Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Tabula Rasa: Petition to Revive Endorsed by Garriott

Comments

• wizyywizyy Member UncommonPosts: 629
    ...and if it was revived, 99% of those who are clamoring for it would quit again after a month.
  • Johnie-MarzJohnie-Marz Member UncommonPosts: 865
    Originally posted by wizyy
    ...and if it was revived, 99% of those who are clamoring for it would quit again after a month.

And if it was revived again, sales would improve by 200 % (Hey making up numbers if fun!!!)

• wizyywizyy Member UncommonPosts: 629
    Originally posted by Johnie-Marz

And if it was revived again, sales would improve by 200 % (Hey making up numbers if fun!!!)

Pffft. "In my opinion" was implied even it wasn't stated, you just don't LIKE what I said.

• JaknifeJaknife Member Posts: 51

There are now 3 of these threads for the same thing, so I will put in here, the same as I did in the other one, with a little extra, to prove my point.

There is no point to it, it's a waste of time, doing.

It has been running for a couple of days, and even with multiple threads in here, it has only got 482 people on the petition.

Even if you got 100k people on it, it STILL won't happen.

They have shut down, multiple server emulator projects, for TR.

NCSoft will NOT 100% bring it back.

This is my opinion, but lets look at the facts, this petition has been up for a couple of days, and there have been multiple threads on here promoting it.

In the time since the petition started (18th May), there are only 486 signers.

If we ignore the time before the last couple of days, as that's when it really started getting promoted on here, and say an average of 250 per day sign it.

Even after 30 days, there will still only be 7,500 signatures on it.

Even after 10 months, at that sustained rate (which 250 per day, is high), there would still only be 75k signatures.

The cost for conversion for F2P, making a store, and designing new items for it (as they won't do it for love of the players) and server maintenance and on-going costs, they would have to get at least a couple of hundred thousand players.

That's without any form of advertising (probably just a few logo's and a column on a couple of sites).

Now, don't get me wrong, I enjoyed the game, have the collectors edition, and I even tried it on the Infiniterasa server emulator, before they shut it down.

The most annoying part of it all, is people really liked it  http://www.flickr.com/photos/93318459@N00/2784351928/in/photolist-5f3wPJ-5f3yzy-5f3AbS-5f3AmC-6RkWW3, and all the bugs were worked out, right before it closed down.

The reality is, it would cost to much, and especially after the whole court case with Richard Garriot as well, costing them money.

I think it's another case of Firefly. (sadly).

Originally posted by Veighnerg

I would love to see Tabula Rasa come back to life, albeit with some changes to improve gameplay to be more appealing to the masses.

I believe they could do two things to truly improve the play

1) Planetside 2 combat style. There were almost there anyway.

2) Let the Bane be a playable race. Incorperate that into the pvp

Pffft. "In my opinion" was implied even it wasn't stated, you just don't LIKE what I said.

And Sarcasm was implied in what I said.

• DamonVileDamonVile Member UncommonPosts: 4,818

Signing a petition is meaningless. I could put my name on there and there is no way in  hell I'd play that game again.

Get the rights for the game and start a kickstarter up for it and see how many ppl REALLY want it back.

Originally posted by DamonVile

Signing a petition is meaningless. I could put my name on there and there is no way in  hell I'd play that game again.

Get the rights for the game and start a kickstarter up for it and see how many ppl REALLY want it back.

That's not a bad idea, the only question is, would NCsoft sell the rights. 

• catofmanycatofmany Member UncommonPosts: 30
    Yes! Signed! Also bring back Autoassault!
  • furbansfurbans Member UncommonPosts: 968
    Originally posted by DamonVile

That's not a bad idea, the only question is, would NCsoft sell the rights. 

I bet they would if they would get their 28 million back, or at least a good portion.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.

Somebody, somewhere has better skills as you have, more experience as you have, is smarter than you, has more friends as you do and can stay online longer. Just pray he's not out to get you.
  • mrrshann618mrrshann618 Member UncommonPosts: 279

From how I understand the fate of TR,

RG was supposed to put out a fantasy style game for NcSoft, being Lord British and all. Halfway through development and funding the whole of the code gets scrapped. I'm not sure the reason, from how I hear it much of the original concepts and designs went into making Aion. The resurrection of TR was the form we saw today, however in halfway through development and even less funding the team scrambles to make the TR that those of us loved.

RG starts getting this notion into his head to get launched into space. Even before this NcSoft and RG were butting heads, politics galore, lets just say that neither cared for one another. NcSoft took the opportunity to "have RG resign while he was in space by his own wishes" RG gets down, and takes NcSoft to court as they were not his wishes. However damage has been done and NcSoft has already decided to pull the plug on TR to make way for Aion, the game they really wanted in the first place.

Jump forward to roughly 2011 and a game starts to surface known as Infinite Rasa, A really buggy emulator created by many enthusiasts to try and revive Tabula Rasa. It goes on for a while and around November 2011 NcSoft puts the banhammer down on this group of enthusiasts and issues a cease and desist order due to the fact that they still own the TR IP. From how I understand it TR was then shut into the NcSoft's vault of "never again"

SO, RG and NcSoft will never see Eye to Eye, I know that RG would love to stick it to NcSoft once again. I also know that even though TR was buggy, it was the only game I've ever played where I gone done with something to realize that I'd been grinding mobs. I hate grinding, I cannot stand those stupid fishing games that most MMO's have.

I did sign, and I would play this in a heart beat.

Play what you Like. I like SWOTR, Have a referral to get you going!
    -->  http://www.swtor.com/r/nBndbs  <--
    Several Unlocks and a few days game time to make the F2P considerably easier
  • Kaynos1972Kaynos1972 Member Posts: 2,316

Some things are better left dead, this game is one of them.

/not signed.

• wowcloneswowclones Member Posts: 127
    No way, he just took 2 million from people to make Shrouds of the Avatar. It ain't going to happen, he has another game on his plate.
  • MkilbrideMkilbride Member UncommonPosts: 643

Garriot doesn't give one flying fuck about Tabula Rasa.

He just likes the free publicity.

Help get Camelot Unchained made, a old-school MMORPG, with no hand holding!

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/13861848/camelot-unchained

• SevenwindSevenwind Member UncommonPosts: 2,188

Took longer for some people to rant why this game shouldn't come back than it took to sign the petition. I never heard of the petition until this site and it's jumped in numbers since then.

I'll be one of the first to sign up if it comes back. 

.. .... .- - . - .-. --- .-.. .-.. ... .-- .... --- .-. . .--. --- .-. - .-.-.-

--------------------------------------------------------
    Promote what you love instead of bashing what you hate.

• H0urg1assH0urg1ass Member EpicPosts: 2,380

I don't understand why anyone would have a problem bringing a game back that people enjoyed playing.  

Personally, I don't think it will ever experience a "revival" and  I don't even believe that a lot of the older players would go back if it was turned on today.  People move on.

I played it for a couple of months, but it just felt... "meh".  It wasn't terrible by any means, but it wasn't all that great or innovative either.

All of that aside, I have no problems with it being turned back on.  Doesn't effect me or the games I play in any way and people who loved it could go back to loving it.  Everyone wins.

• BlindchanceBlindchance Member UncommonPosts: 1,112

I was amazed the game even make it that far, all thanks to Garriott. The initial game designers had no f...idea what they want to make out of that game.

The game had unique setting and while I believed it needed more game content it's still better then some other trash which is still on the market.

• mattadams007mattadams007 Member Posts: 70
    Number #665 to sign...  never played this game but I'd like options to other games if nothing else.

• daltaniousdaltanious Member UncommonPosts: 2,381
    Originally posted by Rohn
    I really doubt this petition will go anywhere, but I'd enjoy the chance to play TR again.

I have stopped to play far before 30 days free time expired, but i have not problem for ressurection. :-) I'm sure a lot of players enjoyed a lot to play it.

• comradebabyloncomradebabylon Member Posts: 7

NCsoft went and shut down a whole host of games. TR and COH were all casualties in the mass retreat. The gameplay was good, but NCsoft just didn't give enough fucks.

I'd play TR, SUBBED, over SWTOR any day.

• ClawhammerClawhammer Member Posts: 16
    HOAH Now we got over 800 signed onto the petition.
  • ArglebargleArglebargle Member EpicPosts: 3,395

NCSoft does not like to lose face.  No chance.

They are bozos, and will never get another red cent from me.....

But I am all for any form of embarrasment you can come up with....

If you are holding out for the perfect game, the only game you play will be the waiting one.

• aleosaleos Member UncommonPosts: 1,942
    i do remember playing this a lot. but i can think of other games i'd rather have back from the dead.
  • DauntisDauntis Member UncommonPosts: 600
    Oh wow, I wanted to play TR, but never got the chance because I was sick that day.

Help support an artist and gamer who has lost his tools to create and play: http://www.gofundme.com/u63nzcgk