Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

PS4 JUST WON CONSOLE WARS $399

BattlerockBattlerock Member CommonPosts: 1,393
E3 right now

Comments

• SebaliSebali Member UncommonPosts: 395
    ive been an xbox guy for years but i gotta agree
  • KatlaOdindottirKatlaOdindottir Member Posts: 144
    At launch serious? that equates to about £255 that is soo cheap for a brand new next tech console, can't wait!

www.daneslaw.com

@GamerKurisu

Awaiting Darkfall Unholy Wars

• TheLizardbonesTheLizardbones Member CommonPosts: 10,910

No restrictions on used games, no online requirement, lower price and it supports a lot of the television cr@p that Microsoft is pushing. Sony could be the gamer's console for the future.

I can not remember winning or losing a single debate on the internet.

• samuraislyr4samuraislyr4 Member UncommonPosts: 73
    Originally posted by Torvaldr

What about the requirement for PlayStation Plus in order to play online multi-player games.

That means more to me than DRM or always online.  I'm always online anyway and DRM doesn't mean much when I can only play it on the console anyway.

I'll admit this does suck a little considering for the PS3 it was optonal, but PS+ is such a deal and I'll be keeping my subscription anyway, it's a lot better than what Microsoft offers at a slightly higher price.

The free games are worth the PS+ price alone. Rarely has Sony put a subpar game up on the PS+ list, most are truly excellent games.

• GrailerGrailer Member UncommonPosts: 893

And the best games are on PS4 like EQN 

btw has anyone got a link to the EQN PS4 Trailer ? I cant find it .

• rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722
    Originally posted by bestever
    I don't agree they both have great games and I'll be getting both so I'm the WINNER. I'm a gamer not a fan boy.

i agree to this, but this time i will replace my xbox with a WII U or a Vita as a second console. PS4 will stay as my main console (not counting my PC of course). Xbox has nothing for me this generation. When my gold memberships ends this december, itll be a good riddance

• Asm0deusAsm0deus Member EpicPosts: 4,403
    Originally posted by samuraislyr4

What about the requirement for PlayStation Plus in order to play online multi-player games.

That means more to me than DRM or always online.  I'm always online anyway and DRM doesn't mean much when I can only play it on the console anyway.

I'll admit this does suck a little considering for the PS3 it was optonal, but PS+ is such a deal and I'll be keeping my subscription anyway, it's a lot better than what Microsoft offers at a slightly higher price.

The free games are worth the PS+ price alone. Rarely has Sony put a subpar game up on the PS+ list, most are truly excellent games.

Yeah, but nothing about either console inspires me to put the money into that hardware and platform.  I don't want to subscribe to any gaming service like either PS+ or XBL.  If anything it convinces me more to keep it in PCs and mobile devices.  I've owned consoles in the past so it's not like I hate them.  I just don't see the value right now.

I have to agree I have a ps3 and it been mainly used to play blu rays. Being forced  to have a sub to PS+ is nail in the coffin for me.

Brenics ~ Just to point out I do believe Chris Roberts is going down as the man who cheated backers and took down crowdfunding for gaming.

• DeaconXDeaconX Member UncommonPosts: 3,062
    I'm still a PC gamer, but yeah... Sony put Microsoft to shame... as they deserve.

Why do I write, create, fantasize, dream and daydream about other worlds? Because I hate what humanity does with this one.

BOYCOTTING EA / ORIGIN going forward.

• IfrianMMOIfrianMMO Member UncommonPosts: 252
    I am a nintendo guy but one must recognize when Sony does something right.

• FoomerangFoomerang Member UncommonPosts: 5,628

My ps+ sub comes out to about $3.25 a month and with all the heavily discounted and free games offered, it has paid for itself a hundred fold. Now I can add a mmorpgs to the list.

• ElRenmazuoElRenmazuo Member RarePosts: 5,361
    the only thing im mad about is that Killer instinct is Xbox One Exclusive
  • William12William12 Member Posts: 680
    Originally posted by Grailer

And the best games are on PS4 like EQN 

btw has anyone got a link to the EQN PS4 Trailer ? I cant find it .

There isn't one because he never said it people spread the rumor because he said he loves the ps4.   He confirmed PS2 and DCUO on the PS4 NOT EQN but said its not out of the question.

• DahkohtDahkoht Member UncommonPosts: 479
  • ElikalElikal Member UncommonPosts: 7,912

It is a great day for gamers.

The consoles were essentially saved by SONY at this day. If PS4 would have done the same as XBOX One, over time people would have little reason to have a console, because the lack of DRM, no online control, share games, easy resell were major boni of a console over a PC. Just shove in the disc and play. Easy gaming. MS with they "all entertainment" controling your life machine just had lost the way. Had PS4 gone the same way, consoles might be at their end. So PS4 and SONY saved consoles, I think it is no exxageration to say.

Also for PC gamers it is a win, because if a big company like SONY does NOT follow the "always online" and DRM trend, thats a good thing. Had Sony embraced always online and DRM, this would have been the final nail in the old gaming model. Now the "game" is open on the topic of DRM.

I am going to support Sony for that as good as I am able to.

It is a great move for gaming! I even had a few tears in my eyes watching the show and the facts. And we can tell, we have witnessed this event! :D

People don't ask questions to get answers - they ask questions to show how smart they are. - Dogbert

Originally posted by Foomerang

My ps+ sub comes out to about $3.25 a month and with all the heavily discounted and free games offered, it has paid for itself a hundred fold. Now I can add a mmorpgs to the list.

this is what makes  ps+ a really good service compared to the money grabbing xbox live gold service that gives you nothing but online access and cost more.

• ElRenmazuoElRenmazuo Member RarePosts: 5,361
    Now i seriously would not be surprised at all if EQ next is on the PS4 too, especially considering Planetside 2 on top of ESO.
    Originally posted by Dahkoht

ROFL

• GrailerGrailer Member UncommonPosts: 893
    Originally posted by tkreep
    Now i seriously would not be surprised at all if EQ next is on the PS4 too, especially considering Planetside 2 on top of ESO.

Yeah I think you might be right , since  EQ was published by Sony Online Entertainment , I feel you might be onto something here  .  But you never know maybe Bilbo Gates has something up his sleeve .

• MelonCiderMelonCider Member UncommonPosts: 13
    Every time I refresh Jack Tretton's page on Wiki there would be a new one about murdering or burying XBone
  • FlawSGIFlawSGI Member UncommonPosts: 1,379

Nothing about either system is screaming at me to buy them. I own all systems currently, although I never touch my Wii, but I have been forced to go back to Xbox live because my buddies from back home play on it. After all my cynicism towards the greed of MS, I can see this info sticking the point home with them.  

Not to worry for all those die hard brand loyalist...... I am sure the Xbox one will turn around and copy some stuff the PS4 does a few years down the road like they did when MS released the black 360 that finally caught up to the features the PS3 released with such as built in Wi-fi and that it actually worked. I have had 2 xboxes burn out and am on my third while my PS4 is still going strong and I am still using the original controllers no less. I am getting sick of replacing the rechargeable battery on the xbox controllers. Either way, I'll probably take the wait and see approach to both the systems.

RIP Jimmy "The Rev" Sullivan and Paul Gray.

• Po_ggPo_gg Member EpicPosts: 5,749
    Originally posted by Elikal

It is a great day for gamers.

I am going to support Sony for that as good as I am able to.

While I never was into consoles (except PSP, Vice City Stories lured me in...), I think the same.

And for the "share games, easy resell" part, have you seen the PS used game step-by-step video from yesterday? :)

http://youtu.be/kWSIFh8ICaA

• DahkohtDahkoht Member UncommonPosts: 479
  • Punk999Punk999 Member UncommonPosts: 882
    Originally posted by Dahkoht

Haha that is awesome.

"Negaholics are people who become addicted to negativity and self-doubt, they find fault in most things and never seem to be satisfied."
    ^MMORPG.com