Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Just came back (not a blizzard employee)

2»

Comments

• RandaynRandayn Member UncommonPosts: 904
    Originally posted by Holice
    Originally posted by actionreactionSo pretty much to break it down

GOOD FOR PLAYER BASE

• NO READING/ LESS READING - Most people I know, live busy lives with families, work and friends, so the more time they can spend "doing" and the less time, sitting in one spot reading the more fun they have.
    • NO WANDERING/LESS WANDERING
    • NO LEARNING/LESS LEARNING - Easy to learn, hard to master, that is the way many games are today, including wow. Face rolling rarely works, and the best of the best in PVP or PVE take the time to optimize. But thankfully, those less involved still get 90% of the class involved in their play sessions and never feel useless or lost.
    • INSTANT GRATIFICATION (KILL-LOOT-REPEAT) - Games are supposed to be fun. Hours of travel is not fun. Killing 1000 skeletons for one drop is not fun. Waiting for 3 hours for a spawn, then having someone tag it and get the credit is not fun. Again it comes down to time available as well.
    • LUKE SKYWALKER NOT UNCLE OWEN - Who wouldn't want to be? And for those that do prefer Uncle Owen, there has always been crafter routes and other in game play styles(Like housing in games) to appease those appetites.
    • PLAYERS DON'T CREATE (SANDBOX) - PLAYERS PLAY ( THEMEPARK ) - Sandbox is fun to some. Themepark to others. EVE is disliked by more people than play it, does that make it a bad game? No. Because to each their own.

WINNING

Comments in red.

Maybe you have countless hours to sit by a computer screen playing games, but many more do not. Maybe you like to stress and sweat in a game, but others have real life that gives them enough stress, that they want to relax during leisure time. That doesn't make WoW or ToR a bad a game.

^ This....agreed 100%.

-  I read real books...don't need to read in a game...

- I work 10 hour days, for half the month over and over to collect 1 paycheck each cycle....don't need to feel the same in a game.  

- I can go in my backyard and dig holes and build all day....don't need that in my gaming.  

Gaming is an escape from real life for me...not my only life.

• Shadowguy64Shadowguy64 Member Posts: 848
    Originally posted by Laughing-man
    Originally posted by Randayn
    last time I checked this ain't webmd....

Sure isn't, a lot of people seem to enjoy derailing your thread and going off topic.

I'm glad you are enjoying WoW OP, as so many others are.  Its great when people can try things unbiased and actually enjoy themselves.  Take note other jaded mmorpgers.

No kidding. You know what this thread resembles?

"Hey guys! I just got engaged!! She's the best thing to ever happen to me! I'm so happy!"

"Bah, you're just going to get divorced. Soda is bad for you too."

• RandaynRandayn Member UncommonPosts: 904
    Originally posted by Shadowguy64
    Originally posted by Laughing-man
    last time I checked this ain't webmd....

Sure isn't, a lot of people seem to enjoy derailing your thread and going off topic.

I'm glad you are enjoying WoW OP, as so many others are.  Its great when people can try things unbiased and actually enjoy themselves.  Take note other jaded mmorpgers.

No kidding. You know what this thread resembles?

"Hey guys! I just got engaged!! She's the best thing to ever happen to me! I'm so happy!"

"Bah, you're just going to get divorced. Soda is bad for you too."

HAAHHAHAHA

• VarossVaross Moderator UncommonPosts: 11,414
    Keep this thread on topic please.
    To give feedback on moderation, please contact [email protected]
  • HoliceHolice Member UncommonPosts: 116
    Originally posted by actionreaction

Actually, Math says face rolling does work in WOW because of horribly designed tier power progress.

GG BUDDY>

What? At equal tier & gear, the better skilled player still wins. Face roll is when I can just literally push any button and guarantee a win. Raid content requires movement, ie pay attention aka not facerolling. And PvP content is still skill based aside from certain class perks, but class vs class skill dominates.

• JimWraithJimWraith Member UncommonPosts: 127

Hey I'll explain to you friend why you enjoy WOW ( and the other 8 million )

here let's have... Nancy MacIntyre, the game’s senior director of Star Wars Galaxies explain the benefits of a WOW like system!

We really just needed to make the game a lot more accessible to a much broader player base. There was lots of reading, much too much, in the game. There was a lot of wandering around learning about different abilities. We really needed to give people the experience of being Han Solo or Luke Skywalker rather than being Uncle Owen, the moisture farmer. We wanted more instant gratification: kill, get treasure, repeat. We needed to give people more of an opportunity to be a part of what they have seen in the movies rather than something they had created themselves.

So pretty much to break it down

GOOD FOR PLAYER BASE

• NO READING/ LESS READING
    • NO WANDERING/LESS WANDERING
    • NO LEARNING/LESS LEARNING
    • INSTANT GRATIFICATION (KILL-LOOT-REPEAT)
    • LUKE SKYWALKER NOT UNCLE OWEN
    • PLAYERS DON'T CREATE (SANDBOX) - PLAYERS PLAY ( THEMEPARK )

WINNING

And that's why most of the people I know quit.

• daltaniousdaltanious Member UncommonPosts: 2,381
    I've been playing ALOT of different MMO's trying to find a new home...after about 2 years, I came back to WoW...I forgot just how many things there are to do (and the quality of those things).  I really wish games had the content available that this game has...even when it was Vanilla it was huge...now it's even bigger. 

I am glad you enjoy WOW, better have some friends there, because that's about the only benefit of this MMORPG, is maybe you save on texting and phone calls by using the Private message or GUILD system at it's best.

Really? I do not have single friend there I would regularly be in contact any more. I have always a lot of fun things to do there. Chat is always very lively. Swtor on the other hand is also incredibly fun, chat is virtually dead. All buys playing. Same fp and other group content. All playing, nobody complainging, have not seen single "noob" comment, no single kick, ... all playing and enjoying.

So much about benefits ... benefit is all in your head and in your hands. Should never bi in others.

• JeffSpicoliJeffSpicoli Member EpicPosts: 2,849

OP I have also recently come back to wow as i often have over the past 6 or so years. I am having alot of fun an could give you a wall of text explaining what wow does better than the competition but i wont, Lets just say they improved an added to MOP in every way possible, so much content, so much to do.

My only criticism would be the graphics. I'd say i have left an come back several times over the past 6 years but this is the 1st time i have really noticed/felt the WOW graphics are extremely DATED!! 

• Aloha Mr Hand !