Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

PS4 Pricing $399.99 USD

The user and all related content has been deleted.

Somebody, somewhere has better skills as you have, more experience as you have, is smarter than you, has more friends as you do and can stay online longer. Just pray he's not out to get you.

Comments

• XzenXzen Member UncommonPosts: 2,607
    As soon as they announced no DRM or restriction on traded games or online required it looked like a serious blow to M$'s pills. But 100 dollars cheaper than Xbox One as well? Sony knocked it out of the park.
  • CabalocCabaloc Member Posts: 116
    Yup, Ps4 all the way here and millions more just jumped on the wagon, haven't been this excited in many years for a console.
  • atuerstaratuerstar Member Posts: 234

Its like they have learned from every mistake they have made.

I am as pleasantly shocked as everyone else.

• clumsytoes44clumsytoes44 Member UncommonPosts: 463

Great new's all around, imo the only thing that could damage the ps4 is if it had constant hardware problems similar to the 360 with the red ring of death.

Any idea what caliber gun microsoft used to shoot themselves in the foot?

• BadSpockBadSpock Member UncommonPosts: 7,979
    Originally posted by Xzen
    As soon as they announced no DRM or restriction on traded games or online required it looked like a serious blow to M$'s pills. But 100 dollars cheaper than Xbox One as well? Sony knocked it out of the park.

Yep.

Me and millions me probably just decided to switch to PS4.

I've never owned a Sony console.

I've owned 2 Microsoft consoles.

After tonight, looks like I am probably switching teams.

Well done Sony, well done.

• tank017tank017 Member Posts: 2,192

Microsoft makes it look like theyre TRYING to sink their own ship.

First Windows 8 and now this.

• AstrumNivalAstrumNival Member Posts: 19
    Originally posted by clumsytoes44

Great new's all around, imo the only thing that could damage the ps4 is if it had constant hardware problems similar to the 360 with the red ring of death.

Any idea what caliber gun microsoft used to shoot themselves in the foot?

ICBM at least...

• wizyywizyy Member UncommonPosts: 629
    Now would be a good time to sell shares at Microsoft
  • TheScavengerTheScavenger Member EpicPosts: 3,321

Not a big fan of SOE after what they did to Vanguard and their freemium model of EQ2.

But, looks like its gonna be far better than the Xbox One. Way more freedom with PS4 than their competitor.

Only console that can turn the tide possibly, is a Nintendo one. But, they are usually aimed at a different market anyway.

My Skyrim, Fallout 4, Starbound and WoW + other game mods at MODDB: 

https://www.moddb.com/mods/skyrim-anime-overhaul

• XzenXzen Member UncommonPosts: 2,607
    Originally posted by bestever
    Not me getting both. They both have great games and I have no reason to be a console fan boy. I'm a gamer and will play all these great games why the fan boys only play one system.

Definitely. If you have the money to spend all systems have some exclusives up their sleeves that are fun to play.

• SoexothermicSoexothermic Member Posts: 1
    What a refreshing press conference from Sony. I was leaning towards skipping the next gen consoles all together but Sony just made a pretty compelling argument for the PS4.
  • GrailerGrailer Member UncommonPosts: 893
    Originally posted by TheScavenger

Not a big fan of SOE after what they did to Vanguard and their freemium model of EQ2.

But, looks like its gonna be far better than the Xbox One. Way more freedom with PS4 than their competitor.

Only console that can turn the tide possibly, is a Nintendo one. But, they are usually aimed at a different market anyway.

yeah Im not a fan of microcrap either . they need to stick to making operating systems and master that first .  

• XthosXthos Member UncommonPosts: 2,739
    Originally posted by Torvaldr

I dunno.  I'm not going to run out and get either one of them so PS4 isn't a winner for me.  The $100 doesn't make much of a difference.

Both require premium membership to play online games.  The hardware is overpriced.  The games are sort of overpriced and drm soaked.

Nothing about consoles appeals to me anymore.  I miss some of the jrpgs, but not enough to shell out that kind of money for a gimped gaming system.

PS4 is going to make you have a premium membership now too?  I wonder if they are going to offer the same kind of deal Xbox is.  MS is offering $200 off, if you sign up for 2 years of service (which if you were going to be doing anyway, it is a good deal).  It brings the Xbox 1 to $299 with the subscription.  If PS4 does the same thing, if they are making you buy a premium to do a lot of stuff, it may go down to $199?

• Kaijin2k3Kaijin2k3 Member Posts: 558
    Originally posted by bestever
    Not me getting both. They both have great games and I have no reason to be a console fan boy. I'm a gamer and will play all these great games why the fan boys only play one system.

It's nothing to do with a fan boy. Many people are not happy about Microsoft's DRM policies.

If you don't care about them, then of course that's your right to not care. Just don't confuse it for a "fan boy" issue.

Originally posted by Xthos

PS4 is going to make you have a premium membership now too?  I wonder if they are going to offer the same kind of deal Xbox is.  MS is offering $200 off, if you sign up for 2 years of service (which if you were going to be doing anyway, it is a good deal).  It brings the Xbox 1 to $299 with the subscription.  If PS4 does the same thing, if they are making you buy a premium to do a lot of stuff, it may go down to $199?

They said that without PS+, you could enjoy single player games. Which more than likely means PSN+ is now required for online gaming, is what he means. PS+ has its own feature list beyond that, but it's downer.

Where did you get that XB1 is cheaper with an XBL subscription?

Originally posted by Torvaldr

PS+ is required for online multi-player gaming according to Kotaku.  PS+ is cheaper than Xbox Live Gold.  Microsoft is offering 2 free games per month for members, but I think Sony is offering something similar.

They've been doing that for a while, heh. And they confirmed that'll continue. They said DriveClub will be free for PS+ members, and listed 3 more of their featured indy games.

• rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722
    Originally posted by Mtibbs1989
    Enough said, screw Xbox:One.

Xbox went home.... They gave the order themselves LOL

• XthosXthos Member UncommonPosts: 2,739
    Originally posted by Kaijin2k3
    Originally posted by Xthos

They said that without PS+, you could enjoy single player games. Which more than likely means PSN+ is now required for online gaming, is what he means. PS+ has its own feature list beyond that, but it's downer.

Where did you get that XB1 is cheaper with an XBL subscription?

I read a article 3-5 days ago, was talking to a guy at work about it, he likes the Xbox community better for FPS games and he was wondering how much it would be.  The article said it would be $499, or $299 if you commit to a 24 month subscription, which he does, so he was saying that wouldn't be too bad for him.  He was put off by the $499, but the $299 sounded doable.

I was just wondering if Sony was going to kind of match or maybe offer the same kind  of deal, and maybe do $150 at least to still undercut them by $50 or something.  If they did $199 with a 2 year commitment to their service, I imagine they would have trouble keeping them in stock, as $199 is a lot more appealing than MS offering the Xbox at $299 with a plan.  It is kinda like cellphone plans.

• YaevinduskYaevindusk Member RarePosts: 2,094

I still laugh at the video they released  showing the steps of how you lend friends your games on the PS4 system.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kWSIFh8ICaA

Due to frequent travel in my youth, English isn't something I consider my primary language (and thus I obtained quirky ways of writing).  German and French were always easier for me despite my family being U.S. citizens for over a century.  Spanish I learned as a requirement in school, Japanese and Korean I acquired for my youthful desire of anime and gaming (and also work now).  I only debate in English to help me work with it (and limit things).  In addition, I'm not smart enough to remain fluent in everything and typically need exposure to get in the groove of things again if I haven't heard it in a while.  If you understand Mandarin, I know a little, but it has actually been a challenge and could use some help.

Also, I thoroughly enjoy debates and have accounts on over a dozen sites for this.  If you wish to engage in such, please put effort in a post and provide sources -- I will then do the same with what I already wrote (if I didn't) as well as with my responses to your own.  Expanding my information on a subject makes my stance either change or strengthen the next time I speak of it or write a thesis.  Allow me to thank you sincerely for your time.
  • wrightstufwrightstuf Member UncommonPosts: 659
    They could be making the PS12 and the PC will still own...thanks
  • DeniZgDeniZg Member UncommonPosts: 697
    Originally posted by BadSpock
    Originally posted by Xzen

Yep.

Me and millions me probably just decided to switch to PS4.

I've never owned a Sony console.

I've owned 2 Microsoft consoles.

After tonight, looks like I am probably switching teams.

Well done Sony, well done.

Same here.

I'm making a switch just because of no restrictions on PS4 compared to Xbox. I would even agree to pay 100$ more for PS4 because of it. And now, when PS4 is actually cheaper? No brainer, for sure.

• Sk1ppeRSk1ppeR Member Posts: 511
    Awaiting for LulzSec to crack PSN again and steal all your precious credit card infos and release it at pastebin and thepiratebay ^_^ 
  • BadSpockBadSpock Member UncommonPosts: 7,979
    Originally posted by Sk1ppeR
    Awaiting for LulzSec to crack PSN again and steal all your precious credit card infos and release it at pastebin and thepiratebay ^_^ 

Now that Sony has positioned itself as pro-gamer and pro-used market/lending and anti-DRM - I wouldn't be surprised if LulzSec gives them a pass and starts going after XBL.

• WicoaWicoa Member UncommonPosts: 1,637
    Originally posted by BadSpock
    Originally posted by Sk1ppeR

Now that Sony has positioned itself as pro-gamer and pro-used market/lending and anti-DRM - I wouldn't be surprised if LulzSec gives them a pass and starts going after XBL.

Haha

• GrayGhost79GrayGhost79 Member UncommonPosts: 4,775

Yeah, there really is 0 reason for anyone to pick up an Xbox One at this point. The console is far more restrictive and to high maintenance. They have very few exclusives left and the exclusives they have left are pretty much on PC so... you're better off getting the games on PC. It's $100 more than the PS4. I mean the only thing the Xbox One has going for it at all is the Kinect and even that is mired by draw backs and hassle. 

Microsoft really messed up big time and have given gamers absolutely no reason to purchase an Xbox One. I have no idea how they are going to come back from this. 

It's funny to mention that even their Xbox One exclusives have turned out not to be exclusives lol. They are coming to PC as well lol...