Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

E3 Elder Scrolls Online Coming to PS4

Comments

• ReaperUkReaperUk Member UncommonPosts: 758
    Originally posted by Heafstagg
    Originally posted by Battlerock
    Well I guess this means I won't be playing ESO

I'm so confused. Why would you not play it if its going to be on the ps4 as well? Who care's? Unless it directly affects the PC users in a negative fashion...who care's? Ahhh your posts make no sense..

Anyone that played Defiance on PC knows how adapting games to play on consoles has a negative effect on the PC players. Everything has to be a compromise leading to a downgraded gaming experience.

• baphametbaphamet Member RarePosts: 3,311

i played morrowind, oblivion, and skyrim all on a PC knowing you could also play it on consoles and it didn't seem to effect my enjoyment much.

some of the things people complain about crack me up sometimes lol

• Vunak23Vunak23 Member UncommonPosts: 633
    Later down the road any console release is going to kill them.. not that the game wasn't DOA anyway. But the console release of FF11 really crippled it in the long run. Not being able to do engine upgrades and the likes. One of the main reasons smn never got the ability upgrades it needed. 

"In the immediate future, we have this one, and then we’ve got another one that is actually going to be – so we’re going to have, what we want to do, is in January, what we’re targeting to do, this may or may not happen, so you can’t hold me to it. But what we’re targeting to do, is have a fun anniversary to the Ilum shenanigans that happened. An alien race might invade, and they might crash into Ilum and there might be some new activities that happen on the planet." ~Gabe Amatangelo

• Skeeter50Skeeter50 Member UncommonPosts: 147
    Originally posted by baphamet

i played morrowind, oblivion, and skyrim all on a PC knowing you could also play it on consoles and it didn't seem to effect my enjoyment much.

Those were all RPG SINGLE PLAYER .......TESO is a mmorpg with massive pvp...or was.

• ElRenmazuoElRenmazuo Member RarePosts: 5,361
    Originally posted by Vunak23
    Later down the road any console release is going to kill them.. not that the game wasn't DOA anyway. But the console release of FF11 really crippled it in the long run. Not being able to do engine upgrades and the likes. One of the main reasons smn never got the ability upgrades it needed. 

which pc exclusive mmos have done a engine upgrade? the only thing that comes to mind is WoW getting higher res textures for some areas and items.

Originally posted by Skeeter50
    Originally posted by baphamet

Those were all RPG SINGLE PLAYER .......TESO is a mmorpg with massive pvp...or was.

its still a massive pvp mmorpg.  If PS4 can run planetside 2 this will be nothing

Originally posted by tkreep

which pc exclusive mmos have done a engine upgrade? the only thing that comes to mind is WoW getting higher res textures for some areas and items.

Everquest has seen overhauls. EVE. Darkfall. SWG. AoC. L2. UO. Need I continue?

"In the immediate future, we have this one, and then we’ve got another one that is actually going to be – so we’re going to have, what we want to do, is in January, what we’re targeting to do, this may or may not happen, so you can’t hold me to it. But what we’re targeting to do, is have a fun anniversary to the Ilum shenanigans that happened. An alien race might invade, and they might crash into Ilum and there might be some new activities that happen on the planet." ~Gabe Amatangelo

• superpatasuperpata Member UncommonPosts: 190
    Aion had a revamp, I heard the reboot of FF14 is also improved: ).

Everquest has seen overhauls. EVE. Darkfall. SWG. AoC. Need I continue?

Those were mostly gameplay overhauls and just higher res texture improvements.  SWG overhaul killed the game, darkfall had to re-release the game changing its title...Everquest and AoC both went free to play.  And what did Age of Conan overhaul? I went back and its still pretty much the same with less bugs and better performance since release.  Final Fantasy 11 and FF14 a crossplatform mmorpg also did a overhaul and is still p2p. Need I continue?

Everquest has seen overhauls. EVE. Darkfall. SWG. AoC. Need I continue?

Those were mostly gameplay overhauls and just higher res texture improvements.  SWG overhaul killed the game, darkfall had to re-release the game changing its title...Everquest and AoC both went free to play.  And what did Age of Conan overhaul? I went back and its still pretty much the same with less bugs and better performance since release.  Final Fantasy 11 and FF14 a crossplatform mmorpg also did a overhaul and is still p2p. Need I continue?

You obviously don't understand. 

AoC is constantly updating the dreamworld engine. Everquest has been in service for over 15 years...I think they can go F2P if they want, not like SWTOR going F2P before a year is up. You are right Darkfall had to go back into development and re-release. Do you really think they could have done that so smoothly with having to work around the limited specs consoles bring to the table? 

Also. FF11 never did an overhaul Not in its 11 years of service, and FFXIV wasn't cross-platform yet so they were able to do the revamp without limitation, also they downgraded the requirements on the system. The previous iteration of the game demanded a hell of alot more than the new version. 

• keithiankeithian Member UncommonPosts: 3,191

As far as I'm concerned the more platforms the better, especially due to the mega server structure. I never understand why any company that doesn't want to be profitable narrows to a single platform. All that does is force a percentage of gamers to play something else.

I only wonder if I start on the PC version, can I switch at will between the PS4 version when I want to play in one room to my PC version that is in another room.

There Is Always Hope!

• ice-vortexice-vortex Member UncommonPosts: 960
    Originally posted by MyBoot

I'm so confused. Why would you not play it if its going to be on the ps4 as well? Who care's? Unless it directly affects the PC users in a negative fashion...who care's? Ahhh your posts make no sense..

It means the game gets bottle necked to the lowest device on which it's released i.e PS4 

The lowest device it is released on is a low end PC.

• CaldrinCaldrin Member UncommonPosts: 4,505

Quite a few...

Everquest - Full grpahics overhall with one of the exp packs

AO - graphics updates and engine updates

AOC - Graphics and engnie updates with the exp pack and some seperate updates

Eve - Grpahics updates and engine updates with most exp packs.

STO with the recent romulan exp pack.. tho it was not much of an update.

I am sure there are others as well..

As for this being on PS4.. well other than the UI having to be basic for console controls at the moment I dont see it as a bad thing as such, its not like they are going to cut back on the PC version so it will work on the console. ESO is not exactly a high AAA graphics game anyway but even if it was the PS4 is based on PC hardware and will scale pretty well I would think.

Saying that I am not really looking forward to this as I am pretty sure its going to be bad anyway.

• lavosslayerlavosslayer Member Posts: 55
    Originally posted by MyBoot

It means the game gets bottle necked to the lowest device on which it's released i.e PS4 

Assuming all devices play on the same servers which is highly unlikely...

• crasset15crasset15 Member UncommonPosts: 194

If releasing on consoles means they will have 5 times more players, then this is a good thing. It can mean that they can sustain the game with a sub fee. Cash shop to me is more of a dealbreaker at this point than a few console streamlinings.

Also it gets an extra 6 months. I don't know if they will also work on additional content in that time or not. Lets be honest here 2013 would have been a rushed release and we all know how those usually end up.

• CaldrinCaldrin Member UncommonPosts: 4,505
    Originally posted by bestever
    It'll be on both systems which is good. Just wonder if they will all be on the same servers. If so thats great for population. PC, XBOX ONE, PS4. Good choice on bethesda's part. 

well now the consoles are basically PCs it would be a lot easier to do this..

Tho I am not sure if microsoft would like anything connecting into their network from outside... I am not sure how sony run their online services so cant comment on that.

• ShauneepeakShauneepeak Member UncommonPosts: 424
    Originally posted by Caldrin
    Originally posted by bestever
    It'll be on both systems which is good. Just wonder if they will all be on the same servers. If so thats great for population. PC, XBOX ONE, PS4. Good choice on bethesda's part. 

well now the consoles are basically PCs it would be a lot easier to do this..

Tho I am not sure if microsoft would like anything connecting into their network from outside... I am not sure how sony run their online services so cant comment on that.

Sony is more laid back both Portal 2 and Dust 514 have PS3 with PC interaction. Microsoft has been the one restricting crossplatform gaming.

• STYNKFYSTSTYNKFYST Member Posts: 290

"well now the consoles are basically PCs it would be a lot easier to do this.."

Huh?

Wha?!?

Basically....no they are never ever gonna be. PCs are always gonna dominate everything but some jackass thing about needing a controller....thassall

• AnthurAnthur Member UncommonPosts: 961

As MMOs are played for 3 months at the most nowadays I am not really sure I care anymore whether they port it to console.

Yes the UI will suck, the graphics will be outdated in a few years, the gameplay will be inferior compared to a PC only game and the community will be dominated by super casual players who stay a few months.

But as I said, "a few months" is the average playtime for any MMO today anyway, so what...

• alakramalakram Member UncommonPosts: 2,301

I dont see it as a reason to not buy it but usually if a game UI is designed for PC and Console that means that the UI is optimized for console and it will be horrible to use on PC. All filled with menus instead of fast "click in the screen" button. It happened to skyrim for example.

• megaraxmegarax Member UncommonPosts: 269
    Originally posted by STYNKFYST

"well now the consoles are basically PCs it would be a lot easier to do this.."

Huh?

Wha?!?

Basically....no they are never ever gonna be. PCs are always gonna dominate everything but some jackass thing about needing a controller....thassall

Stop posting.

• xpiherxpiher Member UncommonPosts: 3,310

If its not cross plate form who cares

If its easy to play the game on a controller then it fails. See FFXI user interface.

Games:
    Currently playing:Nothing
    Will play: Darkfall: Unholy Wars
    Past games:
    Guild Wars 2 - Xpiher Duminous
    Xpiher's GW2
    GW 1 - Xpiher Duminous
    Darkfall - Xpiher Duminous (NA) retired
    AoC - Xpiher (Tyranny) retired
    Warhammer - Xpiher

• xpiherxpiher Member UncommonPosts: 3,310
    Originally posted by crasset15

If releasing on consoles means they will have 5 times more players, then this is a good thing. It can mean that they can sustain the game with a sub fee. Cash shop to me is more of a dealbreaker at this point than a few console streamlinings.

Also it gets an extra 6 months. I don't know if they will also work on additional content in that time or not. Lets be honest here 2013 would have been a rushed release and we all know how those usually end up.

Its going to be a rushed release anyways because its not about quality with MMOs its about money which is why ESO is using the same crappy gear grind treadmill content generator and AvAvA PvP reward system as every other MMO on the market. 

Games:
    Currently playing:Nothing
    Will play: Darkfall: Unholy Wars
    Past games:
    Guild Wars 2 - Xpiher Duminous
    Xpiher's GW2
    GW 1 - Xpiher Duminous
    Darkfall - Xpiher Duminous (NA) retired
    AoC - Xpiher (Tyranny) retired
    Warhammer - Xpiher

• IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    Originally posted by alakram

I dont see it as a reason to not buy it but usually if a game UI is designed for PC and Console that means that the UI is optimized for console and it will be horrible to use on PC. All filled with menus instead of fast "click in the screen" button. It happened to skyrim for example.

Except the ui already exists and is the cleanest ui I've ever seen. The abilities bar as well as the health, magika and stamina bars all auto hide when not in use. 

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• beefdrippingsbeefdrippings Member Posts: 17
    The game will be flawless on consoles because it was designed for it. I wonder how people will communicate and stuff. they cant run vent or some kind of voip can they? get some kind of little bluetooth keyboard i guess but will there be in game voip for consoles and not for pc users? There is simply no way to port a complete multiplayer pc game to any console no matter how much 2010 hardware they load into it. this is a fact. they did not spend over 50 million dollars to make this game, then stop, delay, and now port to consoles. they designed a highly instanced, simple co-op style rpg for consoles, but a pc will also run it.thats why you can only pvp in one area thats highly broken up into campaigns and the whole community is split in pve, because an entire open world at that scale wouldnt work on consoles. thats how all modern games that take this path work. they designed it so that the gameplay would scale to a console setting from the beginning. you wont believe the finer points of this agenda but this is reality. they want you on xbox and ps.