Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The Xbox 1

RazeeksterRazeekster Member UncommonPosts: 2,591

Microsoft has really done a shit-fest of a job let me tell you! You have to be online 24/7 to play their games with the new console. That means anyone without internet: SCREW YOU! Soldiers who don't even get the chance to relax often, if you're in an area where there is no internet available: SCREW YOU. People living in rural areas: SCREW YOU. Basically, Microsoft has a big "screw you" fest going on.

Not only that, but apparently they are now not going to allow people to buy used games, or trade in their games for other ones (yup, that means if you just bought a game that is a total piece of crap and want to return it for another game: SCREW YOU!). Because the NA's economy is doing so great already Microsoft has basically decided to say that it's alright that they're going to cause the collapse of video game rental stores. Like what the flying monkey shit? Do they think everyone is shitting money out of their asses and can afford to be buying new games constantly?

Oh and here is the most awesome part of their features list: One of the features lists "allowing others in the household. family, friends, and guests to play your games too!" Um... So now a basic feature of all consoles is being listed as a major feature? Can someone get a red light over here because if this isn't a warning to the shit-fist that Microsoft is about to explode onto everyone then I don't know what is. 

I almost laughed myself to death when I saw that feature. Yay, you can play YOUR games on YOUR console with your friends and family! Thank you Microsoft. I bow down to you for giving me such a mind-blowingly new feature! You are truly spoiling me!

By now you all probably realize I'm one of people who are not going to be buying the Xbox 1. 

Smile

Comments

• MMOExposedMMOExposed Member RarePosts: 7,387

You missed the prom night party bro.

this old news.

Philosophy of MMO Game Design

• crack_foxcrack_fox Member UncommonPosts: 399
    Why so angry? It evidently isn't a product that you find desirable, so move on. No point ranting about it. From what I've seen of the XB1 so far, it has very little to recommend it. However, Asda have reported record numbers of pre-orders for the console so    some people obviously think differently. 
  • MMOExposedMMOExposed Member RarePosts: 7,387
    Originally posted by crack_fox
    Why so angry? It evidently isn't a product that you find desirable, so move on. No point ranting about it. From what I've seen of the XB1 so far, it has very little to recommend it. However, Asda have reported record numbers of pre-orders for the console so    some people obviously think differently. 

I believe the rant is more to warn others from being taken advantage of like sheep to the grind house... Some people on forums like this actually care about others and don't want others taken advantage of. I know, shocking!!!!

Philosophy of MMO Game Design

• XexvXexv Member Posts: 308

• maplestonemaplestone Member UncommonPosts: 3,099
    I guess we can look forward to a lot of these sorts of posts with the next round of the console wars upon us.
  • FdzzaiglFdzzaigl Member UncommonPosts: 2,433

This is a free forum, he has all the right to say anything he wants, whether it has a point or not in your opinion.

Maybe he owns an Xbox360 and is looking forward to potential games on the new console but is pissed because of all the restrictions, perfectly valid reason to be pissed off.

Finally, consumer outrage can change things, if justified and in sufficient numbers. "If you don't find it desirably just move on", is a generic statement that pretty much encourages you to be the plaything of major publishers. Even if your opinion isn't heard directly, take a damn stand.

Feel free to use my referral link for SW:TOR if you want to test out the game. You'll get some special unlocks!

• RazeeksterRazeekster Member UncommonPosts: 2,591
    Originally posted by MMOExposed

I believe the rant is more to warn others from being taken advantage of like sheep to the grind house... Some people on forums like this actually care about others and don't want others taken advantage of. I know, shocking!!!!

That was pretty much the point of this. I only found out myself about it after watching a video and then looking up more information on it. A lot people just go ahead and buy stuff without really researching it and then get upset when they realize that it's not what they expected.

Smile

• worldalphaworldalpha Member Posts: 403
    It is this a General Gaming thread?  Anyways, I'm curious to see what Xbox One will have to offer in the way of games.

Thanks,
    Mike
    Working on Social Strategy MMORTS (now Launched!) http://www.worldalpha.com

• RazeeksterRazeekster Member UncommonPosts: 2,591
    Originally posted by worldalpha
    It is this a General Gaming thread?  Anyways, I'm curious to see what Xbox One will have to offer in the way of games.

Considering the Pub is for everything besides specific MMOs... No. You can be curious but f you buy into it, you're just one of the foolish masses who are accepting of corporations making gaming a complete inconvenience. And this is Microsoft so expect more Halo and Modern Blahfest.

Smile

• steamtanksteamtank Member UncommonPosts: 391

apparently the military is going to get some sort of exception....

also its online once every 24 hours

still its a shitfest that i am avoiding. I want a gaming rig, not Hal

• huskie77huskie77 Member Posts: 354
    I understand your outrage, but many of your "facts" are wrong.

Family member being able to play not a feature? It's actually up to 10 family member being able to play the game anywhere. http://www.cnn.com/2013/06/07/tech/gaming-gadgets/microsoft-xbox-one-answers

Used games? Microsoft keeps stating they haven't decided how this will work yet but that they do want people to have access to buy and sell games. http://kotaku.com/the-xbox-is-not-always-online-but-seems-to-block-used-509077987

It seems many people want to hate it before they even actually learn about it. The press conference was poorly done, which can explain why people originally reacted so bad, but there has been a lot of new information clarifying these issues. So people who are still spouting them either haven't done any research or are intentionally trying to flame the product with false information.

• StanlyStankoStanlyStanko Member UncommonPosts: 270

Xbone

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332

Well you can blame all the thieves/criminals for the online thing,unless you can think of a better way for them to make sure people are not playing hacked versions?

I do agree with the complaint on resale of games.We can resell everything in life as should be,no reason software should get all the special privileges they have.

Personally i wouldn't support console gaming anyhow,we have no ability to test or trial the products,well unless you go to a friends house that bought the game.I also find console gaming to be inferior in every way ,i prefer to play the better product version which is on a PC.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• kullninjakullninja Member Posts: 8
    get a ps4 it will be way better anyway screw microcrap!! they do not care about indie games either. sony on the other hand will have a ton of free games plus indie games. ps4 all the way!!
  • kullninjakullninja Member Posts: 8
    no there not this is coming straight from microsoft!!
  • gadunkgadunk Member UncommonPosts: 164
    I'm glad I have fast internet and dont buy games before reading reviews and watching a bit of gameplay video. Otherwise, maybe I'd be angry. As it is, I can't wait for XB1. I'm big into movies/tv as well and the way it integrates is awesome. Numbers dont lie and I'm one of the majority of xbox users that uses it more as a media tool than a gaming platform anyway.
  • AbimorAbimor Member RarePosts: 874
    Well if they do the used game thing I will not buy an xbox and I have owned one since their launch. It is not the consumers fault that they want you to run games from your hard drive only. Also the size of the hard drive  is way to small.
This discussion has been closed.