Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Only 12K peak players on Steam?

jpnolejpnole Member UncommonPosts: 1,698
I've been checking and the past few days have only seen roughly 12K peak concurrent players for Marvel Heroes. I am stumped as to why 100K people aren't playing this fun, free super hero hack n slash. 

Comments

• hayes303hayes303 Member UncommonPosts: 430

A lot of people didn't get the game from steam (and you don't need to play it through the Steam portal if you didn't get it from them).

Other reason is the content kind of tops out at about 25 and then you replay stuff on harder settings. I bought the Ultimate Founders pack and I only log on now and again since finishing chapter 8.

• flizzerflizzer Member RarePosts: 2,454
    Around here the game has been generally savaged.   Also, Steam does not account for all the people playing the game. 
  • kiernkiern Member UncommonPosts: 428
    I'm thinking that most people did not use Steam. Most, like me, used their Bitraider client.
  • CecropiaCecropia Member RarePosts: 3,985

I wouldn't worry about the steam numbers. There's a member of this site who started a thread about the steam numbers for DF:UW in an attempt to discredit the game. The numbers are useless though as the game runs better when launched from the Darkfall launcher as opposed to loading it up via steam. So people may pick up the game from steam but no longer use it to play after that.

I'd just ignore it as it's even more useless than X-Fire numbers.

"Mr. Rothstein, your people never will understand... the way it works out here. You're all just our guests. But you act like you're at home. Let me tell you something, partner. You ain't home. But that's where we're gonna send you if it harelips the governor." - Pat Webb

• khameleonkhameleon Member UncommonPosts: 486

Steam has over 50 million users with over 6 million concurrent users.

Marvel Heroes did have beta players before it was on steam, but the fact that as a free game it cannot get more than 12k users on there means people are not all that interested in the gameplay so far.

To me its a decent game, not much depth to it as far as combat or gameplay, but its cool to run around as a marvel character in there once a  week or so.

Maybe they will add a lot more to do and it will get more players later on.

GAME TIL YOU DIE!!!!

• GrayGhost79GrayGhost79 Member UncommonPosts: 4,775
    Originally posted by jpnole
    I've been checking and the past few days have only seen roughly 12K peak concurrent players for Marvel Heroes. I am stumped as to why 100K people aren't playing this fun, free super hero hack n slash. 

Mainly because its not a very good game. The only real appeal is the ability to run around as a marvel character but that alone hasn't really been enough to get many interested in the game. 

The concurrent number of players on steam isn't a real indication though, for that simply look around the web and see what players are saying about the game. Not many (Even among professional reviewers) seem to have many good things to say about it. 

• OpapanaxOpapanax Member Posts: 973

To the XFire numbers!!! LoL

We could really use another one of hose threads..

PM before you report at least or you could just block.

• TheLizardbonesTheLizardbones Member CommonPosts: 10,910

For an MMO, that's not too bad on Steam. MMOs generally don't do all that well.

I can not remember winning or losing a single debate on the internet.

• nariusseldonnariusseldon Member EpicPosts: 27,775
    How come MH is not on xfire at all?