Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Population...

PsyMike3dPsyMike3d Member UncommonPosts: 388

I watch people daily to say that they will unsub from DF... 

Every "sorry" AV says with every announcement, a bunch of people, quit it.

Do you think this game will have the same fate as DF 1, in population?

(ps. i already quit DF the first month)

Comments

• xpiherxpiher Member UncommonPosts: 3,310
    No because the non competitive player that quit dfo in the first month are still playing

Games:
    Currently playing:Nothing
    Will play: Darkfall: Unholy Wars
    Past games:
    Guild Wars 2 - Xpiher Duminous
    Xpiher's GW2
    GW 1 - Xpiher Duminous
    Darkfall - Xpiher Duminous (NA) retired
    AoC - Xpiher (Tyranny) retired
    Warhammer - Xpiher

• MrBootsMrBoots Member UncommonPosts: 289
    That's where the game is headed if AV doesn't start releasing massive content patches and performance optimizations. They also need to drop the client price.
  • KellerKeller Member UncommonPosts: 602
    Originally posted by xpiher
    No because the non competitive player that quit dfo in the first month are still playing

which got countered by the DFO veterans who did not play DF:UW after what they saw in Beta ;)

The next few weeks will be important. If AV can deliver what they have promised with the upcoming patches, people will stay subbed and more people will return. If not, population will drop hard. The water school is a step in the right direction. It changed pvp and gave Elementalist a purpose.

• -Zeno--Zeno- Member CommonPosts: 1,298
    Originally posted by PsyMike3d

I watch people daily to say that they will unsub from DF... 

Every "sorry" AV says with every announcement, a bunch of people, quit it.

Do you think this game will have the same fate as DF 1, in population?

(ps. i already quit DF the first month)

I see a few threaten to quit or say they quit.  Then I find them playing the next day, the next week, and the next month.

Darkfall is a love hate relationship.

The definition of insanity: doing the same thing over and over expecting different results.

• wrekognizewrekognize Member UncommonPosts: 388

I don't know the answer to your question. But I see a lot of players daily in game.

• RealbigdealRealbigdeal Member UncommonPosts: 1,666
    Originally posted by PWN_FACE
    Originally posted by xpiher

I'm a non-competitive player and I just quit. I actually unsubbed and uninstalled yesterday. 

I want to say -- I'm not blaming Darkfall. I think it's a great game and I had a great time. I just realized I can't hack it. I spent a lot of time playing with my clan, like 4-8 hours per day 6-7 days a week. I was not the most efficient prowess earner, I know. I have a lot of feats ready to complete if I put some focused grinding in that would probably give me 15-20k in about a week.

But 2 weeks ago, I noticed some 120k guys standing around the bank with me at 30k. I just felt like that was it for me. I think I'm a so-so pvp guy. I never expected to be elite, but I thought I could get more done playing as much as I did with my clannies, who are mostly guys in their 20s and 30s with jobs and such. Seeing that 120k guy decked out in BIS was just discouraging to me. His clan is all powerful. You can't touch someone like that. You can't even compete on the same plane. 

And skill is also a factor. It's really not about prowess points that much. I've seen 14k pp destroy 40k pvp in the early game. That was about skill. Yesterday, I heard a bunch of our guys got destroyed 7 v 1. So if you're skilled and you have the time, DFUW is a great game. But for people like me, not so much.

I'm fine with that. I have absolutely no ill will toward DFUW or the players that dominate. Like I said, I just can't hack it. I need to find a game that's more my speed. But I want to see DFUW do well and survive. Although as I posted a few months ago, I believe it will experience the same fate as DF1.

Lol

Last thing you should blame if you lose is the prowess gap. After 15k, unless you're a mage, prowess is nothing unless you want to change your role and schools often.

I've seen a 9k prowess guy soloing 4-9 players and none of them had below 9k prowess and one of them had 40k prowess points. 

If your friends lost a 7 v 1, maybe, they accidentally hit each others more than the enemy especially in melee. You need ventrilo or something to communicate. Mages and skirmishers, when controlled by low skilled players, they die in a matter of sec even at 1000000000k prowess. The most common way to lose outnumbered, is when none of you had decent gears. You probably all had Rank 0 sets or less than rank 30 which is not much compared to a gear set that requires you to harvest some essences to make, but we're talking about 7 vs 1 so gears shouldnt even be a problem unless you're naked.

Levels in DF don't exist. Prowess points is nothing like a level 40 vs a level 85 from wow. You will never get one shotted and at 15k pp, you can win against anyone in a one on one.

C:\Users\FF\Desktop\spin move.gif

• KatlaOdindottirKatlaOdindottir Member Posts: 144
    The population is already less than the end of DF1, silly thread because the answer is an obvious yes.

www.daneslaw.com

@GamerKurisu

Awaiting Darkfall Unholy Wars

• GreymoorGreymoor Member UncommonPosts: 802
    Originally posted by KatlaOdindottir
    The population is already less than the end of DF1, silly thread because the answer is an obvious yes.

I'm aware you lot stopped playing but that is BS, I see DF1's end population in one safezone city alone.

If the population was so bad I wouldn't be able to count 30-70 people in a single city at primetime.

If the population was so bad we wouldn't fight 4 different 10man+ groups within 2 hours.

The population is good, there's a steady influx of new players and most likely a steady outflow of people who realise the game isn't for them.

• RealbigdealRealbigdeal Member UncommonPosts: 1,666
    Originally posted by Greymoor

I'm aware you lot stopped playing but that is BS, I see DF1's end population in one safezone city alone.

If the population was so bad I wouldn't be able to count 30-70 people in a single city at primetime.

If the population was so bad we wouldn't fight 4 different 10man+ groups within 2 hours.

The population is good, there's a steady influx of new players and most likely a steady outflow of people who realise the game isn't for them.

It's common for a large clan to have 30-70 players in one city regardless of the mmo you're playing. (irrelevant)

Too bad you didnt say 20+ or 30+ cuz it was pretty common in DFO regardless of the population. 

I left when i coudlnt find any group to beat my group of 5 and we were looking for a fight for hours only to find some farmers, afk gatherers and some unlucky players at the safe zone's borders. No!, i left because i'm tired to see everyone hiding in the safe zones or under their powerful zap towers that deals 30 damage per zaps. 

C:\Users\FF\Desktop\spin move.gif

Originally posted by Realbigdeal

It's common for a large clan to have 30-70 players in one city regardless of the mmo you're playing. (irrelevant)

Too bad you didnt say 20+ or 30+ cuz it was pretty common in DFO regardless of the population. 

I left when i coudlnt find any group to beat my group of 5 and we were looking for a fight for hours only to find some farmers, afk gatherers and some unlucky players at the safe zone's borders. No!, i left because i'm tired to see everyone hiding in the safe zones or under their powerful zap towers that deals 30 damage per zaps. 

Except at the end of DF1 EVERY city apart from 2-3 was completely abandoned.

If you can't find PvP you should've relocated because we have no problems finding PvP whenever we want it. If you're roaming safezone borders, that's your issue, why harass newer players?

Edit: The point being, the population is healthy and active. There's no point trying to argue otherwise because it's obvious to see in the game.

• ArskaaaArskaaa Member RarePosts: 1,265
    U wont get new players to game if there is not trial to try game.
  • GroovyFlowerGroovyFlower Member Posts: 1,245

If you can't find PvP you should've relocated because we have no problems finding PvP whenever we want it. If you're roaming safezone borders, that's your issue, why harass newer players?

Abandoned becouse they where all sitting with there viginas catching sand macroing wholeday long that with all the cheating eventually killed the game.

Ive played for 2.5 years and 99% time most players macroing in clantowns or somewhere exploiting mobs.

I hear even the that most bugs and exploits still in the game lol.

Originally posted by Arskaaa
    U wont get new players to game if there is not trial to try game.

Whilst I'm sure they'll add a trial to the game, same as DF1, there are plenty of new players atm.

Originally posted by GroovyFlower

Abandoned becouse they where all sitting with there viginas catching sand macroing wholeday long that with all the cheating eventually killed the game.

Ive played for 2.5 years and 99% time most players macroing in clantowns or somewhere exploiting mobs.

I hear even the that most bugs and exploits still in the game lol.

I'm sorry, what game are you playing? Macroing? Exploiting mobs?

• evilizedevilized Member UncommonPosts: 576

go somewhere away from the safezones and you will find a good number of parties out killing mobs. 

yes, less now than at / around launch but that is always the case with every game.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.

Somebody, somewhere has better skills as you have, more experience as you have, is smarter than you, has more friends as you do and can stay online longer. Just pray he's not out to get you.
  • gamekid2kgamekid2k Member Posts: 360
    I am seeing a lot of new players that are joining my clan in last 7 days.  I don't know about the population but I am getting ganked right and left in the game during treasure hunt, feat, traveling :-(    The world is huge so I think there is still a size able population.

Now Playing: DARKFALL Unholy Wars "Return to Open World, Full Loot PvP, Conquest in a Sandbox MMO with player driven economy! Just like classic MMOs!"