbox until you get the internet back up..

I know a guy in my local car club that moved house and when he tried to get a phone line run to the houe BT refused to do it as the telephone pole outside was bent to one sdie a bit.. they had to order a new one.. anyway to cut a long story short it took him about a year and a half before he got internet access.. So that would be a year and a half with what is basically a £400 door stop.. nice..

• marcuslmmarcuslm Member UncommonPosts: 263

I also can't believe Roku would release a device for watching movies that requires an internet connection to work. It's outrageous!

If you do not have an internet connection, then yes, indeed this device is not for you. Don't buy it. If you are like millions of others that do, then why complain about it? My internet connection is rarely down. If yours is down often, sounds like you need to be complaining about the company that provides your broadband, not MS.

I am more upset about the hefty $500 price tag than the box checking in every so often.

Originally posted by Nadia Originally posted by Caldrin The xbox one would become useless if they didnt have access to the net after 30 days.
    its 24 hours - not 30 days http://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/gadgets-and-tech/microsoft-confirms-xbox-one-will-have-24hour-offline-gaming-limit-8649310.html  
    OH holy crap...

Microsoft have gone full retard on this one..

What if you move hosue.. it can take up to a week here in the UK for your internet access to be moved to a new property.. so you move and your wtihout your xbox until you get the internet back up..

I know a guy in my local car club that moved house and when he tried to get a phone line run to the houe BT refused to do it as the telephone pole outside was bent to one sdie a bit.. they had to order a new one.. anyway to cut a long story short it took him about a year and a half before he got internet access.. So that would be a year and a half with what is basically a £400 door stop.. nice..

This console should have been called the: Xbox#dealwithit

• squalleonahasqualleonaha Member Posts: 211

Microsoft just forget that there is something out there call PS or NIN that doesnt required internet also.

maybe they'll love to keep all those Xbox one to play with employers on Break time

• rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722

I didn't think about that yet, but hackers are going to take the system down just to see what happens I'm sure.

hackers will have lots of fun with the xbox one around the world. In my native country the majority of xbox 360 users use hacked consoles because of the price of games over there (60 dollars is about 1/4 of the monthly salary of an average job there). NOw with the internet requirement of the xbox one it is a second shot in the head for them since the internet over there is not reliable in any part of the country, not even rich people have reliable connection there.

I dont support piracy here in the US, i purchase my games new whenever i can, but when i lived in my country i embraced it from every angle because i lived that nightmare that plagues a lot of third world countries. And just because im in the US now doesnt mean i have to swallow these companies excuses to get my money and still limit my control over the products i purchase. I will laugh when the xbox one gets hacked and say "MS, you asked for it".