Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn: Confirmed for PS3 & 4

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

Sony is gambling hard on the forthcoming PlayStation 4. During its E3 press conference, the team announced that Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn will be playable on both the PlayStation 3 and the PlayStation 4, the forthcoming next-gen console from Sony.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• WaldoeWaldoe Member UncommonPosts: 642

As long as the UI is done well and everyone is in the same server pool I am all for this. Take advantage of the console owners and grow the player base. 

Great news! 

• LexinLexin Member UncommonPosts: 701
    Hmmm I only heard PS3 and PS4.

• ROFLsaurusROFLsaurus Member UncommonPosts: 19
    A gamble... I don't think we watched the same press conference.

imageI am the ROFLsaurus I go RAWR!!!image

• Vunak23Vunak23 Member UncommonPosts: 633
    Herp derp. They said PS3 and PS4... there was nothing about it being available on the Xbox. 

"In the immediate future, we have this one, and then we’ve got another one that is actually going to be – so we’re going to have, what we want to do, is in January, what we’re targeting to do, this may or may not happen, so you can’t hold me to it. But what we’re targeting to do, is have a fun anniversary to the Ilum shenanigans that happened. An alien race might invade, and they might crash into Ilum and there might be some new activities that happen on the planet." ~Gabe Amatangelo

• Rock_MuRock_Mu Member UncommonPosts: 12
    In fact he said exclusively on PS3 & PS4, which is wrong from the get go since it's on PC too. But I'm assuming he meant exclusive in the console space.

• Allacore69Allacore69 Member Posts: 839
    Originally posted by Lexin

Well duh. Thats what this artical said LMAO

• LexinLexin Member UncommonPosts: 701
    Originally posted by Allacore69
    Originally posted by Lexin

Well duh. Thats what this artical said LMAO

It does now earlier it said PS4 and Xbox 360 don't remember if it said Xbox One also.

• kaludytkkaludytk Member UncommonPosts: 45
    just to add to this, it has also been said that if you purchase it for ps3, you will receive it for ps4 as well.
  • ZizouXZizouX Member Posts: 670

@kaludytk

Where did you hear that?  I was about to cancel my CE for PS3, but I can get both.. that's great.!

• BadSpockBadSpock Member UncommonPosts: 7,979

Yep, Sony just knocked it out of the park.

So many MMOs coming to PS4!

FFXV and FFXIV are reason enough for me to abandon my MS love, but Destiny exclusives? Sign me up.

Titanfall looked great, but was no Destiny - and The Division is coming to both. Win.

Also - ESO.

• VlackeVlacke Member UncommonPosts: 155
    This is bad news indeed, the amount of compromises they will have to make in order for this game to run properly on an outdated PS3 console will not bring good things definitely.
  • SimonVDHSimonVDH Member Posts: 178
    Huge respect for SquareEnix and Sony for not giving up on this game. Also, great timing, releasing it together with new console and making it availble for PS3, PS4 and PC.
  • mCalvertmCalvert Member CommonPosts: 1,283
    One of my biggest problems when this was in beta was the console inspired controls.
  • nerovipus32nerovipus32 Member Posts: 2,735
    So to play FF14 on the ps4 you'll have to pay your monthly internet charge, pay your 50 bucks playstation plus subscription and then buy ff14 for 60 bucks and pay another subscription of 15.99 to play. What a fucking rip off.
  • AconsarAconsar Member Posts: 262
    Originally posted by nerovipus32
    So to play FF14 on the ps4 you'll have to pay your monthly internet charge, pay your 50 bucks playstation plus subscription and then buy ff14 for 60 bucks and pay another subscription of 15.99 to play. What a fucking rip off.

I'm not normally one to defend consoles, but you'd have to pay your internet bill regardless, unless you're posting from McDonalds/Starbucks or something.  And isn't the Plus membership $50 for an entire year?  And did they change the sub to $15.99?  It was only like $12.99 before for one character.

• AIMonsterAIMonster Member UncommonPosts: 2,059
    Originally posted by BadSpock

FFXV and FFXIV are reason enough for me to abandon my MS love, but Destiny exclusives? Sign me up.

Titanfall looked great, but was no Destiny - and The Division is coming to both. Win.

Also - ESO.

Titanfall will be available for the PC (and 360).  I'm not entirely sure why Microsoft kept saying it was exclusive to Xbox One, unless they changed it....

• RaxeonRaxeon Member UncommonPosts: 2,283
    yea and we may not have to have ps + for an mmo since we already have to pay for are character and its 12.99 for ffxiv for 1 character per server
  • Shana77Shana77 Member UncommonPosts: 290
    FF14, Everquest next, TESO. Oh yeah im definatly getting a PS4. 
  • glitchhawkglitchhawk Member Posts: 9

i am so glad about this. PS4 is gonna be like the first console to have tons of MMO's. im so exited.. and i just cant hide it..

• DhaenonDhaenon Member UncommonPosts: 150
    Will there be voice acting? I was under the impression there wasn't going to be.
  • angerbeaverangerbeaver Member UncommonPosts: 1,258

it's 12.99 if you subscribe for 180 days, 13.99 for 60 or 90 days and 14.99 monthly otherwise I believe.

As someone else said I think the compromise that may have to be done for the PS3 sucks if it does affect PC/PS4 players (not sure how it all works)

• kingsatanaskingsatanas Member Posts: 31
    is ff14 are going to swap out all the character from the old version ?? i got 4 classe maxed and iknow some people who have made ALL the crafter achivment with the blue tool reward and they took several month to do. thks for reply
  • vipermanorvipermanor Member UncommonPosts: 6
    1Q...Buy 2 play like GW2 or Sub Like WOW?...
  • jarrichvdvjarrichvdv Member Posts: 1
    Originally posted by BadSpock

Also - ESO.

Destiny is coming to Xbox One too. ESO is coming to Xbox One too. FF XV is coming to Xbox One too. Kingdom Hearts 3 is coming to Xbox One too. Get your facts straight.