Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

ESO on PS4 LOL!!!!! ahahahhahahahahaha

Comments

• IridescentOrkIridescentOrk Member Posts: 157
    awwwwww, some PC gamers feel they are so special; it's just a game; you sit down, eat and fart while u play video games, there is no difference with teso

gameplay > graphics

• tokinitokini Member UncommonPosts: 372
    ahem "How now brown cow"
  • sonicbrewsonicbrew Member UncommonPosts: 515
    Originally posted by Agoden
    Originally posted by Heafstagg

What's the big deal about this? If you don't like it, you don't have to buy it? Does it affect the PC version? Are you laughing because you're happy? Are you laughing in jest?

Yes it will, It'll be dumbed down to work with a controller.

Yes because all the current MMO's from the last 5 years are oozing with creativity and intelligence <facepalm>

“Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go back in the same box.” ~ Italian proverb   

• BeansnBreadBeansnBread Member EpicPosts: 7,254
    Originally posted by sonicbrew

What's the big deal about this? If you don't like it, you don't have to buy it? Does it affect the PC version? Are you laughing because you're happy? Are you laughing in jest?

Yes because all the current MMO's from the last 5 years are oozing with creativity and intelligence

There are like 10 of these arguments in this thread. Are you trying to say that ESO is above all that? Because it looks like you are saying that you think that it's ok if this game lacks creativity and intelligence because all the other lack it as well.

Originally posted by colddog04

Yes because all the current MMO's from the last 5 years are oozing with creativity and intelligence

There are like 10 of these arguments in this thread. Are you trying to say that ESO is above all that? Because it looks like you are saying that you think that it's ok if this game lacks creativity and intelligence because all the other lack it as well.

EDIT: multitasking with a 5 yearold. that's exactly what I am saying. They have all lacked and gaming in general has been dumbed down.

“Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go back in the same box.” ~ Italian proverb   

• BeansnBreadBeansnBread Member EpicPosts: 7,254

That's what you got from that seriously?

Yeah, seriously. It looked like you were trying to be sarcastic and in the process just ended up looking like you were willing to accept mediocrity because other games are mediocre in your opinion.

That's what you got from that seriously?

Yeah, seriously. It looked like you were trying to be sarcastic and in the process just ended up looking like you were willing to accept mediocrity because other games are mediocre in your opinion.

EDIT: multitasking with a 5 year old.  That's exactly what I am saying. They have all lacked and gaming in general has been dumbed down. It's far from what it used to be and its only going to get worse.

• ElRenmazuoElRenmazuo Member RarePosts: 5,361

I mean if you want to see creativity look at The Division mmorpg gameplay trailer thats on PS4.  With the keyboard and mouse, almsot every single AAA mmo used the same exact gameplay since WoW which is tab target auto attack, static combat, repetitive hotbar mashing with dumb A.I. And a interface that sometimes can look like a airplane cockpit.  So far GW2 seems to have had the most success out of all the mmos after WoW and GW2 can be played with a gamepad.

Also http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hPogSTwUREM rewind to 1:06 where Final Fantasy Reborn Ifrit fight is...since this is a crossplatform shared server mmo what in this PC gameplay of the game you consider is dumbed down because of the gamepad?

In my opinion the keyboard and mouse are making the devs have less creativity and more lazy.  Because having more buttons doesnt equal more complexity.

• FlawSGIFlawSGI Member UncommonPosts: 1,379
    Originally posted by Doomedfox

Maybe you need to connect a keyboard and mouse to the PS4?

I admit its unlikely but possible.

I played FFXI on my PS2 and I had a keyboard for it so it's not as far fetched as you think. When I bought the game later for PC, I actually preferred my controller over the mouse. 

RIP Jimmy "The Rev" Sullivan and Paul Gray.

Originally posted by FlawSGI
    Originally posted by Doomedfox

Maybe you need to connect a keyboard and mouse to the PS4?

I admit its unlikely but possible.

I played FFXI on my PS2 and I had a keyboard for it so it's not as far fetched as you think. When I bought the game later for PC, I actually preferred my controller over the mouse. 

same here i used keyboard on 360 to chat in FF11.

• neroistneroist Member Posts: 24
    I bet they're are delaying it so they can dumb it down to run on AMD's Jagaur APU that runs at 1.8Hz a core. AMD just released a better APU meant for mini ITX that runs 5Hz a core for $130. "Next Gen" consoles run on a $90ish  8 core 1.8 Hz per core APU.... yeah it's getting dumbed down for "next gen" consoles.
    Originally posted by neroist
    I bet they're are delaying it so they can dumb it down to run on AMD's Jagaur APU that runs at 1.8Hz a core. AMD just released a better APU meant for mini ITX that runs 5Hz a core for $130. "Next Gen" consoles run on a $90ish  8 core 1.8 Hz per core APU.... yeah it's getting dumbed down for "next gen" consoles.

PS4 can run Planetside 2

• MMOExposedMMOExposed Member RarePosts: 7,387
    Originally posted by angerbeaver
    Originally posted by Qallidexz
    Originally posted by Punk999
    As if every other ES game has not been dumb down for the controller? Not seeing the issue here..

Hey Guys, ESO will be released for XBox One and PS4!!!  :D 

Is this real? Did she really say an Elephant is larger than the moon or is it photoshop/fake?

Not its not real.

think about it for a moment

http://www.hoax-slayer.com/elephant-moon-quiz-question.shtml

Philosophy of MMO Game Design

• NexusCZNexusCZ Member UncommonPosts: 56

Skyrim and oblivion? are you fucking kiding me compare the gui and controls with morrowind 

i hope every fucking stupid 5year americano with his 3 button console rot in hell

i should be developing consoles and games for usa soils

1 box, 1 game and 1 Iwin button that would sell best here

• BadOrbBadOrb Member UncommonPosts: 791
    Originally posted by baphamet

Originally posted by Blazeyer

Originally posted by Heafstagg What's the big deal about this? If you don't like it, you don't have to buy it? Does it affect the PC version? Are you laughing because you're happy? Are you laughing in jest?
    Oh yes. It must be impossible to have 2 ways of options for controls on a game /eyeroll.
    It's not that It's impossible, It's that plenty of games have totally fucked it up in the past.

For example skyrims crappy console interface, that lucky PC players could mod out.

there will be UI mods in TESO as well i believe.

Why do you believe that? Have they said anything about it at all or are you just hoping?

He is correct quote and link below

Skyrim PC community is silly with mods. Is that something that’s going to factor into the MMO?

I think the mod community is amazing for Skyrim. Since a lot of people look at the UI as something they want to mod we’ve added LUA functionality for modding the UI in the game so it will be available to PC and Mac players.

Read more on TESO Elite: http://www.tesoelite.com/2013/06/e3-eso-coverage-gamespot/#ixzz2WJLafazh

As to the PC and Console MMO arguments then PSO was on the Dreamcast alooooooong time ago 2000 in the West with a keyboard and won countless BAFTA awards. Also yes PSU , EQOA and the FF game. All great with keyboards and a controller. I still use a controller for SWTOR. It's a dumb argument and pointless. I'm just happy that finally after years of doing not much ( DCUO an exemption and recently Defiance) console dev's are waking up , it wasn't rocket science just lazy silly dev's and business people in suits.

Cheers,

BadOrb.

PSO 4 years , EQOA 4 months , PSU 7 years , SWTOR launch ongoing , PSO2 SEA launch ongoing , Destiny 360 launch ongoing.
    "SWG was not fun. Let it go buddy." quote from iiNoSkillzii 10/18/13
    The original propoganda pixie dust villain :[]

• MaelwyddMaelwydd Member Posts: 1,123

For those arguing about using K+M on a console ask yourself this.

If a console by default comes with a controller and you have to spend extra money to purchase a K+M do you think developers of console games design games for use with a controller or a K+M?

You design to the lowest common component. On a PC it is the K+M. On a console it is the controller. The controller has far fewer options, cannot be used to type text to socialize and generally has fewer options in terms of design usage. Sure console users 'could' have a K+M but not all do. Hence the game by necessity has to be simpler so that the UI works for a console.

That is the problem with designing cross platform. It isn't rocket science so anyone who doesn't get why designing cross platform is bad for MMO design is probably just dumb.

• Brabbit1987Brabbit1987 Member UncommonPosts: 782
    Originally posted by Maelwydd

If a console by default comes with a controller and you have to spend extra money to purchase a K+M do you think developers of console games design games for use with a controller or a K+M?

You design to the lowest common component. On a PC it is the K+M. On a console it is the controller. The controller has far fewer options, cannot be used to type text to socialize and generally has fewer options in terms of design usage. Sure console users 'could' have a K+M but not all do. Hence the game by necessity has to be simpler so that the UI works for a console.

That is the problem with designing cross platform. It isn't rocket science so anyone who doesn't get why designing cross platform is bad for MMO design is probably just dumb.

Unless you learn to read and do research. You would know they designed it for the PC first and they are not dumbing the pc version down, they are simply dumbing the console version down. They said something about simple chat menus for the console version. Example: open chat menu and select "Want to join my party?" from a list of other messages. Not sure if this is the idea they are going to actually use, but at least we know they are not changing the PC version and instead they are going to use separate UI for the console and pc.

In normal cases you would be correct, but as of right now you are wrong and only making yourself look dumb instead. I really am surprised you didn't watch the interviews about ESO at E3 considering they are all over youtube. Funny thing is if people actually learned to do their research first they wouldn't even be worried about this one bit since they already went over this.

• mari3kmari3k Member Posts: 135

great that its comming to ps4.

Step in the arena and break the wall down

• BadOrbBadOrb Member UncommonPosts: 791
    Originally posted by Brabbit1987
    Originally posted by Maelwydd

Unless you learn to read and do research. You would know they designed it for the PC first and they are not dumbing the pc version down, they are simply dumbing the console version down. They said something about simple chat menus for the console version. Example: open chat menu and select "Want to join my party?" from a list of other messages. Not sure if this is the idea they are going to actually use, but at least we know they are not changing the PC version and instead they are going to use separate UI for the console and pc.

In normal cases you would be correct, but as of right now you are wrong and only making yourself look dumb instead. I really am surprised you didn't watch the interviews about ESO at E3 considering they are all over youtube. Funny thing is if people actually learned to do their research first they wouldn't even be worried about this one bit since they already went over this.

i would just like to add that all consoles since the Dreamcast ( and possibly before ) can use a keyboard and recent consoles all use headsets. So they design for keyboard and controller in mind and now with voice chat.

Cheers,

BadOrb.

PSO 4 years , EQOA 4 months , PSU 7 years , SWTOR launch ongoing , PSO2 SEA launch ongoing , Destiny 360 launch ongoing.
    "SWG was not fun. Let it go buddy." quote from iiNoSkillzii 10/18/13
    The original propoganda pixie dust villain :[]

• Brabbit1987Brabbit1987 Member UncommonPosts: 782
    i would just like to add that all consoles since the Dreamcast ( and possibly before ) can use a keyboard and recent consoles all use headsets. So they design for keyboard and controller in mind and now with voice chat.

Cheers,

BadOrb.

Yep, this is most certainly true as well.

• IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    Originally posted by Brabbit1987

Cheers,

BadOrb.

Yep, this is most certainly true as well.

Voice chat has become much more common even in PC-only MMOs. Many guilds use it as the default social chat method. MMOers not using voice miss out on a lot. Neither the consoles nor the newer ram heavy PCs with a 64 bit OS using broadband, suffer much of a technical penalty using voice chat. That was not the case before but now there's very little reason not to use it. Still, it'll be a while before it's required. Some sort of text input is still needed. I wonder how much overhead speech to text conversion would require?

Other than that, I for one can move better with mouse + WASD. But that might just be a matter of what I'm used to for MMOs. I certainly have no problem moving with PS4 controller only when I play NHL 2013, FIFA or Madden.

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• crazynannycrazynanny Member Posts: 173

Reading about console MMOs brings back the horror of FFXIV back for me, which failed so badly, that's beyond redemption on PC.

Also issue with consoles is mainly with PvP. How to make console player using controller as "fast" as PC player using k&m? Here comes the famous microsoft study where they brought together the best console gamers to play mediocre PC gamers at the same game and results were extremely poor for console guys. Granted it was about FPS shooters, but still PvP in MMOs is quite dynamic.

Of course they can have console only servers and PC only servers. I guess PvE can be designed not too favor PC too much.
    I'd rather force console people to get k&m and have a way bigger population and no hurdles for PvE design, but console folks are quite conservative consumer, so I doubt it. We'll see how they do it but I'm not really optimistic about the result.

• NexusCZNexusCZ Member UncommonPosts: 56

OFC these consoles will soon be with not 3 buttons but only with one you press and you win game button, thats what these kids want these days :D i lost hope for this game just look at the ui its same shit like in skyrim console ui on pc game compare that utter useless crap with great customizable morrowind ui

• HokieHokie Member UncommonPosts: 1,063
    Originally posted by ZombieKen
    I don't see how this is a surprise.  TES console numbers dwarfed the PC from what I've heard.

This is true.

And then what I heard is that to this day Skyrim is still selling decent on the PC. While sales for the console have almost dried up.

And when they are added up PC sales have almost overtaken the total number of console sales, and are then expected to do so within the year, and eventually to surpass it.

Skyrim will continue to make PC sales probably for the next two plus years. And if Bethesda decides to do and official graphics/gameplay up-date four years from now and offer it on Steam for $19.99 they'll sell another 50k+ easy.

The console market doesnt have that long term income flow potential like the PC market does.

Consoles are great for a burst of cash income (the hare), but in the long run its the PC (the tortoise) that generates the most profits in the end.

"I understand that if I hear any more words come pouring out of your **** mouth, Ill have to eat every fucking chicken in this room."

• IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    Originally posted by Hokie
    Originally posted by ZombieKen
    I don't see how this is a surprise.  TES console numbers dwarfed the PC from what I've heard.

This is true.

And then what I heard is that to this day Skyrim is still selling decent on the PC. While sales for the console have almost dried up.

And when they are added up PC sales have almost overtaken the total number of console sales, and are then expected to do so within the year, and eventually to surpass it.

Skyrim will continue to make PC sales probably for the next two plus years. And if Bethesda decides to do and official graphics/gameplay up-date four years from now and offer it on Steam for $19.99 they'll sell another 50k+ easy.

The console market doesnt have that long term income flow potential like the PC market does.

Consoles are great for a burst of cash income (the hare), but in the long run its the PC (the tortoise) that generates the most profits in the end.

For single player games it's not surprising. Games on Steam, including Skyrim go on sale all the time for ridiculously low prices. You can get it there right now for $30 or $60 for the legendary edition will all xpacs.

EB, for once, is discounting it at the same price for PC and consoles for $36. But look at the redlined "before" price: PC $49, consoles $59. Look at the legendary edition: PC $48, consoles $68. https://www.ebgames.com.au/any/any?q=The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

There's a reason why the PC has been catching up: we can get it without feeling ripped off.

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED