Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

New MMO To keep me busy

Need something to play till  something good comes out, looking forward to Neverwinter this weekend and wildstar later on down the road. So far I've been playing TOR and Tera but nothing seems to keep me hooked for more then a day or two, even tried Scarlet Blade but meh. Any games i should check out?

Comments

• VolmokVolmok Member UncommonPosts: 64

Considering that you get bored after 2 days I would susggest a F2P one or B2P.

I do not know exactly your tastes, but I jump on and off from GW2 and Minecraft mixed with TF2 for instant fun :)

V.

• Randall42ndRandall42nd Member Posts: 4
    I actually have an 80 in GW2 and started leveling a few alts but i just can't seem to get back into playing it for some reason. maybe im just burnt out on games. GW2 just makes me miss the Holy Trinity

• UstnyUstny Member Posts: 4

Let's get some things clear about NW. I have been in all the Beta Weekends and i can ensure you that the below are facts:

-This game is not and is not going to be "pay to win" DEAL WITH IT.
    -The only things that you can buy at game shop are comsetics, mounts, rez scrolls, some kind of healings (which you can use only in PvE) and other stuff which are not in any way necessary for you to buy.
    -No weapons, armor in game shops!
    -The astral diamonds that you need in order to buy the "good gear" can be received from daily quests, dungeons and some other stuff (Sth like WoW).
    -The game is 100% free to play, you don't have to buy NOTHING, you can hit level cap without spending a cent.
    -The PvP is totally fair, no matter if you can or you can not spend money, it's the best that wins.

Whether you like this game or not is a different story, but please don't post bulls*hit. The things you can buy (ex Faster and a more beautiful mount) are not in anyway items that will make you "powerful"

• VilariusBlightVilariusBlight Member Posts: 6

You should hop into the beta of Dragon's Prophet. 

It won't be your new favorite MMO but it has some interesting combat and cool dragon mounts. 

Also, have you tried DCUO? That's a pretty fun game, and it's f2p. 

I'm in the same predicament, waiting for ESO to come out. :P

• Four0SixFour0Six Member UncommonPosts: 1,175

When one is bored with their current games, I suggest one try something COMPLETELY new.

Try a sandbox if you are a themeparker.

Try a MOBA instead of a MMORPG.

Try a shooter.

My point being maybe you are bored of a type of game and should broaden your horizons. It worked for me.

• NanfoodleNanfoodle Member LegendaryPosts: 10,617
    I have been playing FF14 beta and the game I thought I wouldnt like is turning out to be a really tight game. Themepark, huge freedom when it comes to the class job system. Once you know how it work it really is an awesome system. Really did a great job of solo play and also making teaming meaningful and deep. Like you GW2 just taught me how much I love the trinity system. Also looks stunning.
  • moomoo1234moomoo1234 Member UncommonPosts: 19
    Originally posted by Ustny

Let's get some things clear about NW. I have been in all the Beta Weekends and i can ensure you that the below are facts:

-This game is not and is not going to be "pay to win" DEAL WITH IT.
    -The only things that you can buy at game shop are comsetics, mounts, rez scrolls, some kind of healings (which you can use only in PvE) and other stuff which are not in any way necessary for you to buy.
    -No weapons, armor in game shops!
    -The astral diamonds that you need in order to buy the "good gear" can be received from daily quests, dungeons and some other stuff (Sth like WoW).
    -The game is 100% free to play, you don't have to buy NOTHING, you can hit level cap without spending a cent.
    -The PvP is totally fair, no matter if you can or you can not spend money, it's the best that wins.

Whether you like this game or not is a different story, but please don't post bulls*hit. The things you can buy (ex Faster and a more beautiful mount) are not in anyway items that will make you "powerful"

Just so you're aware, someone who hits max level, can buy a ton of astral diamonds and go get decked out? How in the fuck is that not pay to win? The 200$ founder's pack shows how greedy they are.

• g2gdotcomg2gdotcom Member Posts: 5
    Neverwinter is nice. I think you will like that game. I got addicted to it  image
  • kangsokkukangsokku Member Posts: 8

I never played Neverwinter.

Is this MMORPG like world of warcraft?

Each class with their own role for PVE ?

Active PVP going on?

Fun battle grounds?

I really want to know :)