Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

EQN vs WildStar : Poll

Comments

• ice-vortexice-vortex Member UncommonPosts: 960
    Originally posted by jesteralways
    EQN will be a console RPG with MMO touch, like DCUO. it will be huge let down for people who are hyped about that game. SOE is not the kind of company that will spend money to make a game more fluid for PC; DCUO is a good example of how they do things when it comes to a multiplatform game. don't get your hopes up.

Does this mean the Planetside 2 controls are going to become magically worse because it is now a multiplatform game?

• baphametbaphamet Member RarePosts: 3,311

Originally posted by Vorch
    THERE CAN ONLY BE ONE

/sarcasm

This kind of thinking is why there is so much hate in our community. People disregard that you can play multiple games. People also seem to think that if a game is not for them, no one else could like it...or at the very least, those who like this "horrible" game must be noobs, casuals, carebears, (insert new hipster mmo phrase here).

Gamers are what's wrong with this industry.

i could not have said it any better :)

that said, its okay not to like a game for personal reasons, graphics are kind of a big thing for me. not necessarily the quality but the style.

i don't like eastern mmo's for the same reason, with their anime style character models and models that looks like 12 year old girls with gigantic knockers, cant stand em.

for me wildstar is just as bad looking for my tastes. not a fan of cartoons in general and i don't want to play a cartoon mmo either.

• RusqueRusque Member RarePosts: 2,785

I think EQN will be very successful, but not for the denizens of this forum.

And if EQN rumors are true and it's a PS4 game there will be many tears and I will laugh.

Wildstar may very well be a contender, esp if it has the polish of WoW. I have never before thought WoW was truly on it's way down, but it's feeling more and more like the behemoth is about to capsize at any moment unless Blizzard can pull magic out of their bums.

And with so many WoW players having recently left and more probably  ready to Wildstar looks to be a natural transition but with more!

What was WoW besides EQ but with improvements? If Wildstar proves true and is WoW with improvement it will do extremely well. Other themeparks have failed because they tried to be WoW with less, and of course as we've seen that doesn't really work.

But seriously, if an MMO comes out on the PS4 it will do well with the console community (they generally don't have access to MMOs) but there will be many tears on these forums.

• dontadowdontadow Member UncommonPosts: 1,005

I agree, I recommend listening to the Nas song "Ether".

"who's the best? Pac, Nas and Big

Ain't no best, East, West, North, South, flossed out, greedy"

That's how I feel about it. I don't play Sandboxes, but I hope EQNext is successful. I'm a bit leery of Raid content but  I hope Wildstar is successful. I havn't heard much about Elder Scroll but I hope they are successful.

The more successful games in a genre, the better the genre. Look at the 90s RPGs, there was a flurry of hit RPGs that eventually made the RPG genre relevant. So long as the game treats its vision correctly and is trying to "further" the genre i'm happy, more power. 

• RemainsRemains Member UncommonPosts: 375

Rofl at this thread... image

We know next to NOTHING about EQN... and still this thread is practically oozing with fanboyism. People, you really should try to snap out of it, or you're very likely to be dissapointed. Extreme hype tends to do that with people.

Originally posted by coretex666
    Originally posted by Icewhite

As usual, the setup to polarize the audience for X vs Z is waaaaay too far in advance.

Suspect they'll never really compete, in any meaningful way.

You'd better choose your side soon...the war is coming.

No, find the whole sandbox/themepark argument as immature as the role playing game "edition wars".  My wife loves sandbox single games, I don't hate her for it or don't ant them to not make any more sims because its' (ruining gaming). I don't like american rpgs, but i don't want them to stop making them. Wow created a subgenre, oh well, if folk like it why knock it. Even created a subgenre. Sounds good. awesome. Both EQNext and Wildstar even sound like they will have elements of sandbox and "themepark" so who cares. 

• st3v3b0st3v3b0 Member UncommonPosts: 155
    I would not classify EQ Next as "soon".
  • Punk999Punk999 Member UncommonPosts: 882

Well from all info i know...

Wildstar if people want a new WoW with a new combat system and a house.

OR

EQ next that is said to be the biggest sandbox ever bringing something different to this genre.

I pick EQ next if true.

"Negaholics are people who become addicted to negativity and self-doubt, they find fault in most things and never seem to be satisfied."
    ^MMORPG.com

• DrakynnDrakynn Member Posts: 2,030
    Originally posted by dontadow

As usual, the setup to polarize the audience for X vs Z is waaaaay too far in advance.

No, find the whole sandbox/themepark argument as immature as the role playing game "edition wars".  My wife loves sandbox single games, I don't hate her for it or don't ant them to not make any more sims because its' (ruining gaming). I don't like american rpgs, but i don't want them to stop making them. Wow created a subgenre, oh well, if folk like it why knock it. Even created a subgenre. Sounds good. awesome. Both EQNext and Wildstar even sound like they will have elements of sandbox and "themepark" so who cares. 

Being neutral is boring. It does work for Switzerland though.

You know what's just as bad as the genre being dominated by themeparks cloned after WoW?The Genre being dominated by sandboxes cloned after EQN if it pulls it off.

Some of us want a variety of great choices.

Seems some people want this genre to become stagnant one way or another like the FPS genre where they release generic military/space FPS 481 every month with an exception every few years.

• BrownAleBrownAle Member Posts: 399

bad poll

game close to launch were a lot is known about it vs a game on a drawing board with nothing known about it,

• TamanousTamanous Member RarePosts: 3,026

I think soon is rather relative. Wildstar will be out LONG before EQNext. Also they aren't really in the same genre. At best Wildstar is a themepark layered with sandbox elements. EQNext sounds like a 100% pure sandbox.

If Wildstar takes off it is because it isn't too different from recent games and can draw crowds from the themepark games. If EQNext takes off it will be by drawing in sandbox lovers and attracting people not familiar with them from other genres.

It is like comparing a new generation of a family car that has been proven for years yet has a nice new shiny design against a company building an entirely new car line and hoping it is received well.

You stay sassy!

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332

Neither ,i Find Jake Song to be a more up and up person than Smedley and Wildstar has too much bottom end.

Archeage will be as robust,look as good if not better  and  Jake Song imo won't be trying to nickle and dime us like SOE does with cash shops and the game won't look cartoony.

I have no doubt both Wildstar and EQ:Next will be decent games and quite playable,i just don't see either game as being a number 1 hit.

However i thought the same thing about WOW,i still feel i was right,just took so many other,years to see the downside of Wow that i saw in the first month.

I think just like when WOW hit the market ,right now we have a lot of desperate gamer's dying and hoping for a game to come out that is great.Just like when Wow came out,if a game is publicly accepted as being a hit,then it seems players file in one after another.

I prefer gamer's to do their homework and really look at each game and make a smart decision,not one that just follows the status quo.However what ends up happening is we see tons promising to pre-order and buy a game before they have even tried the product and in some cases just because their friends are or because they are a EQ fan or a Blizzard fan.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• NadiaNadia Member UncommonPosts: 11,798
    Originally posted by ice-vortex
    Originally posted by jesteralways
    EQN will be a console RPG with MMO touch, like DCUO. it will be huge let down for people who are hyped about that game. SOE is not the kind of company that will spend money to make a game more fluid for PC; DCUO is a good example of how they do things when it comes to a multiplatform game. don't get your hopes up.

Does this mean the Planetside 2 controls are going to become magically worse because it is now a multiplatform game?

agree

both PS2 and EQ3 are using the same game engine

http://www.eq3dev.com/everquest-3/forge-light/

DCUO is not a good comparison for EQ3

• MalviousMalvious Member UncommonPosts: 218
    EQN Will be far more intresting for me personally. Doesnt mean i wont play WS to pass time until EQN comes out.

Fine, we'll compromise. I'll get my way & you'll find a way to be okay with that.

• DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183
    Originally posted by Wizardry

Neither ,i Find Jake Song to be a more up and up person than Smedley and Wildstar has too much bottom end.

Archeage will be as robust,look as good if not better  and  Jake Song imo won't be trying to nickle and dime us like SOE does with cash shops and the game won't look cartoony.

I have no doubt both Wildstar and EQ:Next will be decent games and quite playable,i just don't see either game as being a number 1 hit.

However i thought the same thing about WOW,i still feel i was right,just took so many other,years to see the downside of Wow that i saw in the first month.

I think just like when WOW hit the market ,right now we have a lot of desperate gamer's dying and hoping for a game to come out that is great.Just like when Wow came out,if a game is publicly accepted as being a hit,then it seems players file in one after another.

I prefer gamer's to do their homework and really look at each game and make a smart decision,not one that just follows the status quo.However what ends up happening is we see tons promising to pre-order and buy a game before they have even tried the product and in some cases just because their friends are or because they are a EQ fan or a Blizzard fan.

That won't be his decision, that will depend on the publisher.

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

Originally posted by dontadow

Being neutral is boring. It does work for Switzerland though.

It's not neutral, it's just being able to appreciate different games that are absolutely two directions. If you strip away MMO from the title one game would be closer to a strategy/war civiliation game the other to a Jrpg.  I love both of those genres, and I like when they are mixed up a bit (ala dark cloud 2 ).  HOwever, once we tag mmo on a title, it becomes this sandbox versus themepark crazy argument when people don't realize they are two completely different genres of game. It'sl ike saying whats better between god of war 3 and madden 25. Well what if I like sleeping with goddesses and man tackling. Why can't I like both. 

• ereyethirnereyethirn Member Posts: 79
    I picked wildstar simply because we know nothing about everquest next besides its connected to everquest, and I don't want to hype a game I know nothing about.
  • dreamscaperdreamscaper Member UncommonPosts: 1,592
    I really don't understand all the hate towards the cartoonish graphish style that Wildstar and WoW share. I think it looks greaet, and it ages much better than a realistic style.

<3

• GrailerGrailer Member UncommonPosts: 893
    Originally posted by Avrid

I really don't see how you can compare the 2 games when one of them only has a working title and no other information out there. 

ask again when SOE  finally decides to give some actual  details, instead of vague general statements

Alas I feel people have misunderstood the question in the poll .

It is not asking which one is going to be better . Or even which one is better .  It is merely asking which one you >> HOPE << will be the best one .

• tordurbartordurbar Member UncommonPosts: 421
    I know nothing about EQN but I have read a lot and seen lots of videos about Wildstar. I am concerned about the action combat - after a while that gets boring. However, housing looks awesome, the humor is great and the Paths are cool! So what if the graphics look like WOW.  A fantasy/sci-fi world should look like a fantasy/sci-fi world and not like medieval Europe.
  • MyrdynnMyrdynn Member RarePosts: 2,479

Wildstar = Themepark, hub to hub quest grind

EQN= Sandbox 

there really is no doubt which will win

• FdzzaiglFdzzaigl Member UncommonPosts: 2,433

Wildstar, haven't seen anything on EQN.

Too bad I don't see this poll up on the wildstar forums as well, but I guess everyone would guess the result then. Just like you could with this one :p

Feel free to use my referral link for SW:TOR if you want to test out the game. You'll get some special unlocks!

• superguitardudesuperguitardude Member Posts: 30

Let's be honest, ESO will dominate the MMO charts at the end of 2013.

If I'm wrong,  you can have my sammich.

• GrailerGrailer Member UncommonPosts: 893
    Originally posted by Myrdynn

Wildstar = Themepark, hub to hub quest grind

EQN= Sandbox 

there really is no doubt which will win

I've only played 2 sandbox MMO's before . 1 was UO which I played for 3 years .  The other way Star Wars Galaxies which I played for about 2 years . Both games were ruined by the Devs.

For example in UO I was quite happy doing PvP but they bought in death penalities that were outrageous and game breaking . I don't mean the lose items on death , I mean you get turned into a ghost and cant resurrect for about 2 months or more.

Then SWG ,  that was a great game however they bought in a questing system to become a jedi and it became a themepark.

• RinnaRinna Member UncommonPosts: 389

Wildstar looks fantastic.  I don't trust SOE anyway.

They kind of appeal to two different types of gamers don't they?

No bitchers.