Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Darkfall: Unholy Wars

Sterlin22Sterlin22 Member UncommonPosts: 16

Darkfall: Unholy Wars is probably my favorite MMORPG due to the fact it incorporates "hardcore aspects" such as Open World PvP and Loss of Loot upon Death, and unlike most other games that share these aspects, it's rather polished. The game doesn't feel clunky, it feels exceptionally fluid, and I haven't experienced any bugs yet (aside from the unoften crashing, if you consider this a bug). It also possesses that TERA Online / RaiderZ "aiming" gameplay mechanic. Add on to this mounted combat, boat combat, sieges over clan cities / villages / hamlets, shared dungeons (you can enter an instanced dungeon with a group, and you'll encounter / interact with other groups that have entered), treasure maps, bossing, and the unique Prowess System (you gain prowess as you craft, harvest, PvE, PvP, and complete feats), and you've got one hell of a game. 

Comments

• velluccivellucci Member Posts: 23
    Originally posted by Sterlin22

The game doesn't feel clunky, it feels exceptionally fluid

hahaha

• SirBalinSirBalin Member UncommonPosts: 1,300

Darkfall: Unholy Wars is probably my favorite MMORPG due to the fact it incorporates "hardcore aspects" such as Open World PvP and Loss of Loot upon Death, and unlike most other games that share these aspects, it's rather polished. The game doesn't feel clunky, it feels exceptionally fluid, and I haven't experienced any bugs yet (aside from the unoften crashing, if you consider this a bug). It also possesses that TERA Online / RaiderZ "aiming" gameplay mechanic. Add on to this mounted combat, boat combat, sieges over clan cities / villages / hamlets, shared dungeons (you can enter an instanced dungeon with a group, and you'll encounter / interact with other groups that have entered), treasure maps, bossing, and the unique Prowess System (you gain prowess as you craft, harvest, PvE, PvP, and complete feats), and you've got one hell of a game. 

The game is great, just as DF 1 was, but it has some advances that make it far superior to the first.  First, the prowess system forces you into the open world where as before, you would basically afk macro for months to level.  Game is very smooth, disconnect issues during sieges suck...but they'll get it fixed.  Game is a blast for the hardcore crowd.

Incognito
    www.incognito-gaming.us
    "You're either with us or against us"

• BraavosiBraavosi Member Posts: 149
    Originally posted by vellucci

hahaha

It doesn't feel clunky to me either. The only thing I kind of dislike is the hit sound, but thats nothing big.

• Sterlin22Sterlin22 Member UncommonPosts: 16

hahaha

What I mean is, in comparison to other games within the "Hardcore MMORPG" genre, it feels polished. Now it's not as polished as say, Guild Wars 2, World of Warcraft, etc. those games are extremely fluid, but it's definitely better than games like Mortal Online, where aiming and general maneuvering can be difficult. 

• velluccivellucci Member Posts: 23

hahaha

What I mean is, in comparison to other games within the "Hardcore MMORPG" genre, it feels polished. Now it's not as polished as say, Guild Wars 2, World of Warcraft, etc. those games are extremely fluid, but it's definitely better than games like Mortal Online, where aiming and general maneuvering can be difficult. 

I'm just being a bit of a troll. If you like the game thats great. I find the concept of the game awesome but the general gameplay of it way too cluncky.

• SalengerSalenger Member UncommonPosts: 554

The mmorpg world is in a sad state of affairs when people claim DFUW is their favorite MMO, below are my reasons why i say this.

• Incomplete: The game is probably 40% complete at best
    • Grindfest: In order to play the pvp centric game you must grind through mindless pve for weeks on end
    • Community: Easily the trashiest community in any game on the planet earth.
    • pvp: Dfuw has a nice free aim system that is destroyed by limitations, unlike the core aspects of Darkfall 1, this game functions heavily on limitations, anywhere from gear to damage done, they would have been better off creating a Planetside 2 progressions system making it viable for new player to go out and enjoy the core aspect of the game without spending countless hourse becoming stupid grinding with the worst PVE system of any MMO to date.
    • PVE:  Worst pve of any MMO I have ever played...period
    • Technical aspects: This game functions like a heaping....steaming pile of shit, you cant even play a siege, which is the core aspect of DFUW being large scale pvp, without half your force crashing constantly.  They claim to have fixed this but people still crash at a very high rate during large scale pvp.

Overall I had huge hype for DFUW, as i play the first Darkfall for 3 years solid, but this version is clunky, slow paced and overall just a game of ego's for the lamest of MMO gamers period. There is really nothing to do once you have hit the so called viable status for pvp, its missing so many features Aventurine had promised were ready, its nothing mroe than a paid beta atm.  Its core aspects that amde the first version a niche success were trampled on and AV brought in a care bear oriented game that just lacks on so many levels.

STAY AWAY, this game is not worth 40$.
  • StarIStarI Member UncommonPosts: 987
    darkfall may be a lot of things but clunky is not one of them
  • DarthRaidenDarthRaiden Member UncommonPosts: 4,333

It doesn't offer much in the "open world" department also. Beside its persistant and seamless it offers themepark content of the type "go kill 150 rats" so called "features" to become ready for "endgame"...

Themepark ..concepts of teampark gameplay...avoid if you look for for a deep complex sandbox gameplay..

-----MY-TERMS-OF-USE--------------------------------------------------
    $OE - eternal enemy of online gaming
    -We finally WON !!!! 2011 $OE accepted that they have been fired 2005 by the playerbase and closed down ridiculous NGE !!

"There was suppression of speech and all kinds of things between disturbing and fascistic." Raph Koster (parted $OE)

• xpiherxpiher Member UncommonPosts: 3,310
    Originally posted by DarthRaiden

It doesn't offer much in the "open world" department also. Beside its persistant and seamless it offers themepark content of the type "go kill 150 rats" so called "features" to become ready for "endgame"...

Themepark ..concepts of teampark gameplay...avoid if you look for for a deep complex sandbox gameplay..

What turned your from rabid fan boy to hater? 

Anyways, prowess system is not themepark. It just way to give you goals to level with a bouns. For it to be themepark you would have to do feats in a particular order. There are issues with the game, but the prowess system isn't really one of them.

Games:
    Currently playing:Nothing
    Will play: Darkfall: Unholy Wars
    Past games:
    Guild Wars 2 - Xpiher Duminous
    Xpiher's GW2
    GW 1 - Xpiher Duminous
    Darkfall - Xpiher Duminous (NA) retired
    AoC - Xpiher (Tyranny) retired
    Warhammer - Xpiher

• LustmordLustmord Member UncommonPosts: 1,114
    Best MMO on the market, IMO.