Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Are you serious with that hype??

bubalubabubaluba Member Posts: 434
Cmon guys! Developers of EQ and EQ2 didn't optimized that bad eq engine until present day. Even on top hardware EQ2 works like 300 lbs dude climbing with bike on alp d'huez  because of worst engine optimization ever. You really think that this developer team can create something special and unique?? I don't think so. 

Comments

• DoogiehowserDoogiehowser Member Posts: 1,873

So everyone should bring the hype down on basis of your assumption that 'EQ2 engine sucked so should EQ next"?

There was nothing wrong with EQ engine by the way.

"The problem is that the hardcore folks always want the same thing: 'We want exactly what you gave us before, but it has to be completely different.'
    -Jesse Schell

"Online gamers are the most ludicrously entitled beings since Caligula made his horse a senator, and at least the horse never said anything stupid."
    -Luke McKinney

• bubalubabubaluba Member Posts: 434
    Originally posted by Doogiehowser

So everyone should bring the hype down on basis of your assumption that 'EQ2 engine sucked so should EQ next"?

Well it was not so bad like eq2 but game was in bad shape and that was the main reason why most of the players left eq and migrated to wow

• DamonVileDamonVile Member UncommonPosts: 4,818
    What exactly do you mean by wasn't optimized. I didn't like eq2 but in the time I played it, it ran just fine and this is the first time I've ever seen anyone say this about either game.
  • VindicarVindicar Member UncommonPosts: 138

I think someone did not have the required hardware back in the days and hates SOE since then.

Obvious troll and not even close to be a fun thread.

Old school french hardcore whiner. Online since T4C.

I was "Namless" and "Daroot" in AO (Rk2)
    Been known as "Vindicar" (Aion (EU), SWTOR (EU), WoW (EU).
    Recently  Known as "Wundicar" and "Wundee" in Age of Wushu (US) and Wulin (EU)

Franky Rivera Reyes , From the Reyes Brotherhood (Star Citizen)

• AnthurAnthur Member UncommonPosts: 961
    Originally posted by bubaluba
    Cmon guys! Developers of EQ and EQ2 didn't optimized that bad eq engine until present day. Even on top hardware EQ2 works like 300 lbs dude climbing with bike on alp d'huez  because of worst engine optimization ever. You really think that this developer team can create something special and unique?? I don't think so. 

You should have invested in a better pc I guess. Never had any issues running EQ or EQ2.

• ganntakganntak Member UncommonPosts: 19
    Have high hopes for EQ Next even though the engine in EQ2 was not optimized at all. I started EQ2 fairly recently and really like it and was pleased too see it still had a fairly active community but was shocked to find I couldn't play a 10yr old game on Max despite in my opinion a pretty good PC( i5 3570k,8Gb,Hd6970 2Gb )that I can playGW2 and many others on Max settings. One min I would have95fps the next I would be getting 11fps with just 1 or 2 npcs nearby and no players lol. I played on medium with a few tweaks to keep it at 40p+ but it is a very good game and better than Wow in some ways which copied most of it on mass so I'm sure now SoE will have the new engine top of the list running smoothly. * crosses fingers
  • nerovipus32nerovipus32 Member Posts: 2,735
    Someone is pissed that wildstar is no longer top of the hype charts.
  • AntiquatedAntiquated Member RarePosts: 1,415

Well it was not so bad like eq2 but game was in bad shape and that was the main reason why most of the players left eq and migrated to wow

Data?

I can think of a hundred reasons (literally) why players choose to leave older games and migrate to the new and shiny.

• ste2000ste2000 Member EpicPosts: 6,194

Yes it deserve that hype for 2 reasons:

1) With an hype this high, SoE can't screw this up. They've been hated for years for disappointing EQ fans with a poor successor like EQ2 ad even more for turning SWG in WoW with lightsabers. People won't forgive them another fail, so they have to deliver.

2) People were asking for a real EQ successor for years but the industry was deaf on both ears, SoE included. This hype is the result of starving MMO players of this kind of game for years.

• plaxidiaplaxidia Member UncommonPosts: 171

To answer the posters question.. Yes.. I personally am really exited about the upcoming EQ game. I am a long time fan of the franchise and fully intend to buy it.

As for your argument of poor optimization? Well.. If you cant afford a machine to play the game then don't buy it. Simple. Don't knock the people who are looking forward to it. Cause you are basing your "opinion" on old experiences and those of us who are hyping it.. Well we are basing it on OUR opinions. Guess there are just more of us than you ;)

• SavageHorizonSavageHorizon Member EpicPosts: 3,466
    Originally posted by nerovipus32

Think it's more ESO, let me remind the OP of one of his own quotes.

Yea right. Like is there any chance that ''you'' people'' are not concerned about something anyway? All your existence is based  about  to find something wrong and bad. You could not exist without that, all your life is cynical and dark and now you try to release your anger and cry for help on mmo forums. You will be positive only at that moment when asteroid strikes   Earth and you can see that all of humanity is gone together.

• Unknown23Unknown23 Member Posts: 47

Why the hype?

The power of money!

• 1vald21vald2 Member UncommonPosts: 75
    Originally posted by SavageHorizon
    Originally posted by nerovipus32

Think it's more ESO, let me remind the OP of one of his own quotes.

Yea right. Like is there any chance that ''you'' people'' are not concerned about something anyway? All your existence is based  about  to find something wrong and bad. You could not exist without that, all your life is cynical and dark and now you try to release your anger and cry for help on mmo forums. You will be positive only at that moment when asteroid strikes   Earth and you can see that all of humanity is gone together.

ESO was never top of the hype charts...

Though I have to agree with a former poster that if the hype stays this high they have to deliver something polished, or else be damned forever.

Not that I am hyped as much for this game but it will be interesting to see more info on SOE live.

• nerovipus32nerovipus32 Member Posts: 2,735
    Originally posted by coretex666

I will not judge whether the hype is justified or not. However, I can say that I am not surprised by it.

The genre is so stagnant that only a promis of something different made by a company which has already proven that they can make a good MMO is enough to make people hyped....including me. While I am realizing very well that the game may be a terrible flop and that we have practically zero information at this point, I still see the possibility of EQ Next being "the greatest sandbox ever made".

If I get disappointed once its released, then so what...I am not a kid, I can deal with it

Best quote ever, some people get overly upset if a game sucks and it's utterly childish.

• IadienIadien Member UncommonPosts: 638

They created the EQ2 engine thinking that CPU's would just get faster processing speeds, I read an interview where Smed stated they thought 8GHZ cpu's would be the norm a couple of years after they launched. They apparently had no idea that dual-core etc was coming.

• furbansfurbans Member UncommonPosts: 968
    Are you really surprised?  Just look at CU, breath the word MMO and hype goes out the roof even though there is zero information on the game.  The hype gauge is severely flawed imo if games that have absolute zero info get skyrocketed with hype then plummets when actual info and demos are released.
  • sylentnytesylentnyte Member UncommonPosts: 68

EQ Next is using the planetside 2 engine, which has already proven its optimization....

Very Stoked to hear more about this game!

• stragen001stragen001 Member UncommonPosts: 1,720

More importantly.....Smedley. 

Cluck Cluck, Gibber Gibber, My Old Mans A Mushroom

• pmilespmiles Member Posts: 383

The higher the hype, the greater the fall...

I think we can all assume that based on the hype alone... not only will it crash and burn... it will be like an atomic explosion when it does.

The really good games sneak in under the radar... funny thing is, very few games do.

• AvanahAvanah Member RarePosts: 1,615
    Originally posted by Doogiehowser

Those with the most Opinions tend to have the fewest Facts.

"My Fantasy is having two men at once...

One Cooking and One Cleaning!"

---------------------------

"A good man can make you feel sexy,

strong and able to take on the whole world...

oh sorry...that's wine...wine does that..."

• bubalubabubaluba Member Posts: 434
    Originally posted by pmiles

The higher the hype, the greater the fall...

I think we can all assume that based on the hype alone... not only will it crash and burn... it will be like an atomic explosion when it does.

The really good games sneak in under the radar... funny thing is, very few games do.

Well yes lol. It looks that every game hyped  is falling down so hard and i think you are right ,this one will explode like  nuke

• BurntvetBurntvet Member RarePosts: 3,465
    The only reason this game and some other recently released games got so much hype, is the absolute lack of anything resembling a good game released in the last several years. Not a one had any longevity at all. People will grasp at anything, things have been so bad. (Oh, and MMORPG.com is paid to praise mediocre games to the skies, but then, we knew that.)
  • SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 31,937

The hype is there because of some art assets and the fact that they claim it will be a large sandbox.

In any case, they did planeside 2 so that might give you an idea of what they can do with "optimization".

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • AG-VukAG-Vuk Member UncommonPosts: 823
    Originally posted by Burntvet
    The only reason this game and some other recently released games got so much hype, is the absolute lack of anything resembling a good game released in the last several years. Not a one had any longevity at all. People will grasp at anything, things have been so bad. (Oh, and MMORPG.com is paid to praise mediocre games to the skies, but then, we knew that.)

Should've just posted : Marketing, marketing , marketing and more marketing.

• hayes303hayes303 Member UncommonPosts: 427

I haven't seen a game that has met its hype on this site ever (except maybe WoW). 

I'm optimistic about this one, but that opinion is based on the almost nothing they have released about it yet.