Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

EQN vs WildStar : Poll

12346»

Comments

• quseioquseio Member UncommonPosts: 234
    people thinking the graphics suck is a legitimate opinion,,,
  • VorthanionVorthanion Member RarePosts: 2,749
    Originally posted by Nadia
    Originally posted by ice-vortex
    Originally posted by jesteralways
    EQN will be a console RPG with MMO touch, like DCUO. it will be huge let down for people who are hyped about that game. SOE is not the kind of company that will spend money to make a game more fluid for PC; DCUO is a good example of how they do things when it comes to a multiplatform game. don't get your hopes up.

Does this mean the Planetside 2 controls are going to become magically worse because it is now a multiplatform game?

agree

both PS2 and EQ3 are using the same game engine

http://www.eq3dev.com/everquest-3/forge-light/

DCUO is not a good comparison for EQ3

That argument won't necessarily hold up.  After all, PS2 was designed for the PC first, whereas EQN is being designed from the ground up for both platforms and we know from repeated history that games made for both platforms usually make one of the platforms suffer from the other's interface and control paradigms.

• HatefullHatefull Member EpicPosts: 2,502
    Originally posted by DeaconX
    I would be FAR more interested in Wildstar if it didn't look like a blocky children's cartoon.

Same, I just do not like that are style whatsoever.  The off the shelf story does not matter as much to me, but the art, just no thank you.

If you want a new idea, go read an old book.

In order to be insulted, I must first value your opinion.

• MargulisMargulis Member CommonPosts: 1,614

Wildstar - Looks like the same game I've played endlessly over the last 10 years, plus a few new spins like every other themepark clone.

EQN - I know nothing, but it's focus is on giving mmo players something new.

EQN please.

• MargulisMargulis Member CommonPosts: 1,614
    Originally posted by McSire
    Haha, more people bashing Wildstar saying it looks terrible bad etc. That's why it's #2 rated MMO in development right? Always makes me facepalm when I see people harshly hating on a game before it's even out.

Well at least the Wildstar "haters" have something tangible to hate right?  EQN haters are just pathetic because there isn't even any info out yet, but somehow they have still managed to convince themselves they hate the game they know nothing about.

• IadienIadien Member UncommonPosts: 638
    Originally posted by Margulis

Wildstar - Looks like the same game I've played endlessly over the last 10 years, plus a few new spins like every other themepark clone.

EQN - I know nothing, but it's focus is on giving mmo players something new.

EQN please.

I've played it a few times, and I wasn't impressed at all, as you said, it's still basically the same game we've had for the past however many years, with a few new things thrown in.

I'm hoping EQN delivers, but I won't play EQN if it's the same crap we've had for years.

• JetrpgJetrpg Member UncommonPosts: 2,347
    Originally posted by Grailer

2 big AAA MMORPG's coming out soon .

Both heavyweight contenders for the title of #1 MMORPG .

EQN its not "coming out soon" we know nothing about it posting such a poll is a joke.

"Society in every state is a blessing, but government even in its best state is but a necessary evil; in its worst state an intolerable one ..." - Thomas Paine

• IadienIadien Member UncommonPosts: 638
    Originally posted by Jetrpg
    Originally posted by Grailer

2 big AAA MMORPG's coming out soon .

Both heavyweight contenders for the title of #1 MMORPG .

EQN its not "coming out soon" we know nothing about it posting such a poll is a joke.

That doesn't mean it isn't coming out "soon". SoE has stated many times that they didn't want to share anything until they had a large lead on their competitors, who will inevitably copy the ideas if EQN is successful.

• GraeyGraey Member UncommonPosts: 281

I'm not sure which one will be #1.

So many promises developers make. So many things that let players down...Never winter is plastered all over this site in the back ground...promises made on that game as well. Foundry system was prob the best part of that game.

I will keep an eye on both EQnext and Wild Star...I have to admit I do like wildstar or rather some of the things I've seen in the videos. The graphics really don't bother me at all so that won't be an issue. I see why they are doing it but if it were me I would have gone with a bit more drab colors to give it that war torn look.

However I'll beta test both of them along with Elderscrolls, and FF Reborn. If none of these MMO's sate my gaming needs then I think I will give them up for a bit.