Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

ArcheAge - Japanese CBT/OBT/Release announced, Pay2Play!

Informer80Informer80 Member Posts: 91

Comments

• pmilespmiles Member Posts: 383
    Not really interested in Steam Punk so I really don't care what the payment model is.  But since it will go F2P within 6 months, it only really affects the early adopters.
  • hikaru77hikaru77 Member UncommonPosts: 1,123
    I saw on this forums a pic with a starbucks house ingame, Korean MMOs?, No, thanks.  
  • GranDuxGranDux Member Posts: 70
    Excellent. Will be signing up for CBT shortly. If no go the release will be faster and complete in Japan. :)
  • TheJodaTheJoda Member UncommonPosts: 605
    Originally posted by GranDux
    Excellent. Will be signing up for CBT shortly. If no go the release will be faster and complete in Japan. :)

thank god Pay to Play!!  Now just get the crap starbox and pics out of the game!

....Being Banned from MMORPG's forums since 2010, for Trolling the Trolls!!!

• faiyofaiyo Member Posts: 123
    Originally posted by hikaru77
    I saw on this forums a pic with a starbucks house ingame, Korean MMOs?, No, thanks.  

see ya. There are plenty of people who could care less

• DahkohtDahkoht Member UncommonPosts: 479

P2P and not F2P launch.

Thank god , gives hope to the NA launch of being the same.

• rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722

ill wait until the model changes down the road. Adding a bunch of side stuff to do in an mmo is always good, but keeping the same boring progression we have been doing for ages makes it just another generic mmo. Not worth the sub to me Personally. MMORPG companies keep forgetting that character progression is one of the most important parts of an mmo, and they continue to leave it as generic as possible.

EDIT" i would have prefered Buy to Play like GW2, with a subscription option for extra perks.

• GrailerGrailer Member UncommonPosts: 893

If this game isn't on the PS4 Im not interested.

NextGen is where its at .

• OnomasOnomas Member UncommonPosts: 1,147
    Originally posted by Grailer

You must not play a lot of mmorpg's then ;)

And wont get my hopes up for a p2p here in the US yet, until Trion says so. But actually nothing coming from Trion's side has me a little bummed. Its not to hard to translate and release unless they are westernizing it. If that's the case, the game will die fast.

• free2playfree2play Member UncommonPosts: 2,043
    Originally posted by pmiles
    Not really interested in Steam Punk so I really don't care what the payment model is.  But since it will go F2P within 6 months, it only really affects the early adopters.

True.

It wouldn't stop me, I'd buy the box and invest 3-6 months of Subscription if I thought I was contributing to something good. That's how it went with Tera. I liked the look of it, I gave them my money.

This game however needs to define it's world PvP status before they get a dime or a MB of bandwidth from me.

• DarthRaidenDarthRaiden Member UncommonPosts: 4,333
    Originally posted by hikaru77

Not agree with starbucks ? create your own IP with medieval art...

The point is you have the freedom to do it !

Thats oldskool, thats the idea behind MMORPG's !

Archage start already to spark long lost SWG Pre CU feelings in me and the golden age of MMORPG's. Enough of the narrowminded gameplay designs. Go GO Archage !!

-----MY-TERMS-OF-USE--------------------------------------------------
    $OE - eternal enemy of online gaming
    -We finally WON !!!! 2011 $OE accepted that they have been fired 2005 by the playerbase and closed down ridiculous NGE !!

"There was suppression of speech and all kinds of things between disturbing and fascistic." Raph Koster (parted $OE)

• KrimzinKrimzin Member UncommonPosts: 687

This game has tons of potential. The naval battles and Glider combat look great..
    Lets see how the translation goes.

Just because I'm a gamer doesn't mean I drive a Honda.
    Best Duo Ever

Lets see your Battle Stations /r/battlestations
    Battle Station 
  • OpapanaxOpapanax Member Posts: 973
    Originally posted by coretex666

/facepalm

You gotta give him credit for his ethusiasim..

PM before you report at least or you could just block.

• DamonVileDamonVile Member UncommonPosts: 4,818
    If this game goes p2p it will be interesting to see if that payment model really is dead or not. This game with all the hype and large number of fans has all it needs to succeed as a p2p game. But will people stay past the next new mmo launching after.
  • GrailerGrailer Member UncommonPosts: 893
    Originally posted by Opapanax

/facepalm

A console only guy comes to MMORPG forum and claims he is not interested in games which are not made for consoles.

What is he even doing here? Is he posting this comment in every MMORPG forum section that is on this site or what.

Well since all the best games are going to be on PS4 I wont be upgrading my PC for a while .

Ill probably play Destiny or ESO , I hear those are going to be on PS4 and will be NextGen.

• azmundaiazmundai Member UncommonPosts: 1,419

Originally posted by Opapanax

Originally posted by Grailer If this game isn't on the PS4 Im not interested.   NextGen is where its at .
    /facepalm
    A console only guy comes to MMORPG forum and claims he is not interested in games which are not made for consoles.

What is he even doing here? Is he posting this comment in every MMORPG forum section that is on this site or what.

account is from 06 with a few hundred posts so Im going to go with someone who couldn't hack in in wow /snicker .. and now works at microsoft.

LFD tools are great for cramming people into content, but quality > quantity.
    I am, usually on the sandbox .. more "hardcore" side of things, but I also do just want to have fun. So lighten up already :)