Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

PS4 JUST WON CONSOLE WARS $399

Comments

• hfztthfztt Member RarePosts: 1,401
    Originally posted by BrandonM

The big issue here is how accessible things are online. If I wasn't able to go and look up any game I wanted and download it and have it cracked and playing within 10 minutes there wouldn't be such extreme DRMs trying to keep developers in business.

I dont do piracy, nor condone it. I dont mind DRM as such. But any DRM that gets in my way or makes me worse off for having bought the original product is problematic.

• xpowderxxpowderx Member UncommonPosts: 2,078
    Originally posted by Fendel84M
    I personally feel that EA won the conference wars but out of systems I think Microsoft had the better conference and it seemed like Sony had to start "throwing punches" because of their lackluster conference. Also I I really don't understand how people on a PC gaming site can hate on XB1 for their "no used games" (even tho those of you who say that really don't understand what Microsoft has said) when you can't trade in your games on Steam or for half of them play offline. I feel Microsoft went with more of a PC approach with the XB1 henche the installing and focus on using cloud to make it easier to access it other places. Both systems will have their good exclusives I just feel XB1 won.

How was Sony throwing punches? You mean by announcing their support for used games? Or announcing that you don't have to connect online to play your games? Those weren't punches, those were just their stance which obviously people were interested in given the mass applause and cheering immediately after.

If you like Xbox, that's fine. But Sony was really spot on with their E3 conference, they appealed to gamers and showed off a stellar line up and said everything gamers wanted to hear.

For me, it always comes down to the exclusives and first party games. And Sony is by far still bringing the better line-up for my personal tastes. I understand most shooter fans want Halo and Gears of War though. Fable series is pretty cool, but I always get those on PC =D.

To me they were throwing punches because the first what was it like 50 minutes of the conference? was just nothingness that no one cared about then they slowly started showing some games that have been announced for a while. When they showed the indie games I was disappointed because XBL has tons of amazing indie games that most people don't play so is somewhat filler. By the end people were just restless and wanted something to cheer for and that's when they finally decided eh lets just abuse the hate train! Also if sony said everything gamers wanted to hear why was the first while so focused on Movies and it took most of the conference to finally get some gameplay let alone something new announced? As for exclusives neither have really shown much of an interesting line up except for Titanfall for XB1 and KH3 for PS4 but god knows when that's going to be released. 

I'm sorry don't try to state your opinion's as fact. Like I said, it comes down to the exclusives and all the exclusives Sony mentioned except for Gran Turismo were all very cool to me. But I have zero interest in any of the shooters Xbox One has coming out.

But you weren't even watching the same thing I was. And your comments don't make sense. They were throwing punches because you thought the first 50 minutes were boring? What? Abuse the hate train? People have been honestly dying to know if PS4 was going to take the same stance as Xbox One. It's kind of been a big issue if you haven't been paying attention.

It's ok if you're an Xbox fan, I originally had a 360 myself before PS3 started getting better/more first party games. But, these "features" Microsoft are imposing on the Xbox One are in no way benefiting you. I don't see why you should defend them.

I don't care for either system at the moment because neither have really wow'd me with anything at the moment, even exclusives wise both systems have announced very few and it seems like they're relying on more so the AAA titles atleast for a year to establish some ground (like a new naughty dog game). I was watching the same conference so were the thousands who were also just begging for some gameplay and were all about to give up on the conference until they announced the stance on used games and not requiring constant connection. People weren't dying to know if PS4 was going to take the same stance everyone assumed they weren't that's why there was so much hate instantly towards the XB1. And actually these "features" do benefit us, why do you think EA was so quick to announce they were stopping the season pass a few weeks before E3? They were smart and realized that with the way Microsoft has their used games policy set up they can charge the stores (EB Games/Gamestop) instead of the customer and look like the good guy again if they WANT TO. PUBLISHERS DON'T HAVE TO USE THE SYSTEM PUT IN PLACE IT'S OPTIONAL! Also with their first party DRM set up there will be less pirating of those games and because they've had to add that DRM they put in allowing up to 10 people (close friends and family if you want) to use the same games library which means still easy sharing of their first party games.

This reminds me of a USED CAR SALESMAN throwing a PITCH to sell you that YUGO over the Porsche you have your eye on!

Gotta love someone attempting to defend a inferior product through Direct Retail Marketing  points!

YUGO:

Porsche:

• IllyssiaIllyssia Member UncommonPosts: 1,507
    Originally posted by keithian
    NEWS FLASH, the PS4 does not include the camera. XBOX 1 does, so its not really apples to apples. Add $60 to the PS4, still less, still seems as if it will have more graphical prowess, so in the end its if you prefer the exclusives on the Xbox and think you want that camera. At least with PS4 you have a choice.

Is the camera really actually critical to much of the gaming or is it just for social networking like Skype that you might do via the  Xbox One. If as most think it is mostly the later then Sony have made the better choice in making it an option. M$ are selling you an inferior spec console at an inflated all-the-options-in deal.

• evilastroevilastro Member Posts: 4,270
    Never owned a Playstation console before, PS4 will be my first.  It just beats Xbox One hands down.  I don't even know what Nintendo is trying to do anymore, I think they need to go the way of Sega and focus on games.
  • MothanosMothanos Member UncommonPosts: 1,910

Hey boys it doesnt include a camera - lol you think gamers buy dance studio and start swinging ?
    Hell no fuck the camera and give me a controller - thats what gamers want.
    They dont want to swing their dick infront of a camera and scream fake voice commands.
    Just that damn controller and epic games.

Xbox is in for a world of hurt, this war is won by Sony.
    Each poll, each site, each blogger, each tube reporter, the whole fucking word says Sony won the heart of gamers.

Except the hardcore Xbox boys offcourse, they will eat shit from Microsoft and say it taste good.

Also extremely nice Sony dint give in to the microsoft / EA greed of only buying a licence to play a game and not realy own it.
    Or all those soldiers out there want doesnt have internet and want to chill out a little, and cant as Xbox needs to check your machine and disable gaming oO <-----disable your gaming machine you payed for <-----

List goes on and on and on.
    Ryse looked cool but thats it, Xbox Go Home.

• SulaaSulaa Member UncommonPosts: 1,329
    PS4 do not have damn spying "I can check if you're in the room and what you're watching and I am always turned on, have to be connected for console to work and I am always online" Kinect camera.   Don't forget taht.    This alone make PS4 win over damn Xbox.
  • GrailerGrailer Member UncommonPosts: 893
    So many amazing games to play soon ,  I thought I would be playing WildStar but after seeing the games available on PS4 it appears that WildStar is last on my list of games to play now .
  • khartokhar3khartokhar3 Member UncommonPosts: 486
    my last console was the ps1. guess i will get a ps4 now. 399€, no drm etc makes the decision realy easy.
  • MyriaMyria Member UncommonPosts: 699
    Originally posted by khartokhar3
    my last console was the ps1. guess i will get a ps4 now. 399€, no drm etc makes the decision realy easy.

I keep seeing this and shaking my head.

No DRM?

You people seriously believe that?

There are no words for the level of delusion involved.

• IcewhiteIcewhite Member Posts: 6,403
    Originally posted by Precusor
    Loved how people went NUTS soon as they announced support for used games and no online checking.

Check this out

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kWSIFh8ICaA&feature=youtu.be

Chuckle...I love marketing, sometimes :)

Self-pity imprisons us in the walls of our own self-absorption. The whole world shrinks down to the size of our problem, and the more we dwell on it, the smaller we are and the larger the problem seems to grow.

• GrayGhost79GrayGhost79 Member UncommonPosts: 4,775
    Originally posted by Myria
    Originally posted by khartokhar3

I keep seeing this and shaking my head.

No DRM?

You people seriously believe that?

There are no words for the level of delusion involved.

I think what many are referring to is this... 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kWSIFh8ICaA

Where as Microsoft has done a great deal to hinder used game sales and such. 

I mean come on... to trade a game these are some of the hoops you must go through. They must be on your friends list for 30 days or more before you can trade to them and after that the game can only be traded once?! 

When you see no DRM from Sony what they are referring to is how pro-consumer the PS4 is in comparison to the Xbox One which seems to be extremely anti-consumer and anti used game sales. 

• dontadowdontadow Member UncommonPosts: 1,005
    Originally posted by Icewhite
    Originally posted by Precusor
    Loved how people went NUTS soon as they announced support for used games and no online checking.

Check this out

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kWSIFh8ICaA&feature=youtu.be

Chuckle...I love marketing, sometimes :)

It's the best and only route sonly could have went marketing wise, and smart of them to even make fun of microsoft for it. I don't know if this was the plan a month ago, but a college marketing grad could have told sony that they'd outsell microsoft easily if they just say one thing (NO DRM). Leave it on the software companies to instititute it, not the hardware companies. 

• OpapanaxOpapanax Member Posts: 973

The price of the system was always going to be the defining moment for the Playstation.

I had no concerns about the tech or the games. The price makes my choice even more "fanboy" at this point..

PM before you report at least or you could just block.

• freegamesfreegames Member UncommonPosts: 240
    PS1-fantastic, amazing games
    PS2-great, yet more amazing games
    PS3-interesting, good games
    PS4-me wants

Xbox-decent
    Xbox 360-RROD King, good games
    Xbox One- back to square one

$399 beats $499 simply 20% less.
  • jtcgsjtcgs Member Posts: 1,777

PS4 didn't win because of its price...the eye device will cost around $100.

The PS4 won because the XBOX ONE is taking away ownership rights of the game while still asking people to pay the full price for them. Now if MS had changed it so instead of paying $50 for the games, since we wont actually OWN them and instead...leased them to us for a period of time for say...$5. They may have pulled the rug out from under Sony while trying to kill the used game sales market.

“I hope we shall crush...in its birth the aristocracy of our moneyed corporations, which dare already to challenge our government to a trial of strength and bid defiance to the laws of our country." ~Thomes Jefferson

• ElijarhElijarh Member UncommonPosts: 84

Could'nt give a dogs cock. Don't want either.

:D

Eli

• AvatarBladeAvatarBlade Member UncommonPosts: 757
    Did you guys notice that the guy from MS "made some mistakes", saying that MGS5 and Titalfall are XBOX One exclusives, while they are not?
  • NadiaNadia Member UncommonPosts: 11,798

reading this, Microsoft should rethink their policy

http://gadgets.ndtv.com/games/news/xbox-one-vs-ps4-let-the-next-generation-games-begin-378124

4. Used games policy

Here is where Microsoft turns out to be a big flop. The gaming community thrives on second hand and rental games. Why? Because games at the end of it are certainly expensive. Microsoft recently announced that it would be restricting the game distribution where you can resell a game only through a game publisher. Also, with the Xbox One while each game can be shared, it can be shared only once. Now that happens to be extremely restrictive.

Sony on the other hand has announced that the Sony PlayStation 4 will not come with any such restrictions. The console like previous iterations will not limit disc sharing and continues to have the same used games policy.

no rented games on xbox

http://www.techhive.com/article/2040995/xbox-one-owners-will-be-able-to-sell-share-games-but-not-rent-them.html

• KuppaKuppa Member UncommonPosts: 3,292
    They definitely made xbox a tough sale...

• ElikalElikal Member UncommonPosts: 7,912

People don't ask questions to get answers - they ask questions to show how smart they are. - Dogbert

• GrayGhost79GrayGhost79 Member UncommonPosts: 4,775
    Originally posted by Torvaldr
    Originally posted by plaxidia

Lets see.. No region lock -check
    No used game lock- check
    No online requirement - check
    Cheaper membership cost if one chooses to have it (I do)
    so many good, free PS+ games that I had to put in a 1tb hd in my ps3..

Some folks may be purchasing the xbox console for specific titles but I would have to venture a GUESS that gamers who like variety and flexibility will buy the Ps4. Especially with the price. So I would honestly have to predict that PlayStation will sell a retarded amount of these and that will mean even more games for those of us who want them since developers make games to make money and you don't make money if the console you develop for has fewer owners. :)

Actually it's more like this:

Region Lock:  PS4 - No, XB1 - Yes

Used Game Lock:  PS4 - Publisher Decides, XB1 - Yes

Online Check:  PS4 - No, XB1 - Yes

Membership Cost: PS4 and XB1 are the same if you purchase monthly, both offer discounts on bulk time purchases.  Both will offer free games to subscribers.

The vanilla offering of each will only have a 500GB hd.  That can fill up fast.  How much will it cost to upgrade each?

They really aren't too much different.  Sony is more permissive which will appeal to younger (especially more cash strapped) gamers.  Most older gamers I know don't worry about some of those things like region lock or online verification.

What happens if Microsoft loosens some of its more restrictive policies?  Does that level the playing field?  The smooth integration with Win8 and Win Phone 8 are also longer terms strengths for the XB1.  The PS4 definitely has the advantage out of the gate, but long term it's still pretty open.  Declaring victory this early is premature.

Us adults tend to worry more about costs and such than the younger kids so I'm not sure what you mean but that's neither here nor there. 

In any case besides the obvious Sony has several other legs up on Microsoft at this point in time. 

Indie Developers - Microsoft hasn't been overly nice to many of them and Sony is greeting them with arms wide open. 

Blizzard - Yeah, Blizzard is talking console exclusives with Sony not only with Diablo 3 (Which sucked) but also future titles.

MMO's - While Microsoft is getting a few, Sony has been more open with MMO developers and have quite a few coming to it's system and many as console exclusives. 

Bungie - Yes, the former Microsoft cash cow is not only bringing Destiny to the PS4 but it's also going to have exclusive content specifically for the PS4. 

Accessibility - Sure, the Xbox One is looking to integrate with Win8 and Win8 phones... but guess what... Sony wants to integrate with everything oO! They are looking to use mobile devices, the Vita, PC's, Mac's, etc. They aren't limiting there selves like Microsoft is. 

Hardware and Graphics - Sony simply wins here hands down and there is no debate on that. 

Exclusives - PS4 has a good bit, Xbox One has very few. The Xbox One exclusives were a bit funny because most when announced they also said they will be on ,at the very least, PC as well. 

I mean all in all, this list could continue to go on for a bit longer but I will stop here. Microsoft sacrificed a great deal to bring to the table a system that offers a ton of features that no one wants or needs. Sony on the other hand, even after beating Microsoft out in the last round of consoles stepped their game up and tried to deliver a end user driven gaming system. A system that was designed to enhance the gaming experience in every way they could think of and they even tried to deliver a system that developers wanted to develop for. 

So what happens if Microsoft loosens some of the more restrictive policies? I don't think much, there is just so many bad decisions that its hard to see a bounce back. They have given gamers very little reason to buy an Xbox One. They've tried to branch out and be appealing to others but... the Xbox One really doesn't serve very much purpose outside of gaming considering the other functions it performs are performed better by existing devices. 

Declaring victory this early is generally a bad idea but... the odds are overwhelmingly in Sony's favor here. 

• OpapanaxOpapanax Member Posts: 973
    Originally posted by evilastro
    Never owned a Playstation console before, PS4 will be my first.  It just beats Xbox One hands down.  I don't even know what Nintendo is trying to do anymore, I think they need to go the way of Sega and focus on games.

Nintendo has always gone the opposite direction as the other two system makers. It's just what they do really and they have become increasingly good at it.

The last Nintendo system that I owned myself was a Gamecube and though I was never interested in the ones after I always felt that their design and just overall flavor always stayed Nintendo. Which is super rare in our faddish times.

I don't know how much longer they will stay in the console market, but I don't see them leaving anytime soon. They are one of the (if not original) companies to make console gaming work and even carried the torch soley for some time with the original Nintendo system.

They make their system cheaper and more affordable for those gamers who might not be able to swinig a $400-$500 cost for a gaming system. Their games might not always be super adult or mature, but they have a place I think and a fairly solid foothold on their niche of the market.

PM before you report at least or you could just block.

• sxvssxvs Member Posts: 109
    Originally posted by Elikal

haha oh man! that sold me, i totally want a rock.

ps4 life

• HerXHerX Member Posts: 22

How about this gem from xbone site

• Give your family access to your entire games library anytime, anywhere: Xbox One will enable new forms of access for families. Up to ten members of your family can log in and play from your shared games library on any Xbox One. Just like today, a family member can play your copy of Forza Motorsport at a friend’s house. Only now, they will see not just Forza, but all of your shared games. You can always play your games, and any one of your family members can be playing from your shared library at a given time.
  • RelGnRelGn Member Posts: 494
    Both consoles require pay to play online so both consoles will fail