Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What the heck IS THAT? o.0

ElikalElikal Member UncommonPosts: 7,912

Ok, I was curious and since it was free I tried it out on STEAM.

Oh boy. I don't know where to begin. Half of the time I had to restart because for some reasons the screen went black. BLACK! They didn't even manage to SHOW the game half of the time.

Then you can chose from what, six, premade characters. Six. As in 6. I took this red... what was his name? Looked like Deadpool just not cool. This blind lawyer guy. I could not even set any details of the looks or a name to distinguish myself in ANY way.

And then top down perspective. I felt like I was back to 1995 playing Crusader No Remorse. Only not cool. (again) So I can hack one attack. One. Oh and with right click I can jump on enemies. That's it.

Seriously. THIS is the Marvel MMO? I am sorry, but... this is farce! I don't even know what to say, other than I have rarely EVER seen such a lame, stupid, boring, ridiculous excuse for a MMO. I am sorry but... trololol to this attempt to make a MMO. I can only say to the developers working on this: please seek some USEFUL job, mkay? Like filling shelves at WalMart or being a plumber, because ANY other job than making such a game would be better.

What a waste.

People don't ask questions to get answers - they ask questions to show how smart they are. - Dogbert

Comments

• Po_ggPo_gg Member EpicPosts: 5,749
    Originally posted by Elikal

I took this red... what was his name? Looked like Deadpool just not cool. This blind lawyer guy. I could not even set any details of the looks or a name to distinguish myself in ANY way.

Deadpool, cooler than Daredevil? Riight. Since when? :)

The rest was spot on, I too said the same thing since the first news started to flow... A crappy diablo-clone instead of a real mmo with official Marvel backup, an obviously very lame decision. Just because the console kiddies like the UA series... /sad panda.

• nariusseldonnariusseldon Member EpicPosts: 27,775
    Originally posted by Po_gg

I took this red... what was his name? Looked like Deadpool just not cool. This blind lawyer guy. I could not even set any details of the looks or a name to distinguish myself in ANY way.

The rest was spot on, I too said the same thing since the first news started to flow... A crappy diablo-clone instead of a real mmo with official Marvel backup, an obviously very lame decision. Just because the console kiddies like the UA series... /sad panda.

Marvel Ultimate Alliance is a better game than most MMOs out there.

This is a good online version, i would much rather play this than "proper" MMOs.

• TeiloTeilo Member Posts: 284

wait.. you know his secret identity is a lawyer and that he's blind, but you don't know he's called Daredevil? ok...

You earn more powers as you level up, I have a level 7 Thing with very few powers and it's boring as heck to play, my level 12 Storm has lots of powers and is much more fun for me.

It's not what an old geezer like me would call a traditional MMO, but I can play it online, with friends and it's fun in small doses.

Hopefully it'll improve over the next few months, or not... I don't really care, it's free!

• WhiteLanternWhiteLantern Member RarePosts: 3,306

Oh boy. I don't know where to begin. Half of the time I had to restart because for some reasons the screen went black. BLACK! They didn't even manage to SHOW the game half of the time.

Then you can chose from what, six, premade characters. Six. As in 6. I took this red... what was his name? Looked like Deadpool just not cool. This blind lawyer guy. I could not even set any details of the looks or a name to distinguish myself in ANY way.

And then top down perspective. I felt like I was back to 1995 playing Crusader No Remorse. Only not cool. (again) So I can hack one attack. One. Oh and with right click I can jump on enemies. That's it.

Seriously. THIS is the Marvel MMO? I am sorry, but... this is farce! I don't even know what to say, other than I have rarely EVER seen such a lame, stupid, boring, ridiculous excuse for a MMO. I am sorry but... trololol to this attempt to make a MMO. I can only say to the developers working on this: please seek some USEFUL job, mkay? Like filling shelves at WalMart or being a plumber, because ANY other job than making such a game would be better.

What a waste.

Ok, disregarding the first part, which sounds like un-excuseable technical issues on their part, you should have know all of the rest going in.

Seriously, old boy, don't you do any research any more? Or do you just let masochism take over?

And, no, I have no interest in this game, because I've researched it and all of the things you've pointed out turned me away.

And there is no way in hell that Deadpool is cooler than Daredevil.

I want a mmorpg where people have gone through misery, have gone through school stuff and actually have had sex even. -sagil

• nerovipus32nerovipus32 Member Posts: 2,735

Every superhero is cooler than Daredevil.

• DibdabsDibdabs Member RarePosts: 3,203
    Very disappointed with this farce of a game.  How this takes up 10 gig of hard drive space I'll never know, because I've seen better done games on a Commodore 64.  Still, at least I have 10 gig of hard drive space back again.
  • TeiloTeilo Member Posts: 284
    Originally posted by nerovipus32

Aquaman proves you wrong ;)

• IkedaIkeda Member RarePosts: 2,751

The new 52 Aquaman is better than Daredevil too.

When comic movies are at their height, and their making movies about Black Panther and Rokket Raccoon, Daredevils filming right weren't even contested. They just let its rights revert back to Marvel. Not exactly awesome when they are still fighting over Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch.

After 6 months I may try this game once it's situated. I enjoy all the things to do in Super Hero Squad Online. The kid collects stuff and I run silly instances/card battle.

But I'm certainly not looking forward to this game. Too many bad burns makes a person jaded and weary.

• nariusseldonnariusseldon Member EpicPosts: 27,775
    Originally posted by Ikeda
    Too many bad burns makes a person jaded and weary.

How can you be burned by a free game? At worst you wasted 15 min of playing.

• ReklawReklaw Member UncommonPosts: 6,495

What a waste.

The first part was also my experience, never got into the game.

But your second part is very strange coming from you, someone who frequent this website. You already could have know everything before you even played or let alone installed the game.

Me: just curious about the game but already know it most likely doesn't have any lasting power for me.

Would be a different story or topic if this game wasn't free. So not so sure why complain, especially since you're not the new kid on the block?

• ComafComaf Member UncommonPosts: 1,150

What a waste.

Considering how sickly disconnected the programming/funding world is from the titles of the games they make, I wasn't remotely surprised.  I deleted it immediately.

• RoinRoin Member RarePosts: 3,444
    Originally posted by nerovipus32

In War - Victory.
    In Peace - Vigilance.
    In Death - Sacrifice.

• DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183
    How were you surprised going in? You could have saved yourself a bunch of time and read something about it first.

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson