Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

no auto attack=niche game

simpliussimplius Member UncommonPosts: 1,134

apparantly, there will no autoattack in wildstar

spamming the same attack button over and over, even in an fight with trash mobs, isnt challenging

its a TIMESINK

it isnt content, either,,i doubt, that it will stop botting too

im so disappointed, i had high hopes for this game

didnt they learn ANYTHING from tortanic?

cancelled my preorder, this was one of the things, that drove me away from swtor

and you dont HAVE to use autoattack,,you can simply turn it off

this is like a car,with only one gear,,enjoy

Comments

• steamtanksteamtank Member UncommonPosts: 391

if you arnt cycling your attacks for optimal efficiency and you actually have time for your character to auto attack ... you need to get better.  I am personally glad no one will be able to auto attack their way into last dps on the raid.

not to mentioned content is balanced around no 'white numbers' in pve

and in pvp it means you actually have to time your damage and positioning can matter for stopping attacks.. go figure.

• nerovipus32nerovipus32 Member Posts: 2,735
    Yes because a game that does your attacks for you is much more fun. Basically the OP is saying "if this game isn't what i want then it's a niche game" *stomps foot*
  • Skeeter50Skeeter50 Member UncommonPosts: 147

Sounds good! This game has now become my number 1 PC only most awesome title ever!

I was excited about another "mmo" but it turned out it was always just  a console game.

• simpliussimplius Member UncommonPosts: 1,134

i dont play for "effeciency",,,i play for FUN

i dont raid, and i VERY rarely PVP

welcome to another mmo with 3-400k subs

they may sell a lot of boxes, but within a year, they will be at the same level as swtor

and, do you think, this is what the devs want? or do they want to earn a lot of Money?

Originally posted by nerovipus32
    Yes because a game that does your attacks for you is much more fun. Basically the OP is saying "if this game isn't what i want then it's a niche game" *stomps foot*

wow has autoattacks

name me ONE big mmo, without autoattack?

• newbinatornewbinator Member Posts: 780
    I actually prefer to have an auto attack... but it's not a big deal. Hardly a game breaking issue
  • steamtanksteamtank Member UncommonPosts: 391
    Originally posted by simplius

i dont play for "effeciency",,,i play for FUN

i dont raid, and i VERY rarely PVP

welcome to another mmo with 3-400k subs

they may sell a lot of boxes, but within a year, they will be at the same level as swtor

and, do you think, this is what the devs want? or do they want to earn a lot of Money?

you dont raid and you are following Wildstar O_o

the game is being developed by raiders... sure they have lots of other goodies... but 40 man raids promised to wipe you over and over, thats why i am here.

auto attack isnt why swtor did poorly.

• HrothaHrotha Member UncommonPosts: 821

Good decisions form Carbine. The auto-attack feature from GW2 was utterly horrible.

Perfect.

Edit: Gaming started as a niche. This niche was superb in terms of creativity it offered.

Edit2: 500th birthday post, yay!

• XivikXivik Member Posts: 10

SWTOR failed because of no auto attack?

I always thought it was:

- a horrible optimized, slow engine

-bug infested galore that doesn't get fixed

- animation delay that took months to fix

- heavily instanced single player feel gameplay

- rotten balance across the board

- no communications about bugs/problems for months after release

- the blatant money grab milk it while we can cash grab it turned into after it went f2p.

But now you mention it, yes having no auto attack caused me to unsub -_-"

• GitmixGitmix Member UncommonPosts: 605

wow has autoattacks

name one big mmo besides wow...

Originally posted by Xivik

SWTOR failed because of no auto attack?

I always thought it was:

- a horrible optimized, slow engine

-bug infested galore that doesn't get fixed

- animation delay that took months to fix

- heavily instanced single player feel gameplay

- rotten balance across the board

- no communications about bugs/problems for months after release

- the blatant money grab milk it while we can cash grab it turned into after it went f2p.

But now you mention it, yes having no auto attack caused me to unsub -_-"

yes those were more important flaws

and if you read my post, i said ONE of the reasons

and i didnt say , it was the most important, either

• hikaru77hikaru77 Member UncommonPosts: 1,123

apparantly, there will no autoattack in wildstar

spamming the same attack button over and over, even in an fight with trash mobs, isnt challenging

its a TIMESINK

it isnt content, either,,i doubt, that it will stop botting too

im so disappointed, i had high hopes for this game

didnt they learn ANYTHING from tortanic?

cancelled my preorder, this was one of the things, that drove me away from swtor

and you dont HAVE to use autoattack,,you can simply turn it off

this is like a car,with only one gear,,enjoy

No auto attack, best thing they can do, I mean, u actually need to play the game., is also one of the best thing about swtor were you never press the same skill or key more than once in a rotation.  

• gr0und3dgr0und3d Member Posts: 113

cancelled my preorder

dafuq?

Originally posted by Pie_Rat

wow has autoattacks

name one big mmo besides wow...

exactly,,thats the formula for success

• AvatarBladeAvatarBlade Member UncommonPosts: 757

wow has autoattacks

SWTOR. Last I saw, it had about 500k subs and over 1.5M free players. I'd say that's preety big.

• silvermembersilvermember Member UncommonPosts: 526
    Originally posted by 4bsolute

Good decisions form Carbine. The auto-attack feature from GW2 was utterly horrible.

Perfect.

Edit: Gaming started as a niche. This niche was superb in terms of creativity it offered.

Guild wars 2 did not have auto attack. Unless you choose to set it [mod edit]

• ElanithElanith Member Posts: 1

Check out some video guys, you can clearly see auto attacks.  Unless they changed something in the Beta or Officially stated something about auto attacks, they exist.  In the case something changed, i want proof, a link to the info or video of someone from carbine stating it.

• DrakynnDrakynn Member Posts: 2,030
    Originally posted by silvermember

Perfect.

Guild wars 2 did not have auto attack. Unless you choose to set it [mod edit]

agreed any skill player in GW2 didn't use the feature as it was a drop in dps and often got in the way of what you actually wanted to do.

Perfect.

a normal person would just turn it off, if they dont like it

and since when is a good thing , to have less choices in an mmo?

i know mmos started as a niche,,but is it niche now?

• wizyywizyy Member UncommonPosts: 629

These forums are so friendly, everyone who disagrees with you is a troll... Sigh.

Anyways, I don't really know why is having an autoattack in the game so bad. There's a LOT of people who play MMORPGs not for combat, but for social aspects and will NEVER get good in rotations and such.

Why can't we have both?

For example, let's say there is an autoattack OPTION, but if you disable it, you can do combo attacks, or your attacks get to be faster or do more damage.

For such a heated topic in MMORPGs I don't really see why such a compromise has never been made (not that I know of, at least).

• HatefullHatefull Member EpicPosts: 2,502
    Originally posted by Purutzil

[mod edit]

LMAO - This is perfect.

@ OP.  Ok you don't like the game got it.  Can I ask though, where did you see it would have no auto attack?  There is no real use in screaming; 'The sky is falling" without backing it up with proof.  

I have to ask though based off another post of yours, why would you be interested in this game at all?  It is made by people that raid, its a progression to raid set-up.  PvP is also a factor but I have not been data mining on that side at all, but reviewing what the devs have posted, and bouncing that off what you stated: "I don't raid and I seldom PvP", this game sounds exactly like something you would not play anyway.

Lots of questions, not sure why you are so excited about the alleged lack of auto attack, considering the above information.

If you want a new idea, go read an old book.

In order to be insulted, I must first value your opinion.

i saw it on gamebreaker,,and it was a note from the devs

it was on the TWIMMO show, so it should be legit

• DrakynnDrakynn Member Posts: 2,030
    Originally posted by wizyy

These forums are so friendly, everyone who disagrees with you is a troll... Sigh.

Anyways, I don't really know why is having an autoattack in the game so bad. There's a LOT of people who play MMORPGs not for combat, but for social aspects and will NEVER get good in rotations and such.

Why can't we have both?

For example, let's say there is an autoattack OPTION, but if you disable it, you can do combo attacks, or your attacks get to be faster or do more damage.

For such a heated topic in MMORPGs I don't really see why such a compromise has never been made (not that I know of, at least).

There are plenty of games with autoattacks that such people an play if they wish.Not every game has to be made the same way or try to appeal to the same audience.

Autoattack exists in past MMOs because the combat was cooldown based and there was a need for filler animaitons in between so characters didn't look stupid just standing there in battle waiting for cooldowns.That was their purpose,if they were in fact a big part of dps or not was incidental and just something that happened.

The reason for this type of  what is really turn based combat played out in real time was the technical limitation in hardware and internet infrastructure at the time.Both of these limitations have vastly improved in most areas and so new types of MMOs and combat systems in MMORPGs can now be attempted.

If the character is in constant motion in combat and the player actively involved then there is no need for filler attacks.Most people won't miss autoattack except those who want to type during combat and those who like to afk during combat constantly.

• ariestearieste Member UncommonPosts: 3,309

Wait, someone thought that a space-western-cartoon MMORPG is "mainstream" ?  lol.

As far as major titles without auto-attack - just off the top of my head - AoC, GW2, TSW, Tera, TR, Neverwinter, Defiance.. uhm.. did CoH have auto-attack?  There have been tons.  Auto-attack is really quite irrelevant.  Even in games that DO have auto attack, it's not relevant for some of the classes.    An RPG is all about choosing which action to take next.  To choose, you need to press buttons. 

"I’d rather work on something with great potential than on fulfilling a promise of mediocrity."

- Raph Koster

Tried: AO,EQ,EQ2,DAoC,SWG,AA,SB,HZ,CoX,PS,GA,TR,IV,GnH,EVE, PP,DnL,WAR,MxO,SWG,FE,VG,AoC,DDO,LoTRO,Rift,TOR,Aion,Tera,TSW,GW2,DCUO,CO,STO
    Favourites: AO,SWG,EVE,TR,LoTRO,TSW,EQ2, Firefall
    Currently Playing: ESO

Originally posted by Hatefull
    Originally posted by Purutzil

[mod edit]

LMAO - This is perfect.

@ OP.  Ok you don't like the game got it.  Can I ask though, where did you see it would have no auto attack?  There is no real use in screaming; 'The sky is falling" without backing it up with proof.  

I have to ask though based off another post of yours, why would you be interested in this game at all?  It is made by people that raid, its a progression to raid set-up.  PvP is also a factor but I have not been data mining on that side at all, but reviewing what the devs have posted, and bouncing that off what you stated: "I don't raid and I seldom PvP", this game sounds exactly like something you would not play anyway.

Lots of questions, not sure why you are so excited about the alleged lack of auto attack, considering the above information.

i like mmos

and i like scifi

enough reasons?