Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

New Ubisoft MMOTPS The Division

ShauneepeakShauneepeak Member UncommonPosts: 424

Tom Clancy's The Division

PS4, Xbox One, Unconfirmed for the PC

Release date 2014

http://tomclancy-thedivision.ubi.com/game/en-US/home/

I never even heard of this game until today's E3 coverage and was honestly the biggest surprise, to me at least(Sorry FFXV and KH3). This is honestly the first MMO shooter that truly looks impressive even the AI seemed fairly intelligent and the bullet damage on the vehicles was extremely impressive. Also the best part about this the backdrop for this game is actually realistic and Scarily possible has anyone heard of the new SARS-like Coronavirus with around a 60% death rate, no preventive measures, no cure/vaccine, human to animal transmission, and the cause of spread is unknown.

The real virus http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/lookout/virus-called-threat-entire-world-152046513.html

Trailer with the games backdrop http://www.gametrailers.com/videos/z2wvor/the-division-e3-2013--debut-teaser--stream-

Actual gameplay with the players truly seeming to have fun http://www.gametrailers.com/videos/iz5bzn/the-division-e3-2013--debut-gameplay--stream-

Same gameplay video but also includes an overlapping interview with the Game Director Ryan Barnard and Creative Director Nicklas Cederstrom. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dvbZfsvt2bE

So anyways the gist of this game is your character is a sleeper agent that was trained under the U.S. Government to activate during a doomsday scenario. We are stranded in New York city and our job is to survive no matter what it takes and try to bring back society from the brink by any means necessary. As sleeper agents we have very limited equipment and weapons must be scavenged and our only tool appears to be a watch like computer device with all our gathered information, special tracking systems, and a map of the city. You will have to find food and water to survive and the AI are not the most dangerous things to worry about real opposing players are the true threat.

Aside from the name this game looks mind blowing.

Edit: More info it is not completely open world PVP Ubisoft's way of handling this sounds perfect here it is. "The Division also has multiplayer elements, including a player-versus-player mode. You can enter certain dangerous parts of New York City and try to accumulate more loot than you might otherwise obtain. By challenging other players, you can earn goods that you need and a reputation as well."

The article http://venturebeat.com/2013/06/10/ubisofts-project-rogue-imagines-the-agents-who-will-save-us-from-the-apocalypse/

Comments

• ShauneepeakShauneepeak Member UncommonPosts: 424

Bump.

Trying to compete with the Xbox One and Playstation 4 threads is going to be hard....

• ElRenmazuoElRenmazuo Member RarePosts: 5,361
    I like how before they get extracted at the end they mention Manhattan and say we should go there later indicating everything in the background is explorable, and also how they get into a PvP fight with a random group of other players.  This and Destiny are the mmos im most looking forward to now. They both just blew my mind
    Originally posted by tkreep
    I like how before they get extracted at the end they mention Manhattan and say we should go there later indicating everything in the background is explorable, and also how they get into a PvP fight with a random group of other players.  This and Destiny are the mmos im most looking forward to now. They both just blew my mind

Definitely, though I have to choose this over Destiny from what I have seen so far the enemies simply died far to quickly in Destiny while in this the NPC enemies were actually able to take some damage and react intelligently. I liked how the one enemy flanked on the left and was able to surprise the player we were watching, though shame on him for being surprised I easily saw that coming lol. Destiny simply appears to be what Defiance should have been and Destiny isn't officially an "MMO" wish they would just get over that and call it what it is.

Hell Yeah! "Release date 2013"

Edit: Ubisoft website lied release date is sometime in 2014

Also some more juicy goodness.

"Revolutionary companion gaming
    On your smart phone or tablet, join your friends in real-time gameplay with exclusive characters. The app gives you a bird's eye view of the battlefield, the ability to attack enemies and to place targets for your allies or enhance their capabilities."

Actually a useful implementation of mobile devices.

Only on next-gen
    Powered by our new game engine Snowdrop™, tailor-made for next-gen consoles, Tom Clancy's The Division achieves a whole new level of gameplay quality. Snowdrop takes full advantage of the new consoles with dynamic global illumination, stunning procedural destruction and an insane amount of detail and visual effects.

No wonder it looks impressive it's an all new engine for next gen.

http://www.ubi.com/US/Games/Info.aspx?pId=11725

Well if this image ends up being in-game it appears Grand Central Station will be one of the major hubs for non-violent player interaction and trading.

• JaknifeJaknife Member Posts: 51

All looks VERY nice.

Can't wait for it.

Only issue, is nothing mentioned about a PC version.

On the Ubisoft "The Division" website, there are a lot of people asking about a PC version.

I have seen a couple of forum threads concerned about a lack of PC version.

Just need Ubisoft to confirm it will be on it.

I'd be surprised if it isn't though, Watchdogs already is listed for it, and they have a lot of PC exclusive games, being such a fresh / exciting new IP, it would cut down their revenue quite a bit, if they don't release it on it.

Bump
  • RavenRaven Member UncommonPosts: 2,005
    If its out for PC as well, yeah count me in! Otherwise, it is a nice game, like the concept, will probably give it a try if I do end up buying a console, but probably not something I will be looking for long term. 

• FusionFusion Member UncommonPosts: 1,398
    They'd be stupid not do a PC version, same goes for Destiny
    http://neocron-game.com/ - now totally F2P no cash-shops or micro transactions at all.
    Originally posted by Fusion

Completely agree hopefully it is just a timed release for consoles.

Ubisoft website lied release date is 2014 image

Here is an interview over the gameplay video revealed on Monday contained great information such as how PVP drops will work. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dvbZfsvt2bE

• ElRenmazuoElRenmazuo Member RarePosts: 5,361

I dont see how this game would even work on a low and mid range PCs since thats important for mmos.  The reason they made it for consoles is because they could develop it specifically for 8 gig ram, a graphics card equivalent to 560 gtx and 8 core cpu which is why the game looks this good for an mmo.  Just like how you would need a high end PC for planetside 2 but that games graphics still dont look half as good as the division. I rather have them make a game optimized for specific system specs rather than a multitude of specs which raises chances of bugs, graphics issues, and the game would not look as good as this if it was made with low and mid range specs in mind.  It would have mediocre graphics like all mmos yes even age of conan, AoC wish it had the physics, detailed animations and textures like this.

• ShadanwolfShadanwolf Member UncommonPosts: 2,392

Player looting is in the game.Frankly That stopped me from pursuing this game...and I only will play on a PC.

So just not a game for me.

Originally posted by Shadanwolf

Player looting is in the game.Frankly That stopped me from pursuing this game...and I only will play on a PC.

So just not a game for me.

The player looting only works with recently looted items soon as you make it back to a safe zone they are yours for good they are simply trying to make the PVP zones fun with a huge risk/reward system it has already been stated some of the best gear will be found within the PVP zones but they are only truly yours once you make it back home lol. You can sort of look at it like this i guess. Only the people who truly deserve the best gear will be able to acquire the best gear without purchasing it from someone.

• LoboMauLoboMau Member UncommonPosts: 395

This game and Destiny are only for Consoles. But there is this petition! Sign it!! https://www.change.org/petitions/ubisoft-release-tom-clancy-s-the-division-for-pc

In in love with this game. The moment I saw it in E3, all I could say was "WOW"! Mindblowing!

Originally posted by LoboMau

This game and Destiny are only for Consoles. But there is this petition! Sign it!! https://www.change.org/petitions/ubisoft-release-tom-clancy-s-the-division-for-pc

In in love with this game. The moment I saw it in E3, all I could say was "WOW"! Mindblowing!

Exact same here this was my #1 E3 game with probably MGS5 and Infamous coming in somewhere after. I was totally hyped for Destiny but the enemies seem way, way to easy hopefully they simply had the game toned down so they could put on a good presentation without both presenters getting themselves killed.

I dont see how this game would even work on a low and mid range PCs since thats important for mmos.  The reason they made it for consoles is because they could develop it specifically for 8 gig ram, a graphics card equivalent to 560 gtx and 8 core cpu which is why the game looks this good for an mmo.  Just like how you would need a high end PC for planetside 2 but that games graphics still dont look half as good as the division. I rather have them make a game optimized for specific system specs rather than a multitude of specs which raises chances of bugs, graphics issues, and the game would not look as good as this if it was made with low and mid range specs in mind.  It would have mediocre graphics like all mmos yes even age of conan, AoC wish it had the physics, detailed animations and textures like this.

They could always turn this game into the new Crisis or BF3.

The tagline could be "Play one of the greatest upcoming MMO shooters and see how long your Computer can last before it fries."

Console games are going to be so amazing if they actually design the games to use all 8 cores and the 7-7.5GB of Ram or whatever is actually usable on the PS4. This should definitely give PC games a big boost in quality.

• NoLimit5401NoLimit5401 Member UncommonPosts: 20
    People can say Destiny is better or the Division is better blah blah blah. I think we are getting 2 kick ass new games with these two. Both look amazing imo.
  • sakinahsakinah Member UncommonPosts: 39

From what i heard this is a single player game with some seamless multiplayer component rather than a MMO.*think dark souls*.

Where you get to invite people into your single player game and that world is yours and only yours(you get to affect that world an no body else).But troughout the game there are pvp area that automaticly connect you with others making it a bit mmo-ish i guess.

At least thats what i got from the gamespot interview if i remember correctly.

Originally posted by sakinah

From what i heard this is a single player game with some seamless multiplayer component rather than a MMO.*think dark souls*.

Where you get to invite people into your single player game and that world is yours and only yours(you get to affect that world an no body else).But troughout the game there are pvp area that automaticly connect you with others making it a bit mmo-ish i guess.

Ah crap, ya I just looked that up and Ubisoft originally labeled it as a Fully Persistent World MMO Third-person Shooter the Game Director Ryan Bernard corrected Ubisoft and said that only the PVP-Zones would be fully persistent because they want to keep the single-player experience as strong as possible. You can bring along a group of friends into the "single-player zones" however. So I guess this is another quasi MMO with massive social hubs and open PVP zones.

• SilverbarrSilverbarr Member Posts: 306
    Originally posted by Shauneepeak

Ah crap, ya I just looked that up and Ubisoft originally labeled it as a Fully Persistent World MMO Third-person Shooter the Game Director Ryan Bernard corrected Ubisoft and said that only the PVP-Zones would be fully persistent because they want to keep the single-player experience as strong as possible. You can bring along a group of friends into the "single-player zones" however. So I guess this is another quasi MMO with massive social hubs and open PVP zones.

Don't suppose you have a link for that? Been having a wee search and can't find much other than:

“We wanted a lighter game than [World of Warcraft]. I’m not calling [The Division] an MMO,” although he’s aware of the similarities. The Division will not, however, feature classes. “We allow you to progress through the skill tree as you refer,”

Which to me is saying that it's an MMO but a lighter version due to not having classes? Possibly the quote is just a bit obscure to myself haha.

"Regard your soldiers as your children, and they will follow you into the deepest valleys. Look on them as your own beloved sons, and they will stand by you even unto death!"
    - Sun Tzu, the Art of War

Support the Indie Developers - Kickstarter

Nevertheless it still look like an amazing game and if they do it right we could actualy get the best from both world :P

Originally posted by Silverbarr

Don't suppose you have a link for that? Been having a wee search and can't find much other than:

“We wanted a lighter game than [World of Warcraft]. I’m not calling [The Division] an MMO,” although he’s aware of the similarities. The Division will not, however, feature classes. “We allow you to progress through the skill tree as you refer,”

Which to me is saying that it's an MMO but a lighter version due to not having classes? Possibly the quote is just a bit obscure to myself haha.

i think this might be the video i was refereing to.(i cant know for sure because i cant watch it from where i am now)

http://www.gamespot.com/e3/tom-clancys-the-division-e3-2013-stage-demo-6410292/

Originally posted by Silverbarr

http://massively.joystiq.com/2013/06/14/e3-2013-the-division-ubisofts-mmo-shooter/