Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Zenimax ESO official forum mod silencing the gaming community

Today is indeed a very sad day for all long term follower of ESO development . Any kind of decent or negative E3 feedbacks are getting locked, deleted in the official forum  http://forums.bethsoft.com/forum/190-elder-scrolls-online-general-discussion/  This eclipsed the infamous SWTOR mods. ZOS betrayed their fans with this sort of hard handed tactics. Come spring 2014,you are going to make all of us think twice about that $60 .

I can't help but think this has GW2 written all over it. Hype after hype when the game is no where near ready...

Now Playing: DARKFALL Unholy Wars "Return to Open World, Full Loot PvP, Conquest in a Sandbox MMO with player driven economy! Just like classic MMOs!"

Comments

• keithiankeithian Member UncommonPosts: 3,191
    [mod edit]. GW2 was quite polished at released so I have no idea what you are talking about. Second, yes, people are disappointed with the push back to 2014, but everyone would be more upset if they released a game unfinished, so they are doing the right thing, whats wrong with that? Next, I've been following those forums and yea, trolls attempts should be locked or those creating identical threads about the same topic. Finally who is hyping this? Its nowhere near the top of the Hype Meter so maybe you are hyping it to yourself? lol

There Is Always Hope!

• flizzerflizzer Member RarePosts: 2,454
    If this is as good as GW2 this game will be amazing. 
  • IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719

The horror! The horror!

There. Got the drama out of my system.

PS. Like the mod clearly says there:

"first, we are keeping discussion of ESO on consoles to one thread. Please feel free to find and use it for this discussion.

Next, had you used it you would know already that they will all be on their own megaservers."

Always a good idea to read the last post in a locked thread. 

The one that isn't locked and has as much griping about evil consoles as the threads here is... http://forums.bethsoft.com/topic/1462937-eso-coming-to-pc-mac-ps4-and-xbox-one/

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• ragz45ragz45 Member UncommonPosts: 810
    Originally posted by gamekid2k

Today is indeed a very sad day for all long term follower of ESO development . Any kind of decent or negative E3 feedbacks are getting locked, deleted in the official forum  http://forums.bethsoft.com/forum/190-elder-scrolls-online-general-discussion/  This eclipsed the infamous SWTOR mods. ZOS betrayed their fans with this sort of hard handed tactics. Come spring 2014,you are going to make all of us think twice about that $60 .

I can't help but think this has GW2 written all over it. Hype after hype when the game is no where near ready...

Maybe if you had said it reminded you of SWTOR deleting all negative posts, quashing all videos, and using a general gag order to keep the hype rolling.  When in reality the game was utter garbage.

Then I might have believed you, but GW2 was and still is quite a awesome game.  It's not a game for everyone, but it's an awesome game.

• zaylinzaylin Member UncommonPosts: 794

Actually maybe we as gamers should not be so quick to judge, honestly i just see a bunch of people  complaining and whining. I would shut the forums down too.  Its similar to when your wife is naging you (I love my wife, just an example) and you just want   to walk out of the room. The "Its never any good" feeling, Is what people are giving Developers, not just zenimax these days. 

• ZandilZandil Member UncommonPosts: 252
    It's there site they can do what they want with it, do what the rest of the MMO gamers do and come here and complain. 

• PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004
    Originally posted by zaylin

Actually maybe we as gamers should not be so quick to judge, honestly i just see a bunch of people  complaining and whining. I would shut the forums down too.  Its similar to when your wife is naging you (I love my wife, just an example) and you just want   to walk out of the room. The "Its never any good" feeling, Is what people are giving Developers, not just zenimax these days. 

Yup totally agree with you, its far easier these days just to tell people to shut up than actually deal with negative feedback, and how dare players have an opinion contrary to the one they think we should have, for shame.image

• keithiankeithian Member UncommonPosts: 3,191
    Originally posted by Phry
    Originally posted by zaylin

Yup totally agree with you, its far easier these days just to tell people to shut up than actually deal with negative feedback, and how dare players have an opinion contrary to the one they think we should have, for shame.image

Oh give me a freaken break. There is a difference between constructive feedback versus troll and duplicate posts which add zero value.

There Is Always Hope!

• zaylinzaylin Member UncommonPosts: 794
    Exactly Keithian, That was the word i think i was looking for though originally, Constructive Feed back :) would have been better than the wife example >.<
  • EntinerintEntinerint Member UncommonPosts: 868

They've been doing that since the announcement of the game over a year ago.

They will let people praise the crap out of it all over the place but if you want to complain, you'd better relegate it to a single thread so the devs don't get sad and/or don't see that the complaints are numerous.

Sad devs are sad, every time they announce something they think is great they get reamed by the community.

Except for first-person combat, that was the exception.

• timtracktimtrack Member UncommonPosts: 541

As i've said before - I feel sorry for game developers having to deal with us ungrateful whining brats on a daily basis. We have come to a point where we sit in the nest with our mouths open screaming for more than can be delivered. Gamers with no understanding what-so-ever of the complexity and development process of games, throwing their feces in the developers face before they get a chance to even react. Perspective and patience is lacking greatly.

As a developer, don't you dare show an early screenshot or video of your game that doesn't have 110% polish in graphics and mechanics - it will be doomed forever, so will the third-party game-engine you use.

"We are entitled to throw our feces at any developers we please, without consequence, and they should appreciate it"

- Gamer 2013

• RenoakuRenoaku Member EpicPosts: 3,157

I agree Lady Ice, or Summer whatever her name is is a poor excuse of a moderator and really I could careless if they existed on this plannet for all I care, I read some of the locked posts simply because of discussion on the game coming to Xbox One, and such.

With this said I believe ESO will be a failure of a game, and disappointment no better than DarkFall online, I want a free Trial Before I buy the game.

Also I don't know if ESO is still under NDA, but might be worth going to google and searching for gameplay videos and release of the game to see if it is worth even playing.

I want ESO to support Third Party Mods like Skyrim does aka add-on's from character skins and such.

I want ESO to feel like the original game series and Skyrim with replayability.

• RenoakuRenoaku Member EpicPosts: 3,157

After readying through more of the forum I found a rage posts along with a lot more locked threads, a lot of players I know I just talked to on Ventrilo are very upset about ESO's Moderation at the moment when I pointed out all the locked topics.

As for players always Complain about games, Yes a lot of players actually complain but do devs really ever listen no ESO needs to be a unique game but more than likely will be some watered down game no better than TERA, I love Skyrim, but dount I will like ESO at all based on what I have seen in videos the Character models I have to agree just don't look that great at all I know a few others who also complain about this too and this is mainly why I hope that the game will support add-on's for the game on release that allow customization of character models and skins.

But will the moderators listen over there and support free speech and discussion I doubt it bethsoft just isn't a good company they always have bad moderation.

• MyTabbycatMyTabbycat Member UncommonPosts: 316

As someone else pointed out, they try to keep it all in one topic so you don't have 20 different open threads floating around basically saying the same thing. Are they upset that they started a thread that was closed because there were ten more just like it?

I've always found the Bethesda mods to be rather relaxed compared to say GW2 mods for example.

• BetaguyBetaguy Member UncommonPosts: 2,629

You're on your own bub, I can't wait for ESO, going to be kickass fun for 60 bucks.  Your loss no one else's.

"The King and the Pawn return to the same box at the end of the game"

• gamekid2kgamekid2k Member Posts: 360
    Originally posted by MyTabbycat

As someone else pointed out, they try to keep it all in one topic so you don't have 20 different open threads floating around basically saying the same thing. Are they upset that they started a thread that was closed because there were ten more just like it?

I've always found the Bethesda mods to be rather relaxed compared to say GW2 mods for example.

In the name of merging they are actually obfuscating all the negative feedback from E3.  There are more then one issue (console).  But ZoS doesn't want to listen.  So be it.  There is always f2p :-)

Now Playing: DARKFALL Unholy Wars "Return to Open World, Full Loot PvP, Conquest in a Sandbox MMO with player driven economy! Just like classic MMOs!"

• Whiskey_SamWhiskey_Sam Member UncommonPosts: 323
    If you think their moderation is harsh now, you should have seen the shit storm when Skyrim was fundamentally broken on PS3 for months.

• ComafComaf Member UncommonPosts: 1,150

And what lackluster IP do you work for that you have to come here to troll a true mmoRPG tthat you KNOW will force the typical 5 class race beating each other up on a kiddy playground, to raise their standards, and to no longer treat their community like 1st graders - or risk being clearly seen as being sub par by even the most stoned and mentally depraved gamers?

There, I said it. 

• ShakyMoShakyMo Member CommonPosts: 7,207
    I'm just going off the "true tes fans" on here.

Most of them no bugger all about tes.

Lots of them seem to be worried gw2 fanbois concerned TESO will take people from their game.

Lots of them make all these "do this for the true tes fans" threads, where the things they want them to do are pure wow.
  • gamekid2kgamekid2k Member Posts: 360
    Anybody who has been following ESO development would know that ZOS took a very sharp turn.  During the process they blow up the tires, took out few pedestrian and now they are heading to hit grandmas mail box. 

• IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    Anybody who has been following ESO development would know that ZOS took a very sharp turn.  During the process they blow up the tires, took out few pedestrian and now they are heading to hit grandmas mail box. 

Could you be any more melodramatic? Which was the event you describe as "a sharp turn?" Which was the one you describe "blow up the tires?" How about the one you describe as "hitting grandmas mailbox?"

I am in that "anybody who has been following ESO development" group and none of your hyperbole is ringing a bell.

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• QallidexzQallidexz Member Posts: 253
    Originally posted by Iselin

Could you be any more melodramatic? Which was the event you describe as "a sharp turn?" Which was the one you describe "blow up the tires?" How about the one you describe as "hitting grandmas mailbox?"

I am in that "anybody who has been following ESO development" group and none of your hyperbole is ringing a bell.

If you don't know the answers to these questions, then you haven't been following ZOS's development... srysly. And yea, from an MMO-gaming standpoint, taking out pedestrians is sort of the equivalent of what they've been doing. lol 

• DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183
    Originally posted by Entinerint

They've been doing that since the announcement of the game over a year ago.

They will let people praise the crap out of it all over the place but if you want to complain, you'd better relegate it to a single thread so the devs don't get sad and/or don't see that the complaints are numerous.

Sad devs are sad, every time they announce something they think is great they get reamed by the community.

Except for first-person combat, that was the exception.

Which company doesn't do this? This thread exists for every game in existence. "They don't listen!" and "they shut us down!"...

Doesn't matter what the quality, stage of development, etc.. for a game, you always find these threads on sites like this. Yet every issue that has supposedly been shut down, more often than not, can be found in a very busy thread on the first page.

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

• baphametbaphamet Member RarePosts: 3,311

Originally posted by Renoaku
    I agree Lady Ice, or Summer whatever her name is is a poor excuse of a moderator and really I could careless if they existed on this plannet for all I care, I read some of the locked posts simply because of discussion on the game coming to Xbox One, and such.With this said I believe ESO will be a failure of a game, and disappointment no better than DarkFall online, I want a free Trial Before I buy the game.Also I don't know if ESO is still under NDA, but might be worth going to google and searching for gameplay videos and release of the game to see if it is worth even playing.I want ESO to support Third Party Mods like Skyrim does aka add-on's from character skins and such.I want ESO to feel like the original game series and Skyrim with replayability.

wow some people take gaming and posting on forums way too serious.

you do realize that whatever moderator you are talking about (i have no idea who that is) is just doing their job, right?

isn't that what this website is for? so you can complain endlessly about whatever game you want?

but don't let me get in your way from wishing death upon a forum mod because they don't let you say what you want on a message board, that isn't selfish at all!

please don't play eso, i don't want to be stuck in a gaming community with people like you, thanks!

• QallidexzQallidexz Member Posts: 253
    Originally posted by baphamet

Originally posted by Renoaku
    I agree Lady Ice, or Summer whatever her name is is a poor excuse of a moderator and really I could careless if they existed on this plannet for all I care, I read some of the locked posts simply because of discussion on the game coming to Xbox One, and such.

With this said I believe ESO will be a failure of a game, and disappointment no better than DarkFall online, I want a free Trial Before I buy the game.

Also I don't know if ESO is still under NDA, but might be worth going to google and searching for gameplay videos and release of the game to see if it is worth even playing.

I want ESO to support Third Party Mods like Skyrim does aka add-on's from character skins and such.

I want ESO to feel like the original game series and Skyrim with replayability.

wow some people take gaming and posting on forums way too serious.

People take bashing people who take gaming and forum posting srysly way too seriously...

This discussion has been closed.