Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Crafting game

ichihaifuichihaifu Member UncommonPosts: 280

Well, not crafting-only-game, but a game where crafting matters. This is the type of game I'm looking for.

What I wanna do is for example be a chef, where I have to either buy the wheat or flour from market, or gather it myself from fields and then grind the wheat down to flour before I can use it for crafting. Get what I mean?

I'm looking for a game where I dont have to worry about leveling myself to do crafting, a game that I can play along with my other games for fun while still doing something meaningful for other players. What would be totally awesome is if I could have my own farm plant or chemistry lab where I can do the gathering and do maintenance for the place.

Closest game that I know of where you can do most of this is mabinogi, but after dabbling a bit in to that game it turned out it wasnt exactly what I was looking for.

Any games out where I can do these things?

Comments

• ichihaifuichihaifu Member UncommonPosts: 280

Yeah I've been eyeing EVE for god knows how long, but I'm kind of afraid to step in to that game because of all the things i've heard about it.

And on top of that I'd feel bad if I didnt get in to the game and had to pay monthly fee for it.

• ReizlaReizla Member RarePosts: 4,092

Fallen Earth...

Originally posted by Reizla

Fallen Earth...

Care to give me some insight on the game itself other than the title?

• redcappredcapp Member Posts: 722
    You could try Wakfu
    Originally posted by redcapp
    You could try Wakfu

Has the marketing changed on that game? If I recall right, that game was HEAVILY limited for those that were not paying subscription?

• NetSageNetSage Member UncommonPosts: 1,059
    Originally posted by ichihaifu

Yeah I've been eyeing EVE for god knows how long, but I'm kind of afraid to step in to that game because of all the things i've heard about it.

And on top of that I'd feel bad if I didnt get in to the game and had to pay monthly fee for it.

Well talk to someone get the 21 day trial.  And/or there are $5 dollar sales all the time and even if you lack time to play sometimes it's the one game that lets you continue to advance still.(just login for a few minutes to update your skill queue.)

It's honestly one of the harder games to turn a profit through production (at first but once you get going it should be a somewhat steady income).

Take the jump and don't be afraid to ask for help. ;)

How big is the monthly fee in eve, though?

Also would age of wushu be a candidate?

• tarodintarodin Member UncommonPosts: 128

A tale in the desert... i dont know if stills online... only crafting and you are allowed to use macros... building egypt, it has a nice concept...

• EladiEladi Member UncommonPosts: 1,145

Its not a game to do as a side game, wushu/wulin crafting is to dependent on instances (for recipe drops) and the resource collection while mostly save can have the nasty surprise of players jumping kicking and murdering you its a free for all pvp game whit rules that lower the random killing but its still a real possibility 

• NetSageNetSage Member UncommonPosts: 1,059

$15 a month but if your succesfull at making money in game you can buy plex(game time) with isk(the in game currency).  However I wouldn't go into the game planning to do this.  While possible don't make the game a job.

As someone else mentioned wakfu has a pretty in depth crafting system.

Lastly Final Fantasy XIV in a couple months.

• tarodintarodin Member UncommonPosts: 128
    one month is 14€ and if you buy 3 is cheaper... BTW if you do instrustial stuff... that's tradeskill you can earn lot of money and buy a game item named PLEX... each item is a 30days of game time, so you dont have to pay monthly
    Originally posted by Eladi

Its not a game to do as a side game, wushu/wulin crafting is to dependent on instances (for recipe drops) and the resource collection while mostly save can have the nasty surprise of players jumping kicking and murdering you its a free for all pvp game whit rules that lower the random killing but its still a real possibility 

Ah alright so neither of them in the end is a candidate.

Wushu would be but I dont want to go in to instances/fight for my materials/recipes unless I choose something like hunter/skinner where my income would depend on the animals I take down.

Originally posted by NetSage

$15 a month but if your succesfull at making money in game you can buy plex(game time) with isk(the in game currency).  However I wouldn't go into the game planning to do this.  While possible don't make the game a job.

As someone else mentioned wakfu has a pretty in depth crafting system.

Lastly Final Fantasy XIV in a couple months.

Can you give me some detail on FFXIV? Ive always known FF series but I never played one. I dont really care about the story, but what is expected from the game when it comes out? Also if I were to pre-purchase now, seeing that would get me to beta, when are these betas?

• GdemamiGdemami Member EpicPosts: 12,342

Originally posted by ichihaifuAh alright so neither of them in the end is a candidate.Wushu would be but I dont want to go in to instances/fight for my materials/recipes unless I choose something like hunter/skinner where my income would depend on the animals I take down.

Forget Age of Wushu, silly crap based on random number generator, one of the worst trading UI/system you can find and free alts to craft whatever you need, all resulting in non-existent economy.

EVE is the only game with complex production system and player driven economy that actually makes industry people matter.

• aspekxaspekx Member UncommonPosts: 2,167

Fallen Earth is a good candidate. you can try the game out as f2p, but there are serious crafting limitations if you choose to stay f2p. im not sure as to the monthly fee but i believe it ranges from 10-15$.

the game itself i enjoyed. the community that exists in chat is unbelievably cliquesh so seek out your fellow crafters in a guild or on the forums would be my only suggestion.

other than that the combat mechanics seem to work fine by me. harvesting is pretty straightforward as you are simply scavenging piles you see lying around on the ground.

they recently introduced 'farming' as well, but i left when they changed the f2p crafting restrictions.

the game is certainly not overpopulated but there was always a steady stream of people that i found in the towns and occassionally out in the wastelands.

as for a specific profession like 'chef' i really cant think of any except for the now defunct SWG.

if you do find a game you like post it back here for the rest of us to check out as well :)

"There are at least two kinds of games.
    One could be called finite, the other infinite.
    A finite game is played for the purpose of winning,
    an infinite game for the purpose of continuing play."
    Finite and Infinite Games, James Carse

• SomeHumanSomeHuman Member UncommonPosts: 560
    Have you considered Darkfall Online?  Because it is a full loot game, and almost all items are player crafted, crafters are very important in DF.  It is an intense game, though, and it sounds like you might want something more laid-back.

Gaming since 1985; Online gaming since 1995; No End in Sight! My YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC8POVoJ8fdOseuJ4U1ZX-oA

• aspekxaspekx Member UncommonPosts: 2,167

he is right on all counts about Darkfall. as well as his remark about intense, as in FFA full loot PvP.

this one aspect keeps more old school, hardcore crafters i know away from this game than anything else. if they came out with a nonpvp server i think Aventurine would make enough back to further improve the pvp game.

"There are at least two kinds of games.
    One could be called finite, the other infinite.
    A finite game is played for the purpose of winning,
    an infinite game for the purpose of continuing play."
    Finite and Infinite Games, James Carse

• ScorchienScorchien Member LegendaryPosts: 8,914

Istaria is what you are looking for ...    aside from ATITD it has the deepest crafting and building of any mmo out today ..

19 crafting schools and you can do them all on one character.....

http://istaria-guides.com/

• ShadanwolfShadanwolf Member UncommonPosts: 2,392
    I'm surprised no one has suggested VANGUARD. It's now ftp.Deep meaningful crafting.
    Originally posted by Scorchien

Istaria is what you are looking for ...    aside from ATITD it has the deepest crafting and building of any mmo out today ..

How is the playerbase on that game? Its the first time I've ever heard of it.

Originally posted by Shadanwolf
    I'm surprised no one has suggested VANGUARD. It's now ftp.Deep meaningful crafting.

And this, are many people playing it and do I need to level up to do crafting?

Still an active community there and also very helpful.. just take a few minutes nd set your chat chnnels up .. New Player Assitance , Crafting .. etc,, click the bubble in the chat window and select the channels you want .. you will also notice dedicted Crafting , Building.. Coctruction job channels .. and guild channels that welcaome new players to come in and chat .. ..

And no .. you can be Lvl 100 in any craft and still lvl 1 Adventure class if you choose

• TaishiFoxTaishiFox Member RarePosts: 999

Still an active community there and also very helpful.. just take a few minutes nd set your chat chnnels up .. New Player Assitance , Crafting .. etc,, click the bubble in the chat window and select the channels you want .. you will also notice dedicted Crafting , Building.. Coctruction job channels .. and guild channels that welcaome new players to come in and chat .. ..

And no .. you can be Lvl 100 in any craft and still lvl 1 Adventure class if you choose

Since Scortchien hasn't been completely honest with you in regards to your question, I'll tell you.  The community is very small, barely a hundred players play it now days.  I know this for fact cus I used to play it and lost interest once the  community dwingled.  It is worth playing if crafting really is your thing but honestly there's barely any players around to benefit from so eventually this may seem like a waste of time for you.

imageimage

Originally posted by Urvan

Since Scortchien hasn't been completely honest with you in regards to your question, I'll tell you.  The community is very small, barely a hundred players play it now days.  I know this for fact cus I used to play it and lost interest once the  community dwingled.  It is worth playing if crafting really is your thing but honestly there's barely any players around to benefit from so eventually this may seem like a waste of time for you.

Where wasnt i honest .. wtf you talking about .. i said it has an active community and it does .. i play now .. and there are always people on .. i didnt give numbers .. there isnt a need to .. TThere is an active community answers the question ..

..  And there still is a need for crafting particular to stock the cosigners in New Trimus for new players and alts .. 

It has a f2p model .. chk for yourself .... 

And just logged in Sat 10 am .. bout 150 people on .. thats an active community .... thx for playing

• TaishiFoxTaishiFox Member RarePosts: 999

Where wasnt i honest .. wtf you talking about .. i said it has an active community and it does .. i play now .. and there are always people on .. i didnt give numbers .. there isnt a need to .. TThere is an active community answers the question ..

..  And there still is a need for crafting particular to stock the cosigners in New Trimus for new players and alts .. 

It has a f2p model .. chk for yourself .... 

Where wasn't you completely honest? try an active community, try not mentioning the lack of players.  There's barely a community on this game to even consider it to be active.  Barely a hundred players, even if they're all on whenever they can spare time, doesn't make it that active especially if all of them have an inconvenient time schedule.  Hell last time I checked there weren't even any players if any in the so-called newbie help channels.

imageimage

Thanks for the input both of you, but please try to stay polite.

I might give it a shot if its anything you make it to be, I will probably have some fun with it when I'm not playing my 'main' games.

Now how about vanguard then, what is that game like?