Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

General: Warhammer 40k: Eternal Crusade Announced

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

Games Workshop and Behaviour Interactive have announced Warhammer 40k: Eternal Crusade at this year's E3 convention. 

Main features of the game include:

• Experience the gameworld with 3rd-person, behind the shoulder action featuring precision gunplay and brutal melee combat with excruciating finishers;

• Participate in a persistent online war to conquer the planet, its fate completely in the hands of the players;

• Become a warrior from one of four initial factions, each unique and opposed to one another: Space Marines, Chaos Space Marines, Orks and Eldar. 

• Participate in truly massive conflicts that simultaneously bring thousands of players to bear over territories and other strategic resources.

• Get behind the controls of Space Marine Rhinos, Predators, Ork Battlewagons and other iconic vehicles of the 41st millennium;

• Hack through genuinely challenging procedural content alongside your battle-brothers and never have the same experience twice;

• Earn the right to customize your builds in a deep progression system drawing on the rich Warhammer 40,000 universe.

• Found a Battle Squad with friends and prepare for conflict from your customized shared space in orbit – then drop down to the planet together and seek out glory!

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• hfztthfztt Member RarePosts: 1,401

Before I get all exited, can someone please point me to a game that the developer has made that should give me any confidence in their ability to deliver a quality game?

• DahkohtDahkoht Member UncommonPosts: 479
    If GW has more control this time around and EA isn't involved its got to trump the last Warhammer MMO.
  • KarvarenKarvaren Member UncommonPosts: 12
    "Procedural content" sounds interesting and promising :)
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.

Somebody, somewhere has better skills as you have, more experience as you have, is smarter than you, has more friends as you do and can stay online longer. Just pray he's not out to get you.
  • MaxColinMaxColin Member UncommonPosts: 10
    Originally posted by hfztt

Before I get all exited, can someone please point me to a game that the developer has made that should give me any confidence in their ability to deliver a quality game?

It's not especially great to be honest.

• orbitxoorbitxo Member RarePosts: 1,956

and the heavens have just been swalloed up!!!! -HAHA!!

nearly fell off my seat  when i read this! iam so happy!!! THIS is my mmo!!!! please keep us updated on anything from crusader!!!!

this is the best news ive heard this year!!! this has made my day!!!

• orbitxoorbitxo Member RarePosts: 1,956
    side note: you guys are so pre judging devs already when u have NO CLUE- who is workign behind it..considering all the layoffs so many companies have had- they are prob re hired devs who ud love in the past.

<.<

• waynejr2waynejr2 Member EpicPosts: 7,769

If you really feel that way, vow right now to never play this game.  Even if it ends up as the greatest mmo ever made, you have to not play it. If you can't make that vow, then don't worry.

http://www.youhaventlived.com/qblog/2010/QBlog190810A.html  

Epic Music:   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vAigCvelkhQ&list=PLo9FRw1AkDuQLEz7Gvvaz3ideB2NpFtT1

https://archive.org/details/softwarelibrary_msdos?&sort=-downloads&page=1

Kyleran:  "Now there's the real trick, learning to accept and enjoy a game for what it offers rather than pass on what might be a great playing experience because it lacks a few features you prefer."

John Henry Newman: "A man would do nothing if he waited until he could do it so well that no one could find fault."

FreddyNoNose:  "A good game needs no defense; a bad game has no defense." "Easily digested content is just as easily forgotten."

LacedOpium: "So the question that begs to be asked is, if you are not interested in the game mechanics that define the MMORPG genre, then why are you playing an MMORPG?"

• waynejr2waynejr2 Member EpicPosts: 7,769
    Originally posted by Mtibbs1989
    I enjoy the Warhammer shooters that come out. However, I'm still waiting for the day that we can actually get a Warhammer 40k turn based strategy game based on the table top game.

You have had that for a could decades.

http://www.youhaventlived.com/qblog/2010/QBlog190810A.html  

Epic Music:   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vAigCvelkhQ&list=PLo9FRw1AkDuQLEz7Gvvaz3ideB2NpFtT1

https://archive.org/details/softwarelibrary_msdos?&sort=-downloads&page=1

Kyleran:  "Now there's the real trick, learning to accept and enjoy a game for what it offers rather than pass on what might be a great playing experience because it lacks a few features you prefer."

John Henry Newman: "A man would do nothing if he waited until he could do it so well that no one could find fault."

FreddyNoNose:  "A good game needs no defense; a bad game has no defense." "Easily digested content is just as easily forgotten."

LacedOpium: "So the question that begs to be asked is, if you are not interested in the game mechanics that define the MMORPG genre, then why are you playing an MMORPG?"

• ShakyMoShakyMo Member CommonPosts: 7,207
    More interested in segas Total warhammer, slitherins turn based warhammer fantasy war game and the space hulk / talisman digital versions to be honest.

Just really don't like 3rd person shooters, only ones I enjoyed were biowares mdk games years ago.
    Tibbs

I don't get why no one has made a digital based warhammer tabletop clone. Much like how scrolls is to magic.
  • ComanComan Member UncommonPosts: 2,178

Indeed because companies with good track record like Mythic and Bioware did such an awsome job making MMO's that it really means something.

• BamboozledBamboozled Member Posts: 29

Agreed. While I have been looking forward to this game for a long time now. I hope this doesn't turn out to be yet another "Defiance-like" console port that PC users get to come along for. If so, I hope they at least provide a decent chat window, group, and clan tools. Though from what I see, I shouldn't get my hopes up.

Man, Defiance really has jaded my outlook on MMOs...

“He felt that his whole life was some kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.”

- Douglas Adams, The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

• ScivaSciva Member UncommonPosts: 298

HBGVGVVVFFVSFRVG

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES

• InsaneDalekInsaneDalek Member Posts: 119
    Originally posted by ShakyMo
    More interested in segas Total warhammer, slitherins turn based warhammer fantasy war game and the space hulk / talisman digital versions to be honest.

Just really don't like 3rd person shooters, only ones I enjoyed were biowares mdk games years ago.

MDK was made by Shiny Entertainment, not Bioware.

But anyway, I have only one thing to say about this...

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGH!!!

This is turning out to be a great couple years for WH40K fans. The only thing which could make it better would be DoW3 being announced.

It's a sad day indeed when a family is too afraid of reprisals to publicly thank somebody for saving their lives.

• eric_w66eric_w66 Member UncommonPosts: 1,006
    So the 2nd phase is an eternal "Coming Soon"? :D
  • TsuruTsuru Member UncommonPosts: 297
    Sounds like Planetside 2...but....warhammer
    Insane
    Yeah your right mdk was shiny

But mdk2 was bioware uk (which was mostly ex shiny people)

As for dow3, well yeah, but I'm more excited for total war done with whfb

I prefer whfb to WH40k. As an actual game it works much better, the armies are better balanced, there's more thinking involved and there's no weird rules like with 40k vehicles.
  • YuuiYuui Member UncommonPosts: 723

Franly, THQ was WH40K. 

With THQ gone, not too sure this will be any good. 

# A GRIM, ODD, ARCANE SKY
    # ANY GOD, I MARK SACRED
    # A MASKED CRY ADORING
    # A DREAMY, SICK DRAGON

If it turns out to be a warhammer flavoured planetside I will get it.

But I suspect it a WH40k / battlefield 3 / gears of war mashup.
  • soundsonicsoundsonic Member UncommonPosts: 16

WAR This is better world! but it is far from 2015 :(    

Ps4 + Xbox one + Pc + Mac? )) 

• DamonVileDamonVile Member UncommonPosts: 4,818
    Even though I shouldn't be....I'm excited about this. I've wanted to play a 40k mmo for a long time.
  • freakishbeanfreakishbean Member UncommonPosts: 176
    Is this the remnant of Dark Miillenium?

Needing is Wanting...
    Wanting is Coveting...
    Coveting is Sinning...
    I am SO going to Hell.

• soundsonicsoundsonic Member UncommonPosts: 16

This is MMO or MMORPG?

The dark millenium but not game or gameworkshop? It ran out of money and shut down the project..

• DakirnDakirn Member UncommonPosts: 372
    Originally posted by Coman

Indeed because companies with good track record like Mythic and Bioware did such an awsome job making MMO's that it really means something.

EXACTLY.

The problem is with experienced companies making clones or junk of things they've already made.  Maybe it's time for NEW developers to come in who have new ideas, new employees and new direction.

We keep getting the same old games partially because the same companies keep making them. As long as they're making money with their small innovations they aren't likely to risk an innovative product as much as a hungry upstart.

I'd like to see where this project goes.