Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fuzzy Avatars Solved! Please re-upload your avatar if it was fuzzy!

The Division Gameplay Online Open World Post Apocalypse Shooter/RPG

13»

Comments

• SiveriaSiveria Saint John, New BrunswickPosts: 1,200Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by flizzer
    Originally posted by Mtibbs1989

Why are we getting the short stick with half-assed MMO's then? Seriously Trion, Arena Net, SOE, Nexon, Gpotato, Cryptic, and etc. I'm calling you all out you lazy sons of a *****es. Why are we getting the bottom of the bin content? I don't see a single reason to continue buying products from these major MMO developers anymore. Everyone lets move to PS4; because they obviously have all of the quality MMO's coming out next year.

LOL, this was my first reaction also.  I want to be knocked off my feet by an upcoming MMO. 

Honestly it probally will not happen until wow dies and devs finally relize that just cloning wow won't cut it anymore. Till then expect more linear train rides to level cap with a lack fo anything to do at endgame other than the same raids over and over. Also Gpotato is not a mmo dev, they just publish them.

ESO looks pretty craptastic, and nothing else on radar for mmo's really seem all that great, wildstar kinda sounds like it may be nice but haven't played it so can't really comment, but it does seem like it will end up being yet another linear on-rails ride to lv cap, though I can hope its diffrent because its the only mmo coming out this year so far that seems worth trying. MMOs have really gone down the shitter, they need to make them more group oriented and less single player games. In most mmo's today no one parties up because well the game is too easy and too soloable so they don't need to. MMOrpg's used to be about grouping up to do stuff at all levels. I wish they'd bring back forced grouping to mmorpgs, maybe then they might actually become decent again.

Being a pessimist is a win-win pattern of thinking. If you're a pessimist (I'll admit that I am!) you're either:

A. Proven right (if something bad happens)

or

B. Pleasantly surprised (if something good happens)

Either way, you can't lose! Try it out sometime!

• ElRenmazuoElRenmazuo Alexandria, VAPosts: 4,546Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by VengeSunsoar
    Originally posted by dmcg
    you guys are too easily fooled by staged demos

It might be staged, as in who they are fighting is choreographed, however it is still in game footage showing gameplay and graphic which look amazing.

Yea it gave a good presentation on many mmo and rpg elements, like Crowd control (fleshing out the mobs from inside), group buffs, pets (turrets), healer, skills (rolling grenade), pvp at the end, the size of the map, loot.

Best Physics, Mob A.I., Attack Impact, Graphics, NPC/Environment Interactions I ever seen in an mmorpg.

On top of that it has a real cover system

I dont even want to look at Wildstar or any of those so called AAA mmos now.

• VengeSunsoarVengeSunsoar Posts: 5,314Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by tkreep

It might be staged, as in who they are fighting is choreographed, however it is still in game footage showing gameplay and graphic which look amazing.

Yea it gave a good presentation on many mmo and rpg elements, like Crowd control (fleshing out the mobs from inside), group buffs, pets (turrets), healer, skills (rolling grenade), pvp at the end, the size of the map, loot.

Best Physics, Mob A.I., Attack Impact, Graphics, NPC/Environment Interactions I ever seen in an mmorpg.

Thats something I keep questioning.  It is an MMO, as in a large amount of people online in the same area at the same time.

But is it just like a big MOBA in the city, or is there progression, crafting, somethign to do besides shoot the other guy - like darkfall (very pvp based but many other things to do as well)?

More MOBA or more MMO?

Quit worrying about other players in a game and just play.

• DrakynnDrakynn The Pas, MBPosts: 2,030Member

Thats something I keep questioning.  It is an MMO, as in a large amount of people online in the same area at the same time.

But is it just like a big MOBA in the city, or is there progression, crafting, somethign to do besides shoot the other guy - like darkfall (very pvp based but many other things to do as well)?

More MOBA or more MMO?

We'll have to wait and find out but both The Division and Destiny are both deliberately avoiding the word Massive in their descriptions.I think we are looking at smaller scale multiplayer and in other cases single player games having MMO features like persistent online worlds etc and also a blurring of multiplayer and single player experiences.I for one welcome such changes and am excited to see how this plays out.

• nariusseldonnariusseldon santa clara, CAPosts: 22,441Member
    Originally posted by Drakynn

We'll have to wait and find out but both The Division and Destiny are both deliberately avoiding the word Massive in their descriptions.I think we are looking at smaller scale multiplayer and in other cases single player games having MMO features like persistent online worlds etc and also a blurring of multiplayer and single player experiences.I for one welcome such changes and am excited to see how this plays out.

Yeah. I care less if these games are MMOs with some proper definition. I care if they are fun.

And people says there is no innovation. These are innovations.

More MOBA or more MMO?

At the end when they zoomed out into the world map it showed many other red dots all over the map which are players

• VengeSunsoarVengeSunsoar Posts: 5,314Member Uncommon

More MOBA or more MMO?

At the end when they zoomed out into the world map it showed many other red dots all over the map which are players

Yes but same question.  Is it just a big version of 007 or are there other activities besides combat?

The 007 game could be fun, actually that game was really fun, but what else is there to do?

Quit worrying about other players in a game and just play.

• nariusseldonnariusseldon santa clara, CAPosts: 22,441Member

Yes but same question.  Is it just a big version of 007 or are there other activities besides combat?

The 007 game could be fun, actually that game was really fun, but what else is there to do?

If the combat is fun, that would be enough for me.

• AxehiltAxehilt San Francisco, CAPosts: 8,707Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by Siveria
    Originally posted by flizzer

LOL, this was my first reaction also.  I want to be knocked off my feet by an upcoming MMO. 

Honestly it probally will not happen until wow dies and devs finally relize that just cloning wow won't cut it anymore. Till then expect more linear train rides to level cap with a lack fo anything to do at endgame other than the same raids over and over. Also Gpotato is not a mmo dev, they just publish them.

ESO looks pretty craptastic, and nothing else on radar for mmo's really seem all that great, wildstar kinda sounds like it may be nice but haven't played it so can't really comment, but it does seem like it will end up being yet another linear on-rails ride to lv cap, though I can hope its diffrent because its the only mmo coming out this year so far that seems worth trying. MMOs have really gone down the shitter, they need to make them more group oriented and less single player games. In most mmo's today no one parties up because well the game is too easy and too soloable so they don't need to. MMOrpg's used to be about grouping up to do stuff at all levels. I wish they'd bring back forced grouping to mmorpgs, maybe then they might actually become decent again.

It's unlikely to ever be knocked off your feet by an upcoming MMO, because by virtue of MMO architecture's limitations they will always lag behind. It's not an absolute rule, of course, because games aren't always going to knock you off your feet purely through brute force graphical prowess. But it's a lot harder for MMOs to be staggeringly impressive than singleplayer or small-scale multiplayer games.

Also it's a bit confusing that GW2 came out not to long ago, yet you criticize linear-on-rails MMOs, and then (the clincher) you go on to be excited by Wildstar's potential.

I do agree with the grouping comment though, as I'd love to see more MMORPGs with better group content (one of the few true shortcomings of GW2.)

"Joe stated his case logically and passionately, but his perceived effeminate voice only drew big gales of stupid laughter..." -Idiocracy
    "There is only one good, knowledge, and one evil, ignorance." -Socrates

More MOBA or more MMO?

If you mean raiding, crafting, public events and housing we will just have to wait and see...out of speculation i think it will have some form of crafting mainly because its a post apocalyptic setting and that tells me there will be scavenging of parts and stuff.  I think it will have more group oriented content but not sure if they will have 40 man raids like in WoW, maybe up to 12 or something, imagine raiding a prison for food and materials. Housing is prolly the least chance of being a feature in the game since i dont think most console gamers are even really into that, personally im not.  And public events are becoming a common thing in modern mmos, even destiny has public events shown in their gameplay so i think theres a chance it will be in The Division too...of course im just speculating in the end.

13»