Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

PS4 WON'T IMPOSE RESTRICTIONS ON USED GAMES - Live E3

The user and all related content has been deleted.

Somebody, somewhere has better skills as you have, more experience as you have, is smarter than you, has more friends as you do and can stay online longer. Just pray he's not out to get you.

Comments

• HeafstaggHeafstagg Member UncommonPosts: 172
    That is a swift kick in the nads for microsoft.

• CabalocCabaloc Member Posts: 116
    No restrictions and no online connection to play !!!  ps4 just smoked xbox
  • quseioquseio Member UncommonPosts: 234
    this should be in another forum... this  has nothing to do with mmos really
  • OricyOricy Member UncommonPosts: 12
    General Discussion, General Gaming thread, I think that this fits in quite well.

• squalleonahasqualleonaha Member Posts: 211

i dont trust any of them till its official. 

i remember sony registered a sofware to preventing use game.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.

Somebody, somewhere has better skills as you have, more experience as you have, is smarter than you, has more friends as you do and can stay online longer. Just pray he's not out to get you.
  • OricyOricy Member UncommonPosts: 12
    Originally posted by Mtibbs1989
    Originally posted by Oricy
    General Discussion, General Gaming thread, I think that this fits in quite well.

Seriously, this is great news regardless of where it goes.

Yeah, If i do get a new console it will probably be a ps4, especially if The last of us is on there which i can only assume it will be.

• PNM_JenningsPNM_Jennings Member UncommonPosts: 1,093
    the last area to win is the price. we know the xbox is going to be $500, all sony needs to do is go under that for a grand slam.
  • XzenXzen Member UncommonPosts: 2,607
    they just did. 399 USD.
  • ElikalElikal Member UncommonPosts: 7,912

Check out this official Vid "

Omg, lol. And 399 bucks, and no spy cam AND no always on AND no DRM...

I guess the Console War ended before it began. Down on the floor, in bloody pulp (and well deserved I might add) lays MS XBOX ONE.

GO SONY GO! :D

People don't ask questions to get answers - they ask questions to show how smart they are. - Dogbert

• majinantmajinant Member UncommonPosts: 418
    Originally posted by squalleonaha

i dont trust any of them till its official. 

i remember sony registered a sofware to preventing use game.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kWSIFh8ICaA&feature=share

• ElikalElikal Member UncommonPosts: 7,912

It is, now thinking of it, a great day for gamers.

The consoles were essentially saved by SONY at this day. If PS4 would have done the same as XBOX One, over time people would have little reason to have a console, because the lack of DRM, no online control, share games, easy resell were major boni of a console over a PC. Just shove in the disc and play. Easy gaming. MS with they "all entertainment" controling your life machine just had lost the way. Had PS4 gone the same way, consoles might be at their end. So PS4 and SONY saved consoles, I think it is no exxageration to say.

Also for PC gamers it is a win, because if a big company like SONY does NOT follow the "always online" and DRM trend, thats a good thing. Had Sony embraced always online and DRM, this would have been the final nail in the old gaming model. Now the "game" is open on the topic of DRM.

I am going to support Sony for that as good as I am able to.

It is a great move for gaming! I even had a few tears in my eyes watching the show and the facts. And we can tell, we have witnessed this event! :D

People don't ask questions to get answers - they ask questions to show how smart they are. - Dogbert