Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Which Gaming Platform Will You Choose?

TheLizardbonesTheLizardbones Member CommonPosts: 10,910

Simple enough question. All the relevant information is out there now, what will you choose?

Xbox means buying a new Xbox One.
PS4 means buying a new PS4.
PC means buying a new PC for gaming.

If you're including a Wii U or buying one, put it in the comments.

I can not remember winning or losing a single debate on the internet.

Comments

• TheLizardbonesTheLizardbones Member CommonPosts: 10,910

I selected PS4, because it's focused on gaming, the PS+ membership seems reasonable, and if I have the PS4, I'd be a lot less likely to upgrade my PC.

• Soki123Soki123 Member RarePosts: 2,558
    I picked PS4 and PC, if the PS4 can offer me the games I want , I won t use my PC much I guess, but like it there.
  • GrayGhost79GrayGhost79 Member UncommonPosts: 4,775

I picked PS4 + PC. 

I'm debating on the Wii U... but only because of Zelda. It really comes down to this question...

"Do I want to play Zelda bad enough to spend that much money on it?" 

When I can finally answer that question I'll know if I will buy a Wii U or not. 

• CaldrinCaldrin Member UncommonPosts: 4,505

PC only for me..

If for some silly reason i was forced to have a console as well it would be the PS4 hands down.

• VeldekarVeldekar Member Posts: 220

For me it was a toss-up between PC and Muffins, so to stay on-topic I went with PC.

I own an Xbox 360 that I played for about 2 hours and then shoved it in a closet. I just don't care for consoles.

Originally posted by Veldekar
    For me it was a toss-up between PC and Muffins, so to stay on-topic I went with PC.I own an Xbox 360 that I played for about 2 hours and then shoved it in a closet. I just don't care for consoles.

Muffins is never a bad choice.

• ShakyMoShakyMo Member CommonPosts: 7,207
    Stick with pc.

Might switch to Linux when it takes off as a gaming platform. Which it will.

Android - basicly a flavour of nix
    Ios - ditto
    Ps4 - ditto
    Google tv - ditto
    Steam box - ditto.

Microsoft have shot themselves in the foot with xbone and win 8. They are the new IBM, giant already Indecline.

Various favours of Unix will be the future of gaming. Likes of valve, Apple and Google will get behind open gl, microsofts monopoly through direct x will die.
    Also because pc is cheaper than consoles as I buy lots of games.
  • OpapanaxOpapanax Member Posts: 973
    PS4 / PC guy myself..

PM before you report at least or you could just block.

• RusqueRusque Member RarePosts: 2,785
    So far I know I'm going to be doing PC + PS4, I may do a Wii U after a price drop or two ($200 would be ideal pricepoint) and we'll see what other exclusive come out in the next year for the X1. Killer instinct and Titanfall are the two I'm most interested in, but they're not enough to make me open my wallet.
  • maskedweaselmaskedweasel Member LegendaryPosts: 12,173

The moment I got my first job, my focus was always buying all playforms so that I can play every game I wanted to.  Over the years, console titles I wanted to play became few and far between, and I played more PC titles.  Looking forward to the next gen consoles,  this is the first time I've felt absolutely no connection to any of the new systems.  The Wii U just doesn't seem particularly fun for me, and out of all the consoles I've owned, my Wii was the most prone to hardware failure.

The Xbox One is the pinnacle of transferring what constitutes as media DRM to console hardware.  I think they've lost touch with their core base here. 

The PS4 is the console I'll pick up.  They were smart to undercut Microsoft, but in all honesty, they could have matched the price or exceeded it, and I still would have felt it was the right deal to make.  I'm not a huge Sony Fan,  but I use my PS3 much more than my xbox 360, and I'll be happy to cancel XBOX Live for good.  

Microsoft has just made one misstep too many lately.

• CalerxesCalerxes Member UncommonPosts: 1,641

I'm going for Xbox One as its a more versatile unit than the PS4 and I feel Microsoft for the first time are actually innovating and thinking of the future. The Xbox One is aimed at the whole family use not just the gamers which for me is where they'll beat Sony. I used to avoid Microsoft products and dual booted Linux for years, but I now use Windows 8 and Windows 8 Phone and soon an Xbox One and maybe a Surface but certainly a Windows 8 Tablet as well. I then can then have all my devices linked and speaking the same language and this is what Microsoft are pushing forward with and no other company can offer such an interconnected and simple set of systems. 

The radical direction Windows 8 is taking computer devices has caught the competition cold and they are now having to play catch up with Apple, Google and Blackberry redesigning their OS's to be more friendly to touch and mobile devices. Once people get used to metro on mobile devices they'll wonder what all the negative fuss was about and with Xbox One they'll get to use it in there living rooms. But the real beauty is that finally after 20 years we finally have proper competition in the OS market its just now for Apple and Google to step up. Xbox One could be the first all purpose computer device at the heart of family life and that for me is a breakthrough and as its basically a computer its should be good for gamers as the days of hardware specific games will become a thing of the past. You just choose what service you access your games from. PS Network, Steam, Xbox Live and maybe more.  

This doom and gloom thread was brought to you by Chin Up™ the new ultra high caffeine soft drink for gamers who just need that boost of happiness after a long forum session.

Originally posted by Calerxes
    I'm going for Xbox One as its a more versatile unit than the PS4 and I feel Microsoft for the first time are actually innovating and thinking of the future. The Xbox One is aimed at the whole family use not just the gamers which for me is where they'll beat Sony. I used to avoid Microsoft products and dual booted Linux for years, but I now use Windows 8 and Windows 8 Phone and soon an Xbox One and maybe a Surface but certainly a Windows 8 Tablet as well. I then can then have all my devices linked and speaking the same language and this is what Microsoft are pushing forward with and no other company can offer such an interconnected and simple set of systems.  The radical direction Windows 8 is taking computer devices has caught the competition cold and they are now having to play catch up with Apple, Google and Blackberry redesigning their OS's to be more friendly to touch and mobile devices. Once people get used to metro on mobile devices they'll wonder what all the negative fuss was about and with Xbox One they'll get to use it in there living rooms. But the real beauty is that finally after 20 years we finally have proper competition in the OS market its just now for Apple and Google to step up. Xbox One could be the first all purpose computer device at the heart of family life and that for me is a breakthrough and as its basically a computer its should be good for gamers as the days of hardware specific games will become a thing of the past. You just choose what service you access your games from. PS Network, Steam, Xbox Live and maybe more.  

You're not going to access games from the PS Network or Steam on the XBox One.

Lol calerex

You think Google and Apple are shitting themselves over win 8 and having to radically redesign their OSs to keep up. Win 8 is a huge flop, its sold less than Vista, which Is why Microsoft are radically redesigning their OS. As for winphones - lol.

Bloody hell do you work for Microsoft!

Originally posted by ShakyMo
    Lol calerexYou think Google and Apple are sh!tting themselves over win 8 and having to radically redesign their OSs to keep up. Win 8 is a huge flop, its sold less than Vista, which Is why Microsoft are radically redesigning their OS. As for winphones - lol.Bloody hell do you work for Microsoft!

It might be that stuff, what do you call it, satire.

• ElRenmazuoElRenmazuo Member RarePosts: 5,361
    PS4 and PC since PS4 will have a lot of games I want that PC wont have.  Lookin forward to Destiny and The Division
  • Shadowguy64Shadowguy64 Member Posts: 848
    I need to work on my gaming backlog first (It's HUGE). Then it'll be a PS4.
  • psypoisonpsypoison Member UncommonPosts: 17
    Xbox 1 and pc ps4 has no games I like that I cant get from Xbox 1 or pc.
  • sxvssxvs Member Posts: 109

pc now, but i might consider a ps4.

the thing i hate about consoles is how they seem to focus on everything except gaming, skypes and social media and blah blah blah, i don't want to facebook i want to play games!

i'll most likely stick to the pc as i feel like i have more freedom to do what i want.

• BadSpockBadSpock Member UncommonPosts: 7,979
    Originally posted by lizardbones

I selected PS4, because it's focused on gaming, the PS+ membership seems reasonable, and if I have the PS4, I'd be a lot less likely to upgrade my PC.

Yep.

I might actually sell my PC and Xbox 360 and pre-order a PS4 and buy a used PS3.

• SavageHorizonSavageHorizon Member EpicPosts: 3,466
    I'll keep my PC and buy a PS4 which i was always going to do, i've always owned a PS. At the end of the year i will sell my PC and buy a top of the range Haswell system, i like to be right at the top end of PC tec.

• kellian1kellian1 Member UncommonPosts: 237

I mainly play PC now...but in need of an upgrade. I picked PS4/Xbox One/PC - only because I don't know which one to go with (PS4 or Xbox One)

Both have drawbacks for me:

PS4 - Now costs money to play multiplayer online, I hate..HATE their controllers, not a fan of japanese style RPG's and games.

XBOX One - Used games unknown, 24 hour DRM check, Price is $100 more

So I don't know what to do, I can afford to get both but I'm asking myself why? When I could put that portion into upgrading my PC. So still on the fence, though leaning toward the PS4 (and this coming from an Xbox fan who only uses his current PS3 as a blue-ray player)

• SlampigSlampig Member UncommonPosts: 2,342
    Originally posted by ShakyMo
    Stick with pc.

Might switch to Linux when it takes off as a gaming platform. Which it will.

Android - basicly a flavour of nix
    Ios - ditto
    Ps4 - ditto
    Google tv - ditto
    Steam box - ditto.

Microsoft have shot themselves in the foot with xbone and win 8. They are the new IBM, giant already Indecline.

Various favours of Unix will be the future of gaming. Likes of valve, Apple and Google will get behind open gl, microsofts monopoly through direct x will die.

What are the numbers for the big money lotto this weekend, Nostradamus?

That Guild Wars 2 login screen knocked up my wife. Must be the second coming!

• ElRenmazuoElRenmazuo Member RarePosts: 5,361
    Originally posted by coretex666

PC Only.

This whole console boom and its potential impact on MMORPGs makes me sad.

Not that current MMORPGs were shining with depth and complexity, but something tells me that if the developers want to make games for console crowd which represents a huge market, they will have to adjust the games to these customers' expectations / wants / demands.

Maybe I am just prejudiced and wrong, but I think that console players are looking for quick arcade fun rather than games with depth and complexity. I was hoping that with more orientation towards sandbox, the trend of simplifying the MMORPGs will reverse, but this indicates that it will continue.

If I am competely wrong, please tell me.

If console fans werent looking for depth and complexity than how do you explain the popularity of Metal Gear Solid Series and upcoming titles like Beyond: Two Souls and the fact that most of the games that are coming out have Open World gameplay even MGS5.  And than you got Destiny and The Division.  Your mistaking PS4/Xbox fans for Nintendo fans.  Not to mention how many fans of the Ico series has been wanting something to hear about The Last Guardian.

• Dreamo84Dreamo84 Member UncommonPosts: 3,713
    I just built a new PC but I also pre-ordered a PS4 after seeing those exclusives! I have a Vita already so that cross function will be nice.