Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

FFXIV Benchmark Results.

2»

Comments

• angerbeaverangerbeaver Member UncommonPosts: 1,259

I scored 6454 on Maximum with a 3yr old PC. Not as high as you guys but I'm happy with "very high"  =)

11706 on Medium (May resort to this for dungeons)

• MoodsorMoodsor Member UncommonPosts: 712

Just got my GTX770 in the door and tested again on Maximum at 1920x1080 and got 9871 points, Extremely High, so seems im set for release now :)

• StrayfeStrayfe Member UncommonPosts: 199

Asus P8Z77V Pro Motherboard

i7-3770k @ 4.8Ghz

EVGA GTX 670 OC'd

16GB Corsair Dominator DDR3 1600

I kind of expected to do a bit better, but I guess the OC on my 670 isn't cutting it anymore.  May need to look at a 780, but I can't really justify the $650 on a card right now.  Anyway, hopefully it's good enough to run max everywhere with no slowdown/FPS drops.

• BrandonMBrandonM Member UncommonPosts: 20

Asus Rampage IV Formula

Intel i7-3820 O.C 4.7 GHz

HIS Radeon 7870 2 GB GDDR5

Corsair XMS3 16 GB 1600 MHz

Silicon Power 120 GB SSD

Forget stats 500 GB HDD (what this was run on)

Corsair TX 750M

Cooler Master HAF X

Asus Rampage IV Formula
    Intel i7-3820 3.6 GHz O.C 4.7 GHz
    Noctua NH-D14 CPU Cooler
    ASUS STRIX 1070 OC
    OCZ Vertex 460A 250 GB SSD
    WD 1 TB HDD
    Corsair TX 750M
    Cooler Master HAF X

• ElRenmazuoElRenmazuo Member RarePosts: 5,361
    in final fantasy 11 i remember blue mages as one of the more complex jobs that stayed pretty busy during combat and not just waiting til tp for weapon skill cuz we relied more on are blue magic to do most of the damage.  Not to mention getting the spells were sometimes difficult because all the spells are enemy skills that you had to fight them for them to cast it on you to learn it so some enemies were not easy.  And even a job like samurai that did rely on tp and weapon skills werent as simple as that poster make it out to be since samurai was the job that could self skillchain which is very helpful for the black mage to burst spell.  This cross platform actually had more of a tactical aspect to combat and teamwork than most of these so called AAA mmos out since WoW.
  • angerbeaverangerbeaver Member UncommonPosts: 1,259
    Originally posted by BrandonM

Asus Rampage IV Formula

Silicon Power 120 GB SSD

Corsair TX 750M

Cooler Master HAF X

Run this from NASA during your lunch break? o.0

• YaevinduskYaevindusk Member RarePosts: 2,094
    Originally posted by angerbeaver

Asus Rampage IV Formula

Silicon Power 120 GB SSD

Corsair TX 750M

Cooler Master HAF X

Run this from NASA during your lunch break? o.0

This is both real and fake.  Real in that he actually ran the benchmark and it gave him that score.  Fake in that he had to manipulate it to do so.  There is a video online whereby someone was able to put the video in slow motion, with the score still registering it as it going forward with the preset time of the benchmark.  So the video basically was moving at 1/3rd the speed while gaining the same score on a second by second basis as if it were going at full speed.

Due to frequent travel in my youth, English isn't something I consider my primary language (and thus I obtained quirky ways of writing).  German and French were always easier for me despite my family being U.S. citizens for over a century.  Spanish I learned as a requirement in school, Japanese and Korean I acquired for my youthful desire of anime and gaming (and also work now).  I only debate in English to help me work with it (and limit things).  In addition, I'm not smart enough to remain fluent in everything and typically need exposure to get in the groove of things again if I haven't heard it in a while.  If you understand Mandarin, I know a little, but it has actually been a challenge and could use some help.

Also, I thoroughly enjoy debates and have accounts on over a dozen sites for this.  If you wish to engage in such, please put effort in a post and provide sources -- I will then do the same with what I already wrote (if I didn't) as well as with my responses to your own.  Expanding my information on a subject makes my stance either change or strengthen the next time I speak of it or write a thesis.  Allow me to thank you sincerely for your time.
    Originally posted by Epic1oots
    -Snip-

This is both real and fake.  Real in that he actually ran the benchmark and it gave him that score.  Fake in that he had to manipulate it to do so.  There is a video online whereby someone was able to put the video in slow motion, with the score still registering it as it going forward with the preset time of the benchmark.  So the video basically was moving at 1/3rd the speed while gaining the same score on a second by second basis as if it were going at full speed.

Ahh! no wonder. And I thought he was actually cool and have a beastly machine. Pft.

It's not something I would recommend anyone doing, as that video also had a warning that you could fry a few of your computer parts if you aren't careful.

Due to frequent travel in my youth, English isn't something I consider my primary language (and thus I obtained quirky ways of writing).  German and French were always easier for me despite my family being U.S. citizens for over a century.  Spanish I learned as a requirement in school, Japanese and Korean I acquired for my youthful desire of anime and gaming (and also work now).  I only debate in English to help me work with it (and limit things).  In addition, I'm not smart enough to remain fluent in everything and typically need exposure to get in the groove of things again if I haven't heard it in a while.  If you understand Mandarin, I know a little, but it has actually been a challenge and could use some help.

Also, I thoroughly enjoy debates and have accounts on over a dozen sites for this.  If you wish to engage in such, please put effort in a post and provide sources -- I will then do the same with what I already wrote (if I didn't) as well as with my responses to your own.  Expanding my information on a subject makes my stance either change or strengthen the next time I speak of it or write a thesis.  Allow me to thank you sincerely for your time.
    Originally posted by Yaevindusk
    -Snip-

Ahh! no wonder. And I thought he was actually cool and have a beastly machine. Pft.

It's not something I would recommend anyone doing, as that video also had a warning that you could fry a few of your computer parts if you aren't careful.

I actually didn't "fake it" I just ran the benchmark that is it. Why would I slow a benchmarking program and waste my time?

Edit: Also you say it has a chance to fry a few parts of a computer why in the HELL would I take a chance at frying parts of a $1500 desktop? Please use logic before trying to say someone's faking something. The only thing running was Skype which has a tendancey to minimize things and from looking at scores online with around same set-up I'd say Skype's minimize probably pooched the benchmark and that it probably should of been around 7500ish. I hadn't looked at scores before posting it so figured Skype couldn't of made an issue but seems like it does lmao

Asus Rampage IV Formula
    Noctua NH-D14 CPU Cooler
    ASUS STRIX 1070 OC
    WD 1 TB HDD
    Corsair TX 750M
    Cooler Master HAF X

• CyclopsSlayerCyclopsSlayer Member UncommonPosts: 532

Moderately interested in the restart of this, but burned so badly with the original I still feel leery. Run is non-OC.

CPU- i7 3770 (@3.4GHz)

MB- MSI Z77-GD65

SSD- Samsung 830 120GB

GPU- EVGA gtx670 FTW

RAM- GSkill DDR3 1800

-Snip-

I actually didn't "fake it" I just ran the benchmark that is it. Why would I slow a benchmarking program and waste my time?

Edit: Also you say it has a chance to fry a few parts of a computer why in the HELL would I take a chance at frying parts of a $1500 desktop? Please use logic before trying to say someone's faking something. The only thing running was Skype which has a tendancey to minimize things and from looking at scores online with around same set-up I'd say Skype's minimize probably pooched the benchmark and that it probably should of been around 7500ish. I hadn't looked at scores before posting it so figured Skype couldn't of made an issue but seems like it does lmao

While this may or may not be true, there is one thing I will reply to:

Logic is (in part) something you use to asses a situation based on known evidence and historical statistics (also common sense, but they are two different things).  I'm not even sure you know how to use it properly, as all you did was say "why would I risk this?" when in fact there are many people who would (and have) done such a thing.  In addition, anyone can simply take a screenshot made by someone else and claim it as their own.  You say logic, but all you've done was post a picture and say someone else's assertions are illogical, when in fact nothing of your own is of any substantial worth or facts.

Factor:  There are hundreds of not thousands of posted screenshots of people who have below nine thousand.

Factor:  There are countless threads which seem to indicate the same thing both on beta forums and on there; it is further proven by Square in that they recognize that it isn't entirely optimized as of yet (and SLI isn't working)

Factor:  There is a video showcasing how to get a 20,000+ score on the internet

Factor:  There are people with vastly superior computers than you who barely break 9,000 score.

Factor:  The two other people I've caught doing this have admitted to both manipulating things and giving screen shots out to people to distribute as a joke.

Factor:  No one else (from the internet) is there to confirm what you say is true.  Therefore the logical thing would be to base one's assertions on the known, the statistical superiority of ample evidence, and so forth.

Minor Factor:  You only have six posts total (probably half that before this thread), and while that isn't indicative of much, it does not add any credence to your post in reporting something abnormal in a thread that is about showing of everyone's computer "epeen".  If (for example) you were poster such as Quizzical and produced these results, I'd be more inclined to believe you while also factoring in these points and thinking to myself how credible it is as a whole.

Unknown factor:  There may be a chance that Square has optimized the Benchmark and allowed for SLI/Crossfire to work.

Hindsight factor:  You admit that you looked at other scores and it shouldn't be that high, and have a theory as to why it occurred (why then, would people who aren't you come to a conclusion in believing the score was real when you youself think it was manipulated based on your own research that seems strikingly similar to the factors I posted above that led me to my own assertions?)

It is in fact illogical to believe something against the norm, especially when there is precedence of foul play.  This is especially true when all statistics prove something impossible, and when one's own experience leads them to concoct an educated guess.  Your fault here as I see it (with regards to that remark), is that you equate logic to whatever you come up with in your mind, and the conditions you have that others cannot prove... not how an outside source would view it if they were to peer review your writing,

Now, in accordance with figuring out the unknown (and the off chance this is legit and not just a fluke as you now think), you can go ahead and post a video of your machine running the benchmark.  I'll factor in the fact that it has added stress and forgive a few thousand points.  But as there was no such thing (or evidence to the contrary), there is no logic in believing your score when I was writing my original response (especially if we consider what could possibly be known by anyone who isn't you) as it is all unsubstantiated rhetoric without any credence or outside evidence to back it up (and apparently I didn't use logic to understand).  The whole edit proclaiming "why would I do this" therefore has no grounds, as the vast majority of evidence is against it, not to mention that one doesn't even need to run it on one's own computer to get access to the screenshot.  But I guess that's your version of "logic": "believe me because I say it's true and if you don't you ignored the points I made up and need to use logic." (Again we're basing this off of what could be known at the time by an outside source and not only what you could know).

If you can produce what you said, then I will personally apologize to you on this thread (that I was wrong in how the score got there, but correct in that something else manipulated it.... I.E. it was real but not real as was originally stated).  But as for that edit, it will always remain (in my own opinion) incorrect based on the principles I wrote above (and not just saying "use teh logics" while spewing rhetoric).

Whether it's legit or not, that edit really made you look bad and further added to any disbelief I have; had you shown any real reasons to believe you, they would've been shown in the first post as opposed to just one line, followed by an edit insinuating logic is needed to understand when I wrote my original post.

This post, my friend... is an example of an actual logically conducted assertion based on outside factors and not just what one thinks they know (and what only -they- could know as others only had a picture to look at).  I recognize I could be wrong, but the evidence available at the time led me to an educated guess.  If one were to further claim that this is not logic, then they would be challenging all that is scholastic and replace such with a remark based on common sense (thus I imply there is a difference between common sense and actual logic)  that only one person in the world knows is true or not and cannot or has not been proven to outside sources.

And yes, I agree with you that it would be -common sense- not to risk a computer in doing something (unless you were really good at it).  But that has no relevance for this discussion because it does not have any supporting back up / evidence other than your word.  In addition, there are too many workarounds for it to be a plausible point in any case.

Lastly, when I correct many of my undergrads while reviewing their papers, I oft come across this very problem.  What I tell them is something my professor and mentor told me once.  "Facts do not need fiction to make them true."  This is something to think of in most things when trying to distinguish common sense from logic and fact from fiction.  While lies are more powerful than truth in this world, it's because (for the most part) facts need more than one sentence to back them up, and lies cater to the masses with a single message or word to acquire their support.

JP20130609_4.jpg

I don't always get drunk after responding to forums online.

...But when I do, it's Kupo Brand Kupo Wine.

... Yes.  Make the memories go away.  Kupo.

http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/blog/post/371

• rykim86rykim86 Member Posts: 236

Wow.

Someone actually wrote an essay to explain logic for just a satirical bench post.

Stay classy MMORPG.

Originally posted by rykim86

Wow.

Someone actually wrote an essay to explain logic for just a satirical bench post.

Stay classy MMORPG.

Who else but Shirtpants?

/themesong

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0DnNkm6YmGQ

• svannsvann Member RarePosts: 2,230

3 year old laptop

on high I got 2279 standard

on med I got 3550 high

Ill probably get something newer soonish, but Im waiting till haswell shakes out.

My god I'm not even going to quote that because of size even with a snip lmao. I have done a rebenchmark and have had it come out in the 7000s I've also done it again and tried minimizing it to see if Skype had made it skyrocket and it did from a minor minimize my score ended over 13,000. What I was mainly trying to get at was don't just jump to conclusions about someone especially when it seems like what actually factored into causing the score to jump was something different than what you had accused me of doing. All it would of had taken was saying it's an abnormally high score that something may have compromised it that I should probably do it again instead of coming out the door bashing. Then again this I'd the internet and like some of the factors you have stated I do understand why one would do that though.

Asus Rampage IV Formula
    Noctua NH-D14 CPU Cooler
    ASUS STRIX 1070 OC
    WD 1 TB HDD
    Corsair TX 750M
    Cooler Master HAF X

• Laughing-manLaughing-man Member RarePosts: 3,654
    Originally posted by Wizardry

Grrr i play FFXI and its look good,the graphics are clear and there is a LOT more to it than wait for TP.I often get tired trying to remember everything i need to do as timers are not spam like most games.

I am playing Rune Fencer,not really the greatest job in the game,it is new.This job is not overly busy,other jobs have a lot more work to them.If for example i was subbing a different class.

Typical sequence load up two Rune enchantments,then i cast Blink/Stoneskin and Blaze Spikes,then i charm a mob since i am subbed as Beastmaster.Ok haven't even started combat yet,then i send my pet into start the fight,then i engage and use ability Ward:Efluge so that i have high resistance to any status ailment of the corresponding element.Soon as my buffs are used up i take a bit of damage so i cast REGEN for a HOT,As soon as the mob uses his TP move,i use my offensive rune attack,immediately after use i recast my two rune enchantments,now my tp move is ready,i use my weapon skill.

The whole time watching to make sure my NPC companion is not taking hate,she is quite powerful,if she does steal hate from me,i cast Flash to blind the mob and grab hate back.Also during the fight,i am checking my pets tp,when he gets 100tp i'll use the SIC ability and have him unleash a special attack.

This whole time i might have had to cast a BAR spell if i was worried about a magical attack.If i was grouped with another player,i would coordinate weapon skills and even try to have a magical attack ready for a magic burst.I also have the option to use pet food,if i needed to keep my pet alive if for example i had adds/links.

There is a LOT more to combat to FF games than anything else out there.

So you are playing FFXI now?  

It is nothing but a shallow, pale, sick and dying version of its former self.

Sorry they took out all the challenge and fun from the game, and when hes talking about FFXI he doesn't mean what you are playing.  Its like talking about two entirely different games.

They killed FFXI, rest in pieces. 

• arctarusarctarus Member UncommonPosts: 2,581

Intel Core i5-760

MB: MSI P55-GD 85

GTX 460 SLI

8gig Ram

RIP Orc Choppa

My god I'm not even going to quote that because of size even with a snip lmao. I have done a rebenchmark and have had it come out in the 7000s I've also done it again and tried minimizing it to see if Skype had made it skyrocket and it did from a minor minimize my score ended over 13,000. What I was mainly trying to get at was don't just jump to conclusions about someone especially when it seems like what actually factored into causing the score to jump was something different than what you had accused me of doing. All it would of had taken was saying it's an abnormally high score that something may have compromised it that I should probably do it again instead of coming out the door bashing. Then again this I'd the internet and like some of the factors you have stated I do understand why one would do that though.

I completely understand what you're talking about as well.  Though when I saw the picture, I didn't look at the name but rather the screen shot.  Therefore it wasn't my intent to say that you yourself were manipulating the score as I didn't even know your name until I read your second post.  Hehe.

Though point taken in that I should of said "It's probably this" as opposed to "I've seen something like this before and this is how it's done" (paraphrased).

:)

I completely understand what you're talking about as well.  Though when I saw the picture, I didn't look at the name but rather the screen shot.  Therefore it wasn't my intent to say that you yourself were manipulating the score as I didn't even know your name until I read your second post.  Hehe.

Though point taken in that I should of said "It's probably this" as opposed to "I've seen something like this before and this is how it's done" (paraphrased).

I must ask though how long did it take for that essay? lol I opened mmorpg on my phone and was like HOLY CRAP WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON!

Asus Rampage IV Formula
    Noctua NH-D14 CPU Cooler
    ASUS STRIX 1070 OC
    WD 1 TB HDD
    Corsair TX 750M
    Cooler Master HAF X

• Soki123Soki123 Member RarePosts: 2,558
    Is beta 1 and 2 basically what we ll be playing. If do I don t need to benchmark, it ran like a dream. Looking forward to this, all I can hope is I get 1/10th the feeling of FFXI from this, but a little easier to get stuff done without nneding to spend a day begging for a group for those specific things.

I must ask though how long did it take for that essay? lol I opened mmorpg on my phone and was like HOLY CRAP WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON!

I'm not quite sure to be honest.  This is mainly because I'm usually multi-tasking when writing.  There may be times when I am writing three to five different things at once, or reading and writing, or playing / watching twitch and writing... etc.

It probably took about 15 minutes to write, and about an hour to edit all in all.  Though that time wasn't was solely spent on it, as I was in the process of doing other things.  

As a whole it's probably standard in terms of what I write (most are actually longer, but I edit them from maybe 10 to 20 pages to what is more "manageable" on these forums).  I've made quite a few friends on this forums that I've met in real life, and they said to me that they no longer respond to my posts simply because they know how much I enjoy long-winded debates/discussions on forums.

xD