Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Elder Scrolls Online... The Next Big First Person Shooter!!!!

First they add First person, simply because people were whining about it, now this? Consoles, are you serious? This is a joke, it's turning into Call of Duty: Tamriel Edition... This game just went from good to bad to joke. 

And yes, before you say anything, I know the Single player games had first person and were on consoles. News Flash: This is (was) an MMO. NO respectable MMO should ever even THINK about launching on consoles... Gimme a break.

Edit: Oh, not to mention the slap in the face to the PC community, making us ALL wait months longer for the game? Screw you guys.

Comments

• chaintmchaintm Member UncommonPosts: 953
    Actually make sense, the pc community in general hasn't been excited about it, they have had ad's in a ton of sites, magazines etc to join their beta sign up, im guessing here, but I bet it's not going to well. I don't know 1 single person in my group of friends that is interested in it. All are interested in wildstar and eqnext at this point. They might as well try to find some audience that will take the game.

"The monster created isn't by the company that makes the game, it's by the fans that make it something it never was"

• ElRenmazuoElRenmazuo Member RarePosts: 5,361
    The Division and Destiny puts all these "respectable" traditional mmo gameplay/world/graphics since WoW to shame.
  • CelusiosCelusios Member UncommonPosts: 337
    With the capabilities of the new Xbox One (wouldn't say PS4 as they always disappoint.. feel bad for you fan boys lol) I am not surprised and not going to bash it like you. This marks the beginning era of console gaming being able to be an MMO. I like it, just like that title Destiny coming. Truth is the console market is much larger than us PC gamers. Why wouldn't a company expand to it if it has the opportunity? 
  • keithiankeithian Member UncommonPosts: 3,191
    Originally posted by Celusios
    With the capabilities of the new Xbox One (wouldn't say PS4 as they always disappoint.. feel bad for you fan boys lol) I am not surprised and not going to bash it like you. This marks the beginning era of console gaming being able to be an MMO. I like it, just like that title Destiny coming. Truth is the console market is much larger than us PC gamers. Why wouldn't a company expand to it if it has the opportunity? 

totally agree, except for your PS4 comment lol

There Is Always Hope!

• lavosslayerlavosslayer Member Posts: 55

Someone hasn't looked at the console spec sheet lately...PS4 kills Xbox in so many ways on tech...

• STYNKFYSTSTYNKFYST Member Posts: 290

This is yet another post where most know nothing....yet post like they do

Get a clue....then merge these posts...srsly

• scrittyscritty Member Posts: 89

So it comes with a keyboard and mouse? Brilliant!

I mean with the 60+ keys (as well as mouse buttons and mouse movement)  you need for a proper immersive MMO experience you couldn't possibly play one of those with a gamepad. Just look how hard FFXI is on PS2 compared with PC and what a mess the UI is on FFXIV (and how they have dumbed the game down just to accomodate a retarded gamepad control system)

Was looking forward to this. Now having to wait an extra 6 months for a "POPAMOLE" MMO? No thanks.

BTW pre ordered XBOX1 and PS3. I have every console going back to 2600 including Neo and Famicom (and Atari Jaguar even)  Love consoles - it's not the processor that makes consoles poor at MMO's - it's the control method.

Expect this game to get SERIOUSLY dumbed down from your initial expectations and becasue of the compromises they make so that the CONTROLS of a console are used.

An extra 6 months to play a game that is likely to be Diablo 3 in first person? Or worse a "twitch" based popamole "ARPG" with the gamplay depth of a spit puddle

• KatlaOdindottirKatlaOdindottir Member Posts: 144
    Cor you kids think all that stuff looked good... Watch Dogs ><

www.daneslaw.com

@GamerKurisu

Awaiting Darkfall Unholy Wars

• ThaneThane Member EpicPosts: 3,534

pfff, if we gonna play "bash the systems" here, i'd go for

"all RPGs which are not played with pen and paper are a nice try, but i feel pitty for you guys who have to play those dumbed down games they call RPGs nowadays!"

here, now you have something to rage, hf :)

"I'll never grow up, never grow up, never grow up! Not me!"

Originally posted by keithian

totally agree, except for your PS4 comment lol

Haha, had to throw it in there.

Originally posted by lavosslayer

Someone hasn't looked at the console spec sheet lately...PS4 kills Xbox in so many ways on tech...

I'm sure, just as you PS3 kids said about the 360 last time. Anyways this wasn't to dispute which console is better but to acknowledge how cool it is that MMO's are finally going to consoles.

Originally posted by scritty

So it comes with a keyboard and mouse? Brilliant!

I mean with the 60+ keys (as well as mouse buttons and mouse movement)  you need for a proper immersive MMO experience you couldn't possibly play one of those with a gamepad. Just look how hard FFXI is on PS2 compared with PC and what a mess the UI is on FFXIV (and how they have dumbed the game down just to accomodate a retarded gamepad control system)

Was looking forward to this. Now having to wait an extra 6 months for a "POPAMOLE" MMO? No thanks.

BTW pre ordered XBOX1 and PS3. I have every console going back to 2600 including Neo and Famicom (and Atari Jaguar even)  Love consoles - it's not the processor that makes consoles poor at MMO's - it's the control method.

Expect this game to get SERIOUSLY dumbed down from your initial expectations and becasue of the compromises they make so that the CONTROLS of a console are used.

An extra 6 months to play a game that is likely to be Diablo 3 in first person? Or worse a "twitch" based popamole "ARPG" with the gamplay depth of a spit puddle

As if the combination of keys made an MMO. I would point out Neverwinter as an example, it easily has less than 15 key combinations in fighting. You can use their system on a console easily. Oh and nearly every sports game has like 100127128971289212 trick skills all coordinated through using the joystick in a certain manner, mixed with controls. I tend to like this more, as the skill level rises opposed to "tap 1 bro".

P.S. Sorry for spam posts, but this site's multi-quote system is horrid.

• Beerman27Beerman27 Member Posts: 23
    Im hell excited about it, finally a semi realistic looking game that takes me back to Age of Conan graphics style days, so sick of hyper Korean fantasy mmos that look like they are made for 10yos.
  • EntinerintEntinerint Member UncommonPosts: 868
    People said they wanted Skyrim Online, and now they got it!  Skyrim was primarily a console game after all.
  • deakondeakon Member Posts: 583
    Can't wait to see this site when/if EQN gets announced for ps4 too, which I think is a very real possibility
  • KuppaKuppa Member UncommonPosts: 3,292

I can understand you being pissed of about the console thing, mmo players think they can only have games on PC...

but complaining about first person view, that's ridiculous.

• KareliaKarelia Member Posts: 668
    Originally posted by Entinerint
    People said they wanted Skyrim Online, and now they got it!  Skyrim was primarily a console game after all.

agree

this  teso mmo will turn to be the joke of the decade...

• Dreamo84Dreamo84 Member UncommonPosts: 3,713
    Originally posted by lavosslayer

I'm sure, just as you PS3 kids said about the 360 last time. Anyways this wasn't to dispute which console is better but to acknowledge how cool it is that MMO's are finally going to consoles.

Technically, PS3 does have superior hardware in a lot of ways. The problem was, it was too different from the standard so developers had a harder time developing for it. Look at Beyond: Two Souls for an example of the PS3's power, a lot of people are commenting on the gameplay footage thinking its a PS4 title it looks that good.

With PS4 however, they are going for an x86 system which is standard for PCs Xbox etc so it's going to be a lot easier this time around. I don't know about it being faster? From what I heard the specs are basically identical between the PS4 and Xbone.

I pre-ordered a PS4 myself, mostly because I like the first party titles Sony creates. If I was a big Halo or Gears of War fan I might go Xbone myself. But I gotta have my God of War games and Little Big Planet! etc =P

P.S. Fable series is awesome but thankfully they always release those on PC =D

• BetaguyBetaguy Member UncommonPosts: 2,627
    Originally posted by tkreep
    The Division and Destiny puts all these "respectable" traditional mmo gameplay/world/graphics since WoW to shame.

Can't wait to play The Division

"The King and the Pawn return to the same box at the end of the game"

• LeetheLeethe Member UncommonPosts: 893
    Originally posted by Thane

pfff, if we gonna play "bash the systems" here, i'd go for

"all RPGs which are not played with pen and paper are a nice try, but i feel pitty for you guys who have to play those dumbed down games they call RPGs nowadays!"

here, now you have something to rage, hf :)

This is so true but I don't know if there are many left that remember interactive entertainment where you were interacting with actual people. Actually in the same room.

There is NO miracle patch.

95% of what you see in beta won't change by launch.

Hope is not a stategy.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.

Somebody, somewhere has better skills as you have, more experience as you have, is smarter than you, has more friends as you do and can stay online longer. Just pray he's not out to get you.