Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Will you ever buy an EA title again?

Comments

• VocadiVocadi Member UncommonPosts: 205

Our household have avoided buying any EA related game for some time. Shortly after SWTOR actually. There are just too many things wrong with the games produced by them and with their poor business decisions.  EA never does anything with the player as their number one priority. They only make choices based on financial viability and if the consumer benefits well that's just a sideline bonus.

I understand that gaming is becoming a huge industry but EA is perpetrating this sick profit over creativity notion that alot of companies seem to be adopting.

Thanks but no thanks.

• WolfenprideWolfenpride Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 3,988

I can't think of the last time they released a game I was halfway interested in. Unless they change gears on the kind of experience they want to deliver to players, doesn't seem likely.

And even then, I really don't want Origins on my computer/having to deal with EA shennanigans.

• GrumpyMel2GrumpyMel2 Member Posts: 1,832

Lets put it this way. The EA brand (or any of it's affiliates) illicits a strong negative reaction in me......to the point that I have dismissed at face value a number of games I might otherwise have purchased. I don't remember the last game I purchased from them.

It would take something exceptional to overcome that reaction and make me consider a purchase from them and even there I would do significant research before making the purchase, but it is not outside the bounds of possibility.

For instance, I would consider Battlefield 4 as I have been a fan of the series since Battlefield 1942 was first released. From any other publisher it likely would have been an automatic pre-order. As it is, I intend to wait 3-4 months after release and research it before considering it. If it requires Origin to play...I think I will likely pass on it, even if it is a good title in itself.

I have rarely seen a company so seemingly single-mindedly focused on destroying it's own brand image and customer base. Frankly it actualy confuses me at this point.  I've heard of companies that have shot themselves in the foot.....I don't know of any besides EA that have reloaded the clip multiple times to do so.

• Jerek_Jerek_ Member Posts: 409
    Originally posted by coretex666

How can anyone vote "no"

What if they make an MMO that you would like? You would not buy it because it was made by EA which you hate or what.

or

Do you think that there is literally (!) zero chance that they would ever make a good MMO? No matter how little the chance, I still think it is not zero.

I voted no for 2 reasons-

1) DA2, ME3, and swtor.  I loved dragon age and mass effect, and Star Wars is one of my favorite ips so even if they make something I should like I have first hand experience that they will fail outright or screw it up later.

2) business practices.  EA games are the only games I've played that keep me thinking with my wallet, asking myself if I'm getting my moneys worth.  Since I have no problem with spending lots of money on entertainment this is annoying.  If things are working right I'll spend and never think about it again, but the way EA handles dlc and micro-transactions keeps me constantly feeling like I'm getting screwed.

If EA's problem was only one of these two I'd take it game by game, but both of these issues together makes the EA label an automatic pass for me.

• YamotaYamota Member UncommonPosts: 6,593
    EA, Bioware, Cryptic nope, never, ever.
  • UnitAkiraUnitAkira Member UncommonPosts: 25

EA fan boi's make me laugh .. EA gets away with its shit because people dont have a pair . its a fucking game and even if its good there are other games out there that i will enjoy and EA is the last pick if i am forced too. but normally something else tickles my fancy and i dont have to part with MY!! money and give it to a bunch of techno sweat shop overseers such as EA whom piss on their customers with joy.. all i have to say is Fuck EA !!! its not the end of the world not buying a game from them to which i have many ,before i woke up . EA will only learn a lesson when people get a set of brass ones and turn to other companies that offer better deals.. but most people are drones and sheep so EA will keeping on EA-ing. 

Enjoy your day :)

• AsboAsbo Member UncommonPosts: 812

Not sure what the big deal is with hating so many companies, they here to make money not have you sleep in bed with them and if you think any different then you need to go see a man in a white coat! As for buying another game from EA I buy what I want to with my money so just because a game company has raped you means little to me and I will buy games from any company who make a game which appeals to me.

I think the real question here is why are you so bitter with EA if you dislike they products then don't buy them it's simple really just like many gamers who have high expectations.

Asbo

• DrunkWolfDrunkWolf Member RarePosts: 1,701
    they have burnt me to many times.  and now that they have completely turned battlefield into cod that was the last straw for me.
  • Panther2103Panther2103 Member EpicPosts: 5,766
    I'm sure I'll end up buying an EA game at some point. I liked a majority of the ones I have purchased I don't care about DLC and will buy it if it's enticing. More content if I like the game. Plus SWTOR wasn't bad, and I liked warhammer online.
  • DamonVileDamonVile Member UncommonPosts: 4,818
    Never is a long time. If they keep putting out half baked trash like they are I wont buy their games. If they start putting out games like the companies they bought used to, I'd buy their games.
  • GrayGhost79GrayGhost79 Member UncommonPosts: 4,775

I've personally given up on EA. I gave them plenty of chances but they simply don't learn from their mistakes and for what ever reason have decided to continue to increase the number and the severity of said mistakes. 

It has become painfully clear that EA does not respect nor do they care about developers, gamers, or gaming in general. It will cost me a number of titles but with the continued sacrifice of quality and effort in the name of profit I don't think I will be missing a great deal. 

I actually don't even care if EA is simply the publisher it is a definite no if EA is associated in any way shape or form. 

• MidBossMidBoss Member Posts: 93
    Originally posted by NightBandit

Not sure what the big deal is with hating so many companies, they here to make money not have you sleep in bed with them and if you think any different then you need to go see a man in a white coat! As for buying another game from EA I buy what I want to with my money so just because a game company has raped you means little to me and I will buy games from any company who make a game which appeals to me.

I think the real question here is why are you so bitter with EA if you dislike they products then don't buy them it's simple really just like many gamers who have high expectations.

How pray tell, is that a valid defense against backlash from their shitty actions?

Since when can you use a reason for an entities existence as a defense?

To quote a man that rants on the internet "A virus exists to self replicate, but would you ask a doctor not to cure your illness...?"

To address the poll, no, I've been EA free since before DA2. And no game they release will change that now.

Even more so since they're most likely the mastermind behind the Xbones draconian DRM.

• LoktofeitLoktofeit Member RarePosts: 14,247
    Originally posted by coretex666

How can anyone vote "no"

What if they make an MMO that you would like? You would not buy it because it was made by EA which you hate or what.

I'm a big fan of Sim City. I really wanted to play Sim City 5, but I'm not a whore enough to give money to a company with practices that I dislike just so that I don't miss out on a video game. Even if they made Super Ultima Mega Sandbox Online and it had every single feature I ever wanted in a video game done perfectly, I still rather miss out on the game than support what they do both customers and small dev studios.

There isn't a "right" or "wrong" way to play, if you want to use a screwdriver to put nails into wood, have at it, simply don't complain when the guy next to you with the hammer is doing it much better and easier. - Allein
    "Graphics are often supplied by Engines that (some) MMORPG's are built in" - Spuffyre

• Yodi2007Yodi2007 Member Posts: 167

No! WHY?

-Ea is a terrible company 

-Company for years refused to pay for overtime & other benefits promised to my Cousin and other hard working emplyoees!

-The Rushed and turned from RPG to Shooter Mass Effect 3 Fiasco!

-The Same release of Madden every year and call it revolutionary!

-Simcity DRM fiasco!

-And the Worst Demo Ever of a game that was soooooooo bad it didn't even bother to release it! Crucification of Andrew Bynum!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5VPwcYWDNIQ

Oh yeah Last game purchased from me was ME2!

Below is where we can disscuss and come up with new ideas for Sandparks!

http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/post/5164689#5164689

• ElRenmazuoElRenmazuo Member RarePosts: 5,361
    yes cuz they publish a lot of games i like such as battlefield 4
  • zaylinzaylin Member UncommonPosts: 794

Warhammer was not messed up from the beginning what people keep failing to see is the Big wiggs want to keep pushing games out before they are ready, to make as much money as they can, and could care less,as long as they make their money back +profit.

And what they fail to see is the fact that if you give a game time to develop and be fully finished they would make more money in the long&short run. I had a lot of fun in WAR but could tell it still needed some polish, it was pushed out 3-6 months early. Swtor's planets just felt empty about level 30ish/2months post launch . Still had fun in it though.

• GaroetGaroet Member Posts: 4
    Honestly i like some of their games, if i found something new on their game i might still try it :)
  • daltaniousdaltanious Member UncommonPosts: 2,381
    Originally posted by ragz45

Just a simple poll out of curiosity.  After the mess that was Warhammer & SW:ToR will you ever buy an MMO being produced by an studio that is EA owned, or backed?

What "mess" with SWTOR? Best game ever and ufficially one with most subs after wow. Yes, yes, ... pretty far but wow is phonomena per se.

And do you know ANY company that had all releases perfect?

• mrrshann618mrrshann618 Member UncommonPosts: 279
    Originally posted by Yodi2007

-The Rushed and turned from RPG to Shooter Mass Effect 3 Fiasco!

From ME 1 to ME 2 there was already a trend moving towards a shooter, ME 3 blended 1 and 2 together. EA was not the start of the move to a shooter, they merely refined what was already happening. Unless of course you move your argument back to ME 2 as EA was publisher for that as well

-The Same release of Madden every year and call it revolutionary!

This happens in EVERY sports game, it matter not

-Simcity DRM fiasco!

You mean similar to the Diablo 3 fiasco, It seems that EA is not the only company that has launching problems

Oh yeah Last game purchased from me was ME2!

But ME 2 was a EA Title and more of a shooter than ME 3...

Play what you Like. I like SWOTR, Have a referral to get you going!
    -->  http://www.swtor.com/r/nBndbs  <--
    Several Unlocks and a few days game time to make the F2P considerably easier
  • IssieaIssiea Member Posts: 75

I wont say never but I'm quite sure I wont be buying any game they release until I've read reviews and I'm sure it is a stable working game.

They've ruined my favourite all time game by making it buggy as heck to the point that you cannot play it without community made mods and even then the game isn't stable.

They seem to be doing worse as time goes by though, so I'm not holding my breath anytime soon.

• Kingmob23Kingmob23 Member UncommonPosts: 78
    I played the shit out of Warhammer online and SWTOR when they first came out. I got my monies worth out of the two, so if EA has an mmo I want I'll get it.
  • redcappredcapp Member Posts: 722

No.

And unlike most, I take my vote as a consumer in a capitalist society seriously, and when I say no I actually mean no.

Edit:  Unless, obviously, the company changes direction and evolves into something I would like to support.

• hayes303hayes303 Member UncommonPosts: 427
    It would most definately depend on the offering.
  • TheJodaTheJoda Member UncommonPosts: 605
    Prolly not, one to many F up's lately!

....Being Banned from MMORPG's forums since 2010, for Trolling the Trolls!!!

• KonfessKonfess Member RarePosts: 1,667
    Originally posted by aRtFuLThinG

[edited]

It is like saying would you boycott Shell petroleum... don't think you even have a choice lol you don't even know what other products indirectly uses their shit... that is unless you go treehugging

Funny you should say that.  My brother has been boycotting Shell for the last 25 years, after a bad customer service experience.  If a customer has a bad experience with a service provider, they are free to take whatever legal actions they want in this country.

Pardon any spelling errors
    Konfess your cyns and some maybe forgiven
    Boy: Why can't I talk to Him?
    Mom: We don't talk to Priests.
    As if it could exist, without being payed for.
    F2P means you get what you paid for. Pay nothing, get nothing.
    Even telemarketers wouldn't think that.
    It costs money to play.  Therefore P2W.