Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Elder Scrolls Online: Confirmed for Next-Gen Consoles & Spring 2014 Release

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

Bethesda has announced that Elder Scrolls Online will be released for PlayStation 4 and the XBox One in addition to the previously announced PC and Mac versions. In addition, "spring 2014" is now the target release date, according to the announcement out of the Los Angeles E3 convention.

“We are thrilled to bring this game to consoles, in addition to the PC and Mac,” said Matt Firor, game director of The Elder Scrolls Online. “It’s something our fans have been requesting since we first announced the title, and something our team is excited to offer. Everyone will be able to play The Elder Scrolls Online the way they want to play.”

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• Dreamo84Dreamo84 Member UncommonPosts: 3,713
    Uh oh...

• Sky.FalconSky.Falcon Member UncommonPosts: 60

spring 2014 makes me sad

Pretty much played every MMO that's come out since WoW.../sigh
  • ElRenmazuoElRenmazuo Member RarePosts: 5,361
    I already knew it would from what we have seen from the gameplay
  • flizzerflizzer Member RarePosts: 2,454
    Ugg
  • ShadanwolfShadanwolf Member UncommonPosts: 2,392

Another year to wait for this game. Thats very disappointing.

(yes I'm assuming 2nd quarter lanuch)

• Skeeter50Skeeter50 Member UncommonPosts: 147
    Originally posted by tkreep

You mean the game is casual, boring, and could be played successfully by a 6 year old child?

PC complexity is dead.

• bubalubabubaluba Member Posts: 434
    I give a look up and i see bunch of old conservative  pc players. I'm gamer from the time of zx 81 but my mind has evolved (ok my english not so much :)). Do you guys really think that sitting in front of  pc makes you something special and  better from console gamers? We all know why is pc so super popular again, because of facebook and forums and i think that  smashing  keys on keyboard  or turning mouse around doesn't make you ''computer freak'' or something like Bill Gates. So stop to show up because how we can see from Eve Online pc and consoles will share same world in future.
  • kreearakreeara Member Posts: 7
    wow, maybe i need to get a xbox one.. now oh boy.. i really do not want to pay 500 bucks for it though :(
  • ElRenmazuoElRenmazuo Member RarePosts: 5,361
    Originally posted by Skeeter50

You mean the game is casual, boring, and could be played successfully by a 6 year old child?

PC complexity is dead.

More buttons doesnt equal more complex gameplay...I have played so many games in the past 15 years of my life that had more complex gameplay and requires more twitch skill than any of the mmos released since WoW and some of those games didnt even require more than 4 buttons.  Games like portal are proof of that.

If the developers are creative they can make the game complex regardless of how many buttons the controller has.

You can play GW2 with a gamepad

PC complexity is dead.

More buttons doesnt equal more complex gameplay...I have played so many games in the past 15 years of my life that had more complex gameplay and requires more twitch skill than any of the mmos released since WoW and some of those games didnt even require more than 4 buttons.  Games like portal are proof of that.

If the developers are creative they can make the game complex regardless of how many buttons the controller has.

Nice post :). +1 for gw2

• ZzadZzad Member UncommonPosts: 1,401

2014 ?????

Wasn´t TESO supposed to be released this year for PC? 

o.O

• Skeeter50Skeeter50 Member UncommonPosts: 147
    Originally posted by bubaluba

PC complexity is dead.

HAHAHAH GW2 complex?....muhahahaha

• ZzadZzad Member UncommonPosts: 1,401
    Originally posted by bubaluba

PC complexity is dead.

HAHAHAH GW2 complex?....muhahahaha

GW2 is a very complex & complete game...don´t know why you are laughing at all....

• dgarbinidgarbini Member Posts: 185

I have been loosely following this game off and on for a bit now.  I am a big Elder Scrolls fan overall.  From following so far has been a bunch of ups and down, nothing has ever really made me fell like 'I must play this game'.  This recent development has to go into the down category for me.  Console again a downer, bad controls, less complexity, a drain on resources and a drain on focus, and of course the younger audience catered to.  As well as the 2014 release, if its not delayed again, shows me that there betas have not been doing so well and there is much work to be done still.  I kept wondering why we have heard so little info or videos of this game if it was to be released, I guess the answer was, it isn't ready.  I'm fine with companies taking their time to get it right, but just see it as a bad sign in my book.

And to the posts above, GW2, complex?  Who the hell are you kidding?  It has its good points but complexity is not one of them.  So bad example.  You could have said Skyrim is on consoles, that would be a more relevant comparison.  And many people hated that part of Skyrim (the controls).

• TheIdealistTheIdealist Member UncommonPosts: 45
    i hope same accounts for consoles and pcs..
  • CoolitCoolit Member UncommonPosts: 661
    Damn they delayed it, but I'm glad they aren't just going to rush and launch early like SWTOR with a buggy incomplete game. 
  • ArskaaaArskaaa Member RarePosts: 1,265
    sigh:( looong wait.
  • chase17tnchase17tn Member Posts: 93
    Originally posted by TheIdealist
    i hope same accounts for consoles and pcs..

dont get your hopes up sony and ms hate each other just another defiance no cross plateform  i bet

made by nonny
    and
    made by Braggi

thanks both u guys

• GroovyFlowerGroovyFlower Member Posts: 1,245

PC complexity is dead.

PC version going down the drain smaller maps(oh wait no big open world but 3 smaller ones) awefull controlls lesser graphics, and yes less complexity for our console friends bah:(

• GroovyFlowerGroovyFlower Member Posts: 1,245
    Thats why zenimax say its not an mmo but a multiplayer game so consoles can also handle this game.
  • Heretic451Heretic451 Member Posts: 69

PC complexity is dead.

More buttons doesnt equal more complex gameplay...

No, it equals more complex game design, though...

• MothanosMothanos Member UncommonPosts: 1,910

Dunno why people already start jumping the gun when 20 years ago we had complex games on consoles.

Iam not a ESO fan at all, dont give  a panny worth for this mmo, but saying concole lololol trashcan shit is abit to fast.

Look at FF ARR that comes both to PC / PS3 / PS4, it can add alot of players and still keep the game solid complex and high grade.

Dont judge before you have seen it, gaming is changing and the new consoles are not much worse then a good pc or in some cases even more powerfull then most pc's that havent been upgraded inwhile.

just check this tittle and its ingame play: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zek3eUBHlE4

it shows that its realy a powerfull machine, much more powerfull then the Xone.

Wait and see people.

• AldersAlders Member RarePosts: 2,207
    Originally posted by GroovyFlower
    Thats why zenimax say its not an mmo but a multiplayer game so consoles can also handle this game.

One has nothing to do with the other.

FFXI has been going for 11 years and is one of the most hardcore and complex MMO's available.  Well, it once was.

• AlakorAlakor Member UncommonPosts: 46
    Originally posted by Mothanos

Dunno why people already start jumping the gun when 20 years ago we had complex games on consoles.

Iam not a ESO fan at all, dont give  a panny worth for this mmo, but saying concole lololol trashcan shit is abit to fast.

Look at FF ARR that comes both to PC / PS3 / PS4, it can add alot of players and still keep the game solid complex and high grade.

Dont judge before you have seen it, gaming is changing and the new consoles are not much worse then a good pc or in some cases even more powerfull then most pc's that havent been upgraded inwhile.

just check this tittle and its ingame play: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zek3eUBHlE4

it shows that its realy a powerfull machine, much more powerfull then the Xone.

Wait and see people.

You havent played defiance have you?

Originally posted by dgarbini

I have been loosely following this game off and on for a bit now.  I am a big Elder Scrolls fan overall.  From following so far has been a bunch of ups and down, nothing has ever really made me fell like 'I must play this game'.  This recent development has to go into the down category for me.  Console again a downer, bad controls, less complexity, a drain on resources and a drain on focus, and of course the younger audience catered to.  As well as the 2014 release, if its not delayed again, shows me that there betas have not been doing so well and there is much work to be done still.  I kept wondering why we have heard so little info or videos of this game if it was to be released, I guess the answer was, it isn't ready.  I'm fine with companies taking their time to get it right, but just see it as a bad sign in my book.

And to the posts above, GW2, complex?  Who the hell are you kidding?  It has its good points but complexity is not one of them.  So bad example.  You could have said Skyrim is on consoles, that would be a more relevant comparison.  And many people hated that part of Skyrim (the controls).

Wait i think you didn't understand anything. Try to read first, we said that gw2 is not complex and you can play it with gamepad without any problems.