Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

For the LOVE OF GOD..PLEASE NONE OF!

13»

Comments

• Joseph_KerrJoseph_Kerr Member RarePosts: 1,113
    I think you guys are putting too much faith in the hands of SOE and I hope you arent too let down when EQnext actually arrives.
  • p4ttythep3rf3ctp4ttythep3rf3ct Member UncommonPosts: 194
    Originally posted by Darth-Batman
    I think you guys are putting too much faith in the hands of SOE and I hope you arent too let down when EQnext actually arrives.

EQ was my first MMO love.  I wasted literal months of my life in front of that game.  I really hope for the best and would LOVE to see a game such as EQ make a grand return to right all the wrongs precipitated by WoW. ...but I have my doubts.  I'll of course try it when it comes out.  It is F2P after all...

Till then, here's hoping Camelot Unchained will stand behind it's foundation principle and get something we want to play built.  

That's just, like, my opinion, man.

• adderVXIadderVXI Member UncommonPosts: 727

I would love to see -

• NO insta-travel unless its a spell like GG etc.
    • NO damn cars!!!!
    • NO ! or ? over NPC's heads
    • NO maps
    • NO TLC
    • NO leveling mobs i.e. GW2
    • NO instances
    • NO wep/armor binding thus allowing the sale of items you have used
    Everyone has some great ideas and it seems to me what we want is eq1 with a splash of SWG. 

Government is not reason; it is not eloquent; it is force. Like fire, it is a dangerous servant and a fearful master.

George Washington

• wizyywizyy Member UncommonPosts: 629
    Looks like most here would like DayZ in a fantasy world
  • SlukjanSlukjan Member UncommonPosts: 265
    so many good ideas and thoughts here. i would love to see a game like that.  i am trying hard not to get hyped after reading these posts cause that kind of EQN would be great.  we'll just have to wait and see what we get.  i am hoping and praying SOE gets it right, but i have my doubts.
  • bingbongbrosbingbongbros Member UncommonPosts: 689
    Originally posted by adderVXI

I would love to see -

• NO insta-travel unless its a spell like GG etc.
    • NO damn cars!!!!
    • NO ! or ? over NPC's heads
    • NO maps
    • NO TLC
    • NO leveling mobs i.e. GW2
    • NO instances
    • NO wep/armor binding thus allowing the sale of items you have used
    Everyone has some great ideas and it seems to me what we want is eq1 with a splash of SWG. 

I totally forgot about this! Great point!

I forgot that back in the day gear didn't bind on equip or pickup bullshit that WoW started.  Which made the game better imo.  After I out leveled gear I would just sell it to someone or give it to a lowbie.

Or dropping gear on the ground for others to pick up when they happened upon it.  But I know damn well this feature will never come back to EQ, that is like a cemented staple of mmo's now.

Playing: Smite, Marvel Heroes
    Played: Nexus:Kingdom of the Winds, Everquest, DAoC, Everquest 2, WoW, Matrix Online, Vangaurd, SWG, DDO, EVE, Fallen Earth, LoTRo, CoX, Champions Online, WAR, Darkfall, Mortal Online, Guild Wars, Rift, Tera, Aion, AoC, Gods and Heroes, DCUO, FF14, TSW, SWTOR, GW2, Wildstar, ESO, ArcheAge
    Waiting On: Nothing. Mmorpg's are dead.

• ZoeMcCloskeyZoeMcCloskey Member UncommonPosts: 1,372
    We can hope, there is always hope!

• znaiikaznaiika Member Posts: 203
    Is it tab-target?
  • GrailerGrailer Member UncommonPosts: 893

Im worried ....

"It looks like Emily "Domino" Taylor has returned to the Sony Online Entertainment fold after the successful launch of Defiance for Trion Worlds. She is now a Producer on the EQNext team. For those who may not know Domino, she contributed substantially to Crafting and Housing in EverQuest II, specifically the addition of Epic, Heritage, and Signature quests for crafters."

Are you ?

• BrownAleBrownAle Member Posts: 399
    Originally posted by Grailer

Im worried ....

"It looks like Emily "Domino" Taylor has returned to the Sony Online Entertainment fold after the successful launch of Defiance for Trion Worlds. She is now a Producer on the EQNext team. For those who may not know Domino, she contributed substantially to Crafting and Housing in EverQuest II, specifically the addition of Epic, Heritage, and Signature quests for crafters."

Are you ?

Im more worried about smedly.  I don't dislike the guy, I know he wants to make good games and tries hard to do so.  my issues with him is his use of sandbox when describing what eqnext will be.

This really bothers me based on another game he calls a sandbox...which is...planetside 2.  We all know that game isn't a sandbox or a mmorpg by any stretch and that's not speaking negatively about ps2 in any way...its just...well if he thought ps2 is a sandbox...what the fck is a sandbox by his definition?  how can you have a sandbox without a metagame ect.  Forgive me here since its not allowing me to hit return to make a new paragraph.  Im worried for this game not because of crafting or playing house, both of which don't make a good game, and crafting doesn't even matter in most themepark, and doesn't matter in a sandbox without item loss...im not sure SOE has the balls to introduce loss in a mmorpg...SOE is the anti-Christ in risktaking with mmo's .  I think that mmorpgs in general are going to continue to disappoint until developers start taking risks, start excluding the try hard cry babies that demand their game be easy, simple, risk free, and familiar...I don't see SOE being the guys to do this, no matter what smedly wants to do.  Also, I hate the SOE in house game engine, makes every SOE game since eq2 run like shit...I expect to see the latest iteration of it for eq next, thank god I have an overkill system so I can expect barely acceptable FPS and stability from this game.  oh and mmorpg fix your website so I can make paragraphs. 

• YukmarcYukmarc Member UncommonPosts: 165

Im worried ....

Are you ?

Serious question. How is this a bad thing? I'm not a big crafter beyond just dabbling with it, but I've always heard great things about EQ2's crafting. As far as EPIC/Heritage and Signature quests, if it's anything like the adventuring line of those quests, then it should be good... no?

• BuccaneerBuccaneer Member UncommonPosts: 654

Do not include:

Easy repetitive quests from lazy NPC's.  If you have to have them, slap them on a job board and reward faction for them, which builds trust in the area you are in, which could lead to better quests.  Call them as they are : Jobs or pest control, but not quests.

No sparkles and glowing trails to lead you.  All the info you need to complete the quest should be given to you in the quest text.

Limit instances.  Use instances to tell a part of a story, not whole dungeons.  Make dungeons massive.  Allow the outer edges or entrances to be soloed, but to explore deeper you need a group, for example EQ.

Do not make quests the main source of game play.  Make parts of the world have hidden worthwhile treasures for explorers to find.  Make some dungeons not linked to any quests worthwhile, by having great rewards.  Mix the gameplay up.

No maps when you first get to an area.  You have to invest time and effort in a skill which allows you to produce maps when you explore an area.  The greater the skill the better the maps.

No lumps of metal sticking out of the ground to harvest.  Bring back mines like we had in UO and make them dangerous the deeper you go in.  You have to go in deeper to get the better metals or gems etc.

Do not make raiding the main focus of the game.  Try and include all play types.  When you make expansions take note of Kunark, velious and even SoL.  What did they have, content for everyone.  PoP and the expansions afterwards was raid or quit.  This IMO was the downfall of EQ.

And for the love of god, don't fill the maps with hundreds of NPC's along each and every road, which you have to kill to get anywhere.  Make it interesting bring back the sand giants and the spectres or that mob in South Karana that would one shot you.  Bring back the high level roamers you have to avoid.  Make me look over my shoulder when traveling, bring back the danger to PvE servers.  Since EQ I play mostly on open world PvP servers due to the lack of danger from the environment on PVE servers.

I made a big list of things I do not want a see.  I could go on, but instead here are a few things I would love to see in EQ next.

Bring Enchanters back to their full glory (I'm biased Chanters are my favorite class in any MMO).  Love to see pullers back as well.

I know I'm mad, but would love to see TRAINS back.  I can still remember dying to my first train.  I was a newbie standing at the orc lift wondering what the hell do they mean by a train. 

Bring back weight restrictions on what you can carry, but allow us to use mules which follow us around to carry surplus gear.  Make the mules killable by mobs.  If we do not protect the mules and they get killed, we have to go back to town to buy a new one collect the gear we had stored on them.

Bring back epic quests, which take us all over the game world to complete.  Have different ones for solo, group and raid players. Use a little bit of phasing, but only on the quest named mobs etc.  I do not want to go back to the days of waiting for days for a quest mob to spawn.

Meaningful death penalties without the de-leveling.

Basic spells drop of mobs or you can buy them from trainers.  To upgrade them you have to practice them.  Allow skills to have levels which degrade overtime (played) if you do not use them.

Make crafting materials useful at all levels of crafting, for example spider silk.  Helps the new player earn some much needed coin and will create a healthy economy.

Bring back proper day and night cycles.  When night was actually dark and you needed a light source to see.  If you went into a cave it would be pitch black.

Bring back the caster mobs from EQ.  The ones who would not fire of a couple of spells and then run in to the players melee range.  The ones which would try and keep distance between you and them to fire off spells.  The ones that would blind and mez you, or charm one of your group mates to attack the group.

Bring back proper mob agro.  Do not allow me to enter a small room with a group of mobs and allow me to pick them off one by one, whilst the others just look on.  Bring back the Ai which allows the mob to run away to get help etc.

Bring back tactics throughout the game.  Not the tank pulls the room into a small area whilst the DPS AoE it to death (I know chanter talking).

Lastly loads of fluff.  Mini games.  Loads of stuff to do which is not combat or crafting based.

I'll end it there, but I could go on.

• TheJodaTheJoda Member UncommonPosts: 605

No cash shops!!!!!

....Being Banned from MMORPG's forums since 2010, for Trolling the Trolls!!!

• DrakephireDrakephire Member UncommonPosts: 451
    The nostalgarians are going to be disappointed with EQN. There's no getting around that.
  • Ramonski7Ramonski7 Member UncommonPosts: 2,662
    Good lord such naivety! I can already taste the bittersweet tears of the stupefied masses that cannot believe how this went wrong...

"Small minds talk about people, average minds talk about events, great minds talk about ideas."

• strangiato2112strangiato2112 Member CommonPosts: 1,538

Im worried ....

Are you ?

Best dev EQ2 ever had, this is fantastic news

• observerobserver Member RarePosts: 3,685
    Originally posted by strangiato2112

Im worried ....

Are you ?

Best dev EQ2 ever had, this is fantastic news

I always liked EQ2's crafting and housing system.  I also liked the Heritage quests.  Those were really fun.

• ice-vortexice-vortex Member UncommonPosts: 960
    Originally posted by Drakephire
    The nostalgarians are going to be disappointed with EQN. There's no getting around that.

Pretty much.