Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

ESO on PS4 LOL!!!!! ahahahhahahahahaha

Comments

• maskedweaselmaskedweasel Member LegendaryPosts: 12,180
    Originally posted by jtcgs
    Originally posted by nerovipus32
    Yes OP! Elder scrolls online is on consoles just like morrowind, oblivion and skyrim.

Yep, not unexpected for this development team to bring TESO to the consoles where all the TES players are...that don't play MMOs...as can be plainly seen by the complete lack of big selling console MMO games.

TES = SPRG and big on both the consoles and PC

MMORPGs = low sellers on consoles because most console players don't play them

So yeah, the move fits in with the rest of their ideas, disconnected from reality showing a complete lack of understanding of not only their target audience, but the genre as a whole.

Where are your numbers on console MMOs?  What MMO's sell poorly on consoles?  What MMO's are on consoles?

On the contrary, most of the time the console version of MMO's exceed and often times outlast the PC versions.  FFXI and PSU are good examples of this.  Even DCUO is a prime example, and is probably one of the main reasons the PS3 and PS4 has been at the forefront of console MMOS.  

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/7.382410-DC-Universe-Online-Players-Flock-to-PS3

• itbewillyitbewilly Member UncommonPosts: 351
    Originally posted by maskedweasel
    Yes OP! Elder scrolls online is on consoles just like morrowind, oblivion and skyrim.

Yep, not unexpected for this development team to bring TESO to the consoles where all the TES players are...that don't play MMOs...as can be plainly seen by the complete lack of big selling console MMO games.

So yeah, the move fits in with the rest of their ideas, disconnected from reality showing a complete lack of understanding of not only their target audience, but the genre as a whole.

Where are your numbers on console MMOs?  What MMO's sell poorly on consoles?  What MMO's are on consoles?

On the contrary, most of the time the console version of MMO's exceed and often times outlast the PC versions.  FFXI and PSU are good examples of this.  Even DCUO is a prime example, and is probably one of the main reasons the PS3 and PS4 has been at the forefront of console MMOS.  

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/7.382410-DC-Universe-Online-Players-Flock-to-PS3

Dont forget EQOA. It ran from before World of Warcraft came out 2003 until just as recently as 2-3 years ago and it was on playstation 2. Would SoE leave a game on last gen consoles running that long if it wasn't making them some kind of money? If a game on a dated console like PS2 can live years into the next consoles life span imagine how good an mmo would be on these next gem machines with specs comparable to some pc computers.

• ThorqemadaThorqemada Member UncommonPosts: 1,282

They try to save their Investment.

"Torquemada... do not implore him for compassion. Torquemada... do not beg him for forgiveness. Torquemada... do not ask him for mercy. Let's face it, you can't Torquemada anything!"

MWO Music Video - What does the Mech say: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FF6HYNqCDLI
    Johnny Cash - The Man Comes Around: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0x2iwK0BKM

• IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719

Exactly right. Some people are slow to change and big upcoming changes just pass them by. MMOs - plural - will be coming to the new consoles in droves. As a matter of fact, I'd be amazed if EQ Next doesn't also.

MMOs on consoles will be the big MMO story of 2014.

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• jtcgsjtcgs Member Posts: 1,777

Wait, first you ask what MMOs are on consoles and then you point out MMOs on consoles?!?

1. WoW sold more copies on the PC than all of those MMOs on the consoles COMBINED.

2. DCUO went F2P because of FAILING TO DO WELL. Its a bad MMO, it didn't even sell well on the consoles where it has more players.

3. FFXI and PSU sold almost all of its copies in JAPAN where there is no line drawn on PC/Console games...and also a  place where TES games are NOT popular.

Not one console based MMO sold near where the top PC MMOs sit which is the point I was making.

The console is not the place to target MMO players any more than the PC is the place to target twitch gamers.

“I hope we shall crush...in its birth the aristocracy of our moneyed corporations, which dare already to challenge our government to a trial of strength and bid defiance to the laws of our country." ~Thomes Jefferson

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,003
    Originally posted by rojo6934
    Originally posted by Agoden
    Originally posted by Heafstagg

Does it affect the PC version?

Yes it will, It'll be dumbed down to work with a controller.

ill play it on PC WITH a controller even if it was PC exclusive, so i dont see whats the problem there.

Additionally, Dark Messiah has arguably one of the best combat systems (I loved it) and it was for console as well as PC.

It doesn't have to be "dumb".

er "edit" doesn't mean that ESO's combat will be like Dark Messiah's. Because it won't.

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 

Wait, first you ask what MMOs are on consoles and then you point out MMOs on consoles?!?

1. WoW sold more copies on the PC than all of those MMOs on the consoles COMBINED.

2. DCUO went F2P because of FAILING TO DO WELL. Its a bad MMO, it didn't even sell well on the consoles where it has more players.

3. FFXI and PSU sold almost all of its copies in JAPAN where there is no line drawn on PC/Console games...and also a  place where TES games are NOT popular.

Not one console based MMO sold near where the top PC MMOs sit which is the point I was making.

The console is not the place to target MMO players any more than the PC is the place to target twitch gamers.

I named just a few because I've played many if the Console MMOs.  PSU actually shut down on PC but continued to run on the Console version for more than a year after. 

DCUO isn't a bad game.  As stated from the link its revenues jumped quite a bit when it went F2P, and I currently play it on PC and the servers are always high and are often phased.  As per the link the PS3 version is around 70% of the population.  Most MMOs would beg for consistently full servers.

WoW is a single game that hasn't been matched in sales by most MMOs on PC either... so thats kind of a poor example but, free realms which is PC and PS3 has been slated to have over 20 million players between both console and PC with numbers jumping over 3 million after the Console Release  http://massively.joystiq.com/2011/10/20/free-realms-clocks-20-million-players-over-two-and-a-half-years/  

Heres another idea,  if Console numbers were so poor for Console MMOs, why are companies like CCP, Bethesda and Sony creating MMOs for Consoles?  Its been proven theres a good revenue stream to be had here, and I've already proven that Console MMOs have been just as profitable if not moreso than their PC counterparts.

• itbewillyitbewilly Member UncommonPosts: 351

EQOA an mmo for ps2 outlived quite a few mmos for pc. Lets not pick and choose which game we want to use to reinforce our opinion on console mmos. EQOA lasted  all those years on a old outdated console. If you put a game like EQOA on a new console with updated graphics and modern mmo features it would out-earn any mmo outside of WoW for pc with ease.

Add up any 3 of the next 10 popular mmos from pc and im sure WoW almost surely out-earns them also monthly,yearly,etc.To be honest i only know of 3-4 mmos for consoles. Two of these were released around the same time as WoW(early 2000) I bet if you compare numbers EQOA and Final Fantasy for the playstation 2 pulled in to other pc mmos in its time they had equal or better sub numbers than any of them but WoW. 

• DoomedfoxDoomedfox Member UncommonPosts: 679

What's the big deal about this? If you don't like it, you don't have to buy it? Does it affect the PC version? Are you laughing because you're happy? Are you laughing in jest?

Maybe you need to connect a keyboard and mouse to the PS4?

I admit its unlikely but possible.

• ShakyMoShakyMo Member CommonPosts: 7,207
    I'm going to piss myself laughing when gw2 gets a ps4 port.

It's funny the same old gw2 fanbois on this thread finding this hilarious.

WoW is a single game that hasn't been matched in sales by most MMOs on PC either... so thats kind of a poor example but, free realms which is PC and PS3 has been slated to have over 20 million players between both console and PC with numbers jumping over 3 million after the Console Release  http://massively.joystiq.com/2011/10/20/free-realms-clocks-20-million-players-over-two-and-a-half-years/ 

OK....

Guild Wars 1 had over 6 million in sales, more than any of those console MMOs combined, even with free realms 3 million which BTW, leaves 17 million PC players which is even higher than WoWs proving you double wrong for using it as an example of WoW being the SINGLE game.

Seriously?

It doesn't matter, TES console players are SRPGers, not MMO players. Sure, SOME of them are. Some. But how many PC MMO players which make up the MAJORITY of MMO players are going to be further pushed away from this? Well, not like the developers were targeting them either with their DaoC design anyway so I guess yet another derp design strategy will hurt.

“I hope we shall crush...in its birth the aristocracy of our moneyed corporations, which dare already to challenge our government to a trial of strength and bid defiance to the laws of our country." ~Thomes Jefferson

Originally posted by ShakyMo
    I'm going to piss myself laughing when gw2 gets a ps4 port.

It's funny the same old gw2 fanbois on this thread finding this hilarious.

That's true, because porting a game long after release is the same as designing it for consoles! LOLLILLYLOLLY!

• ComanComan Member UncommonPosts: 2,178

So ESO is going to be dumbed down and suck because of this, yet other ES games where still epic and awesome even though they had been released on the consoles as well.

Great logic!

• BeansnBreadBeansnBread Member EpicPosts: 7,254
    Originally posted by baphamet

http://www.gamefront.com/elder-scrolls-online-to-support-player-made-add-ons/

cant seem to find the exact quote from a dev confirming it but i have read this all over the place.

That's awesome news and pretty much alleviates any and all worries that I would have about the UI on the PC version.

• ElRenmazuoElRenmazuo Member RarePosts: 5,361

What's the big deal about this? If you don't like it, you don't have to buy it? Does it affect the PC version? Are you laughing because you're happy? Are you laughing in jest?

mmorpgs already have dumbed down gameplay on PCs, tab targeting spamming 123456 standing in front of a mob in static combat with shitty animations.  With a interface that looks like a airplane cockpit

• achesomaachesoma Member RarePosts: 1,726
    As if I needed any other reason to lose faith in this game.  Oh well.  My expectations were low anyway.  No wonder they've been working so hard to hide footage on this game.
    Preaching Pantheon to People at PAX  PAX East 2018 Day 4 - YouTube
    Originally posted by Coman

So ESO is going to be dumbed down and suck because of this, yet other ES games where still epic and awesome even though they had been released on the consoles as well.

Great logic!

Because single player RPGs are exactly the same as MMOs.

Great logic!

• CrazKanukCrazKanuk Member EpicPosts: 6,130
    Originally posted by Battlerock

E3 right now !!! ESO on PS4

hwhat Now what Brown Cow?

Well we can at least be thankful that none of the other Elder Scrolls games came out on console..........

Crazkanuk

----------------
    Azarelos - 90 Hunter - Emerald
    Durnzig - 90 Paladin - Emerald
    Demonicron - 90 Death Knight - Emerald Dream - US
    Tankinpain - 90 Monk - Azjol-Nerub - US
    Brindell - 90 Warrior - Emerald Dream - US
    ----------------

• CthulhuPuffsCthulhuPuffs Member UncommonPosts: 368
    We should have seen this all along. TES showed what it was going to be when the Exclusive Announcement was made in Game Informer (a console focused "mainstream" gaming magazine) and MMO sites where largly ignored for quiet some time. If anything that is a good indicator of where the Devs focus for this game was going to be targeted.

Bringer of Eternal Darkness and Despair, but also a Nutritious way to start your Morning.

Games Played: Too Many

• baphametbaphamet Member RarePosts: 3,311

Originally posted by nerovipus32 Yes OP! Elder scrolls online is on consoles just like morrowind, oblivion and skyrim.

they want to make money and this game will sell millions of copies on the consoles, makes perfect sense from a business standpoint.

the vast majority of ES fans play on consoles yet you think its a bad idea for them to want to release ESO on consoles?

this game will play like a single player game and have multiplayer options, as well as have massive pvp battles.

i bet it will do quite well compared to mmo's that are strictly for pc only.

especially if it is B2P which is looking like that could be the model.

not sure why this is a bad thing unless you are a PC elitist, which case it sucks to be you.

OK....

Guild Wars 1 had over 6 million in sales, more than any of those console MMOs combined, even with free realms 3 million which BTW, leaves 17 million PC players which is even higher than WoWs proving you double wrong for using it as an example of WoW being the SINGLE game.

Seriously?

It doesn't matter, TES console players are SRPGers, not MMO players. Sure, SOME of them are. Some. But how many PC MMO players which make up the MAJORITY of MMO players are going to be further pushed away from this? Well, not like the developers were targeting them either with their DaoC design anyway so I guess yet another derp design strategy will hurt.

The numbers I gave you for Free Realms were nearly 2 years old, and that was only a few months after the launch of free realms on the PS3.  I'm sure if I spent enough time looking I could find updated numbers somewhere, but I'm really not going to bother because my point has been made clearly by the large influx of MMOs being made for consoles.

As for Guild Wars 1... that 6 million sales was across ALL expansions.  Even bundled expansions... which meant if I bought a bundle pack, that constituted a full 4 purchases.  and at the end of the day that means virtually nothing when comparing that to a game that is free to play.   The information you've given doesn't match... Console MMOs are just on the rise.

As for TES,  the single player ES players, like myself, can also be MMO players as well... so if you believe there is no overlap you're sorely mistaken.  Take a poll on this site on how many people have played TES.. any and/or all of them,  and you'll find that most of us have, because on top of being MMO gamers, we are at our base, gamers who enjoy playing lots of different games.

Long story short, I'll be buying TESO either way,  and while theres a good chance I'll be buying either on the PC or PS4 (whichever is cheaper or has better deals)  I'll enjoy it either way.

• Soull85Soull85 Member UncommonPosts: 15
    Originally posted by Battlerock

E3 right now !!! ESO on PS4

hwhat Now what Brown Cow?

this was the song at the ps4 release https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=ktvTqknDobU

u can get the subtle message i guess :D

• angerbeaverangerbeaver Member UncommonPosts: 1,259
    Originally posted by Qallidexz
    Originally posted by Punk999
    As if every other ES game has not been dumb down for the controller? Not seeing the issue here..

Hey Guys, ESO will be released for XBox One and PS4!!!  :D 

Is this real? Did she really say an Elephant is larger than the moon or is it photoshop/fake?

• Soull85Soull85 Member UncommonPosts: 15
    it's real :D
  • BeansnBreadBeansnBread Member EpicPosts: 7,254
    Originally posted by angerbeaver
    Originally posted by Qallidexz
    Originally posted by Punk999
    As if every other ES game has not been dumb down for the controller? Not seeing the issue here..

Hey Guys, ESO will be released for XBox One and PS4!!!  :D 

Is this real? Did she really say an Elephant is larger than the moon or is it photoshop/fake?

The worst part about it is that she apparently had to take her 50/50.